Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for Playbill_Trash

Member Name: Playbill_Trash
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Loading out in progress at the August Wilson  Sep 1 2020, 09:51:48 AM
Seeing as their entire set can be saved in a thumb drive, there’s no reason to think this is not an actual load out.

Alan Menken is a  Jul 27 2020, 06:37:07 PM
I’m sorry, but winning an Emmy for just doing a press performance to promote your broadway show should not even be eligible. All Ben and Cynthia did was fill the press obligations in their contract. And frankly the same for being on their albums. They only deserve their Tonys.

Not having Betsy Struxness in the Hamilton movie does a disservice to the show  Jul 5 2020, 11:24:14 PM
So she didn’t like that the move to broadway involved refining the show for a broadway opening because that “wasn’t as fun” - ignoring the fact that that was the stage that the show was in and no longer in an earlier, developmental stage? And was tired of doing 8 shows a week?

Sounds like just not wanting to do 2 standard parts of her job, that any broadway performer does in any show. I don’t know if there are other personal reasons/stories I’m not aware of, but if she wasn’t up for ful

Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3  Jun 30 2020, 10:25:09 AM
So is the whole OBC getting some portion of money from the Disney+ deal as part of the initial 2016 deal they got to receive a portion of future Hamilton grosses?

At least this time they would actually deserve it.

MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021  Jun 24 2020, 07:31:00 PM
Just to be clear, even though telecharge didn’t state it in the email, can you still email their customer service for a full refund of your initial purchase instead of accepting newly assigned tickets? If you’re not comfortable going, or for whatever reason?

MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021  Jun 23 2020, 09:14:18 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "If you click the “download ticket” link on the Email the tickets will show the new date "

Thanks!

MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021  Jun 23 2020, 08:29:14 PM

Question re: checking when previously purchased tickets have been rescheduled to:

Are you only able to see your new dates if you log in with a telecharge account? My family purchased tickets, but we always check out as guest on telecharge and do not have an actual log in. Is there a way to check without one?

Cynthia Erivo EGOT  Nov 1 2019, 11:59:14 AM

52889j said: "The Emmy for "Outstanding Musical Performance in a Daytime Program" was only created in 2016. The company of The Color Purple were only the second winners of the award. The casts of Dear Evan Hansen and The Band's Visit have subsequently won.

Personally I feel that the category is excessive. I don't at all mean to undermine these three outstanding Broadway companies, but for them to win an award for simply showing up (in DEH's case, not

MJ The Musical officially opening on Broadway Summer 2020  Oct 11 2019, 08:41:59 AM
“Man in the Mirror” would have been a great title. Take that as you will, but it just would have been a much better title.

Maybe they’re skimping on the bulbs for the marquee because their budget is mostly for hush money?

Hugh Jackman in The Music Man  Sep 7 2019, 07:34:52 AM
When you said forgettable tv, then started to list examples, I seriously thought your example for Kristen Chenowith was going to be Pushing Daisies - which was actually forgettable (even though it won her an Emmy).

The fact that you didn’t remember Pushing Daisies literally proves that it was forgettable.

Ryan Murphy Set To Adapt A CHORUS LINE  Sep 6 2019, 08:26:43 AM
Does anyone here know if they are going to update the tempo of each of the 10 songs to slow them down so they will each fill an hour long episode? Seems creative, but how will they find time for the dialougue?

Richard Linklater - Merrily We Roll Along  Sep 4 2019, 11:03:41 AM
I’m not complaining about this announcement at all and am very excited to see such a risk taken on a property that is famously not a safe bet.

But imagine if they didn’t announce this at all now, filmed it the way the planned in the next 20 years, and in 2040 the movie just premiered out of nowhere with this incredible concept. If it was a huge surprise that they’ve been filming for 20 years and we have this now 20 year old footage of this cast. That surprise would be so compelling and

HERCULES to Play the Public Theatre this summer!!  Aug 27 2019, 03:23:24 PM
I don’t understand why every time I ask someone on these boards to post a bootleg of a show, the post gets taken down.

It is very important that this gets done and is posted online. This is critical.

Mistakes on cast albums  Aug 26 2019, 08:04:30 AM
On the Young Frankenstein cast recording, during the overture if you turn the volume all the way up during the staccato end section of the “Roll in the Hay” instrumental, you can hear someone turning their page in the sheet music. It’s glorious.

Different shows with similar plots  Aug 19 2019, 10:41:19 AM
Waitress and Sweeney Todd are basically the same:

People with troubled past relationships use baking to cope with their feelings. Each pie is inspired by someone they’ve encountered and contains their best qualities, making their business a success.

DIANA TO TRANSFER  Aug 12 2019, 01:55:30 PM
I mean, Diana DiGarmo was great on American Idol all those years ago and all, but a whole jukebox musical about her?

I didn’t know she had that big of a catalog.

The Cher Show to close August 18th  Aug 8 2019, 09:25:21 AM
The real silver lining here is that SJB will finally be available for Rise Season 2!

Broadway "Vacation" Musical  Aug 8 2019, 09:12:18 AM
These writers are also 2 of the 3 people that would host the improv show “Don’t quit your night job” right? With all the broadway guests around 2007-2010?

That gives me high hopes, those shows were always hilarious.

And one of them was in Peter and the starcatcher too right?

I guess I’m asking the one poster who said they know them if I’m remembering correctly.

DEBRA MONK - Anyone heard from her?  Jul 30 2019, 07:21:28 AM
Yes, as a matter of fact - funny that you ask. I swear the following is a true story:

When I was in NYC the last weekend in April seeing Tootsie and Beetlejuice, my family and I saw the Sunday matinee of Gary. About 10 minutes before the show started I looked around me and noticed someone that looked a lot like Debra Monk. I said to my mom, “Debra Monk is sitting right behind us.” She said “no that’s not her.” But I was pretty certain and knew the show was 1 act with no intermission, so

Mrs. Doubtfire -The Musical Seattle Pre-Broadway Run!!  Jun 7 2019, 09:05:36 AM
I’m not so much worried about Rob McClure struggling to compare to Robin Williams. There’s already precedent of that not being an issue recently - James Monroe Iglehart has a Tony award.

He and Casey Nicholaw crafted a genie that can stand alone as a new stage presence from what was in the movie while respecting the original. And I’m sure the doubtfire writers, director, and Rob McClure can make something special for the stage too.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.