Profile for angoradebs

Member Name: angoradebs
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021  Jun 23 2020, 09:54:50 PM

jo said: "I noticed the change of dates to 2021. However, not sure if that meant anything --

*if it is true that Hugh Jackman might be involved in filming a movie in the spring

*how sure are they that majority of the ticketholders will be able to make it on those "assigned" dates, especially if they are domestic or overseas tourists? It might be easier to simply automatically refund ( when an official announcement by Broadway League or the production i

MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021  Jun 23 2020, 08:55:33 PM

Just chiming in that I had tix for both the matinee and evening performances on October 24, and they have both been moved to May 15, same seats. Works just fine for me, I hope it still happens.

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 26 2020, 10:34:51 PM

sabrelady said: "Also just donated. AND I don't even get the tax deduction!"

In case you don't know, for tax year 2020 (filing in 2021) you will be able to deduct up to $300 in charitable contributions even if you don't itemize deductions. It will be above-the-line just like student loan interest is.

Share the shows you were planning on seeing....this weekend  Apr 17 2020, 04:16:01 PM

Not Broadway, but I was supposed to see Beth Leavel in concert in Indianapolis tomorrow. It's been rescheduled for September. We'll see (it's only a 200-seat venue, so it's very possible it will be "allowed" by September - but that doesn't necessarily mean Beth Leavel will want to travel for it)

WHEN WILL THEY ANNOUNCE  Apr 15 2020, 11:19:30 AM

I have tickets to 2 different Music Man performances in October. If it proceeds as scheduled (and I do understand it's an "if", I will be there. Otherwise I will probably wait until next year for another NYC trip. But I do plan to attend shows and concerts in my hometown once they are permitted again. 

Wanted: Bettlejuice & Tootsie Souvenir Programs  Apr 5 2020, 06:22:15 PM

BdwayLife said: "Thanks Brody. I saw that the playbillstore had it, but, the shipping cost to Canada is $45. If no one on here has one they are willing to sell, I will buy it from the Beetlejuice merchandise store—although the program is $5 more, the shipping cost is only $15.

I’ve looked everywhere online for a Tootsie Souvenir Program, and can only find one source—TheatreGold, for $95! Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

"

National Tours / Venues postponing or canceling stops due to CoronaVirus  Mar 12 2020, 06:38:03 PM

Broadway in Columbus posted something very similar about the rest of the My Fair Lady run - that they are hoping to reschedule it. Ohio has banned gatherings over 100 people. Cincinnati's next show isn't until mid-April (Escape to Margaritaville), so time will tell on that one

2020-2021 Touring Season  Mar 2 2020, 09:13:13 PM

dmwnc1959 said: "PNC Broadway in Columbus has announced their 2020/2021 season:

Come From Away Sept. 15-20, 2020

Fiddler on the Roof Dec. 8 - 13, 2020

Beautiful: The Carol King Musical Jan. 29 - 30, 2021

Pretty Woman Feb. 9-14, 2021

Riverdance March 5 - 7, 2021

CATS March 23-28, 2021

Hadestown

Hadestown cast replacements  Mar 2 2020, 05:29:31 PM

ggersten said: "

Thanks, Pashcar! Yes, given the priority on seeing this show and travel, the "peace of mind" factor is larger than normal. I'll keep looking. From A View From My Seat, it looks like Hades' office is more stage right, so I think I'd prefer to be, if not center, than on the right side of auditorium (stage left). It also looks like light standards may block view on the extreme sides."

I would strongly suggest house left over hous

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME/Britney Spears musical to play pre-Broadway Chicago engagement  Mar 1 2020, 09:33:04 PM

So, Chicago performances start next month - do we have any cast info on this at all?

SIX - Preview Thread  Mar 1 2020, 08:07:38 PM

YvanEhtNioj said: "angoradebs said: "Det95 said: "Really interesting article from the NYT about the development of the show.

"

Can someone spoiler-tag explain what the "crowd-pleasing costume reveal" is?
"

I did! Above
"

Yikes, I somehow missed that completely. Thanks!

SIX - Preview Thread  Mar 1 2020, 03:47:01 PM

Det95 said: "Really interesting article from the NYT about the development of the show.

"

Can someone spoiler-tag explain what the "crowd-pleasing costume reveal" is?

Greg Kinnear as Aticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird  Feb 29 2020, 02:08:32 PM

CT2NYC said: 

I don't knowfor sure, but I think far house left would be less problematic than the right."

I appreciate the quick response! I found the rush thread for TKAM as well which seems to indicate the same thing. I'm really excited to see this show, and especially with Richard Thomas as Atticus. To keep this somewhat on topic, I'm actually surprised Richard Thomas is doing the tour rather than replacing Ed Harris instead of Greg Kinnear.

Greg Kinnear as Aticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird  Feb 29 2020, 12:51:29 PM

This might not be the correct place to ask this, but I didn't want to start a new thread. This show is coming to my town on your next year. Because of pricing, availability, and how far back the mezz is from the stage, I almost always end up sitting in left or right front orchestra.

So if you were to see this show from the first few rows, would it be better to sit far orch right or far orch left? I understand I will be missing stuff either way, I'm very used to missing side act

2020-2021 Touring Season  Feb 27 2020, 09:34:25 PM

cookie17 said: 
And hey October is a good time to go to NYC!"

I actually am going to NYC in October! And, luckily enough, it is the weekend AFTER Audra McDonald comes and does 3 shows with the Cincinnati Pops! So my October will still be great! 

2020-2021 Touring Season  Feb 27 2020, 08:11:07 PM

Cincinnati:

Pretty Woman - 11/10-11/22
My Fair Lady - 12/1-12/13
Frozen - 1/6-1/24
The Band's Visit - 2/9-2/14 (option)
Hamilton - 3/2-3/28 (subscribers have to pay for it up front but can have it removed later)
To Kill a Mockingbird - 4/6-4/18
Hairspray - 5/4-5/9 (option)
Ain't Too Proud - 5/25-6/6

Unlike last time Hamilton came through, this time subscribers will be able to buy additional Hamilton tickets before the general on-sale.

The Music Man Revival post Jackman and Foster  Feb 22 2020, 05:46:44 PM

Fosse76 said: "I'm more curious as to how a 44 year old woman's mother has a young son. Unless Winthrop is played as a mentally disabled adult, it was already a hard sell in earlier iterations."

Just because Sutton Foster is 44 doesn't mean Marian Paroo is 44. Patti Murin and Caissie Levy played characters around 20 years younger than themselves in Frozen. Since Marian's age is never stated outright, it doesn't really matter, but I'm going to

Winter Garden additional Row  Feb 13 2020, 11:34:15 AM

JPeterman said: "angoradebs said: "Is it possible that they are actually planning to remove row AA?"

It seems very unlikely .... since they were selling tickets for months without AA on the seating map and then got thebright idea to squeeze in one more row of high priced tickets and went to the trouble ofaddingrow AA to the seating mapseveral weeks ago.
"

Ah, I see. I misunderstood; I thought this was just about the Winter Garden seating

Loudest gasp you've heard in the theatre  Feb 12 2020, 09:02:37 PM

In Come From Away, when Bonnie is talking to the rare bonobo chimpanzee about her baby.

Winter Garden additional Row  Feb 12 2020, 08:57:16 PM

Is it possible that they are actually planning to remove row AA?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.