Profile for stoptheworld38

stoptheworld38 Profile Photo
Member Name: stoptheworld38
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Favorite musicals:
-Come From Away
-Dear Evan Hansen
-Once On This Island
-The Band's Visit
-Pippin
-Head Over Heels
-Fun Home
-Mean Girls
-Hamilton
-Sunday In the Park With George
-The Secret Garden
-Ragtime
-and more...

#youwillbefound

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

B'way closed thru 1/3 now  Jul 4 2020, 09:43:39 AM
Yes, January IS possible. There is ZERO point in stating that something 6 months away is completely out of the question. (And to be honest, I think that they should’ve even waited til later this summer or early-mid fall to make a final decision about extending that far when so much could change, but I will spare that rant). People can say that January is unlikely all they want, but until we get closer to the time, don’t say it’s not happening like that’s carved in stone. As far as going in Febru

Stage 4 Reopening ?  Jun 25 2020, 11:49:33 PM

One of my biggest concerns is the reopening of schools.  (One of the main things in Phase 4). Both of my towns (where my immediate family is/where I've been the past few months, and where I went to college and live most of the year) - in upstate NY and Vermont have been doing remarkably well at managing and being safe. However they are both major college towns and (as of now) are planning on reopening the colleges (as well as K-12 schools, at least in VT) this fall. Obviously the reo

The League To Announce Broadway Canceled The Rest Of The Year?  Jun 22 2020, 04:56:58 PM

Say what you will, but I really think making such an (accurate) announcement before say, August, at the soonest, is completely unreasonable. The end of this year is 6 months away. That's half an entire year. I could agree with them announcing something along the lines of "the shutdown is extended past September 6 with a return date still TBD" but that could mean October, could mean January, could mean something in between. Really, people. If everyone is serious about minimizing

Help sourcing rare broadway merch?  Jun 14 2020, 02:37:54 PM

It's pretty hit or miss (and prices could be really high depending on what it is) but eBay may well be your best bet.

Unpopular theatre opinions  Jun 12 2020, 09:19:22 PM

Lot666 said: "fashionguru_23 said: "I think Come From Away should have won Best Musical over Dear Evan Hansen"

Me too. I think Ben Platt was completely deserving of his Tony for what he did with the role, but the overall show was a less successful package than Come From Away.

I also think The Ferryman was the most over-hyped, boring, and pointless show of its season.
"

I know almost nothing about The Ferryman

What will be the first new Disney musical to open post covid  Jun 12 2020, 09:15:19 PM

My guess for Broadway would be either Hercules or Tangled. If I remember correctly, Aida is set to just be a tour, not Broadway.

Opinion on cats  Jun 11 2020, 04:20:03 PM

I think they're in general soft and cuddly and adorable. Although mine is kind of a nightmare sometimes...

Unpopular theatre opinions  Jun 11 2020, 04:18:22 PM

fashionguru_23 said: "I think Come From Away should have won Best Musical over Dear Evan Hansen

I don't get all the hype and love for Caroline or Change. I saw it this past winter, and I have still yet to find out what everyone sees in it. There are moments that are great, but overall, I'm not sure about it.
"

Agreed on Come From Away. I think that being up against Dear Evan Hansen (which I also love), it wasn't recognized in the way it should&#

What Broadway Play Do You Regret Not Seeing?  Jun 9 2020, 06:39:21 PM

For plays, What the Constitution Means to Me and Choir Boy.

For musicals, The Great Comet, Fun Home, Anastasia, Head Over Heels, The Prom, Frozen, and Beetlejuice.

Broadway Merch  Jun 5 2020, 07:07:56 PM

As people have said, Playbillstore.com has quite a bit. (You can search by specific show). Plus most shows have an online store/merchandise tab on their website.

Sometimes you can find stuff on eBay but it's kinda hit or miss. Depending on what it is/when you find it it can be either way cheaper than buying it brand new, or else crazy expensive...

It's not official Broadway merch, but Redbubble has a TON of Broadway-related designs/lyrics/art/etc that you can get on prac

Anyways I can watch musicals/plays anywhere?  Jun 4 2020, 10:04:21 PM

-You can find a ton of bootlegs on youtube if you know what to look for. (Sometimes they can be tricky to find as their often listed under something other than the actual title of the show, to minimize their chances of getting taken down/and or aren't publicly listed). But if you just search "broadway bootlegs" there's many playlists with lots.

-BroadwayHD is a streaming service with a fair amount of stuff, although almost nothing that is currently running on Broadway

NYC On Track To Start Phased Re-Opening June 8th  May 30 2020, 12:06:51 AM
I’m in upstate NY (Ithaca) and we’re still officially only in Phase 1 although I think close to Phase 2, as some retail businesses and stuff have now reopened. (I went to a local used clothing store this afternoon), and the place I get my hair cut is set to reopen Monday. Obviously there’s still quite a ways to go before theatre and similar things come back (and where I am is significantly further ahead of NYC) but we have to start somewhere. So hopefully good news...

Dreamcasting Fiddler movie  May 29 2020, 05:38:05 PM

Seconding Adam Kantor!

Let's try to be optimistic  May 28 2020, 06:42:10 PM

Okay, I'm largely just ranting to myself here and not necessarily expecting people are gonna read this but I'm gonna say it all anyway. If you're going to comment anything all I ask is you be nice about it. I'll start off by saying I hope everyone is healthy and doing as well as they can amidst the current circumstances. I will also say I am NOT active in the theatre industry, or the health industry, and in no way consider myself an expert. If I say any false information pleas

Broadway Open in January??  May 25 2020, 02:16:32 PM
I’ve made several comments regarding this over the past several weeks and truth be told I am getting really sick of saying it (that is not directed at any specific person by the way) so I’m not gonna repeat myself in detail but the truth is NO ONE KNOWS. Will Broadway reopen in the fall? Probably not. But is that out of the question? No. Unlikely, probably yes. Not impossible. January reopening? Probably significantly more likely than September. Definite? Also no. What kinds of safety precaution

Getting it off my chest  May 18 2020, 08:55:45 PM
Believe me, I am 100% with you. I was supposed to see Hadestown with my family at the end of March for my graduation gift. Of course that didn’t happen and while we’ll definitely still see it, it now won’t be happening until fall or later. And the day after the shutdown announcement the community production of Matilda that I was volunteering on the costume team for also got postponed. It was first postponed til summer but that has now been extended to fall. My teacher from the fall semester is h

Broadway on Demand - complete disappointment  May 17 2020, 07:03:07 PM
I just looked at it - not as excited now as I had been. Oh well, I’m hoping they’ll continue adding stuff and hopefully it’ll get better. I am excited to see Allegiance though.

Alternatives to the Broadway Flea Market  May 16 2020, 01:28:17 PM
As was said earlier, if shows are open in September (which yes I realize is probably unlikely, but not out of the question as we really don’t know at this point yet how things are gonna progress) it probably could happen, if they did it in a bigger area and could have people more spread out. Maybe also do it over 2 or 3 days instead of just one, as that could maybe mean fewer people at any given time.

It would seem kind of strange to have flea when no shows are running (and probably a

MJ reschedules for March 2021  May 16 2020, 01:21:33 PM
Honestly it’s too soon to say anything at this point. I really think it’s exceedingly unlikely that nothing would come back before spring 2021. I agree that reopening in September of this year is probably somewhat of a long shot given what we know now, but to say there is zero chance of it happening when that’s 4 months away is not a reasonable thing to say.

I agree that new shows that were set to open this spring/summer likely will be pushed to spring 2021 or later, if they happen at

ALLEGIANCE To Stream On Broadway On Demand  May 14 2020, 09:15:32 PM
I have heard that the base subscription is free and then there will be other stuff available for an additional cost. (Not sure where Allegiance falls).

You must log in to view off-topic posts.