Profile for msmp

msmp Profile Photo
Member Name: msmp
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

1776 Broadway revival cast for 2021  Apr 16 2020, 06:52:04 PM

The cast doesn't excite me (I would have loved a reunion of the 54 Below cast who did this ages ago--don't remember everyone but I know Mary Testa, Bonnie Milligan, and Carolee Carmello were involved) but 1776 was the first musical I ever listened to and I'm looking forward to this new take on it.

Show with Most Broadway Debuts  Apr 6 2020, 05:39:32 AM

MollyJeanneMusic said: "Percentage-wise or the highest number? I know the recent West Side Story revival hasa lot of debuts. And from what I can tell, The Lightning Thief might win percentage-wise - I think the only actor who had been on Broadway was Chris McCarrell."

You would be correct, including the understudy team.

Aaron Tveit has tested positive (BUT IS OK!)  Mar 24 2020, 06:03:20 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "My question is how did he get a test if his symptoms are that of a minor cold? There are some very sick people out there who can’t get tested."

Tam Mutu and his wife both had it (as another poster above reported!), so there may have been a concern about whether it was spreading to the entire cast. (Note: this is just my best guess, not intended to be an assertion of fact!)

Ruthie Ann Miles is EXPECTING! :D  Mar 21 2020, 06:15:13 PM
Seeing her post on Instagram announcing it today was the first thing to make me smile in a couple days. Genuinely wish her an easy pregnancy and delivery, and want nothing but the best for her, her husband, and their child to be.

This is likely the death of the stage door  Mar 21 2020, 06:13:55 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "People just like to act superior and all high and mighty over stupid sh*t like this. "

Hear hear. I've never understood the dedication of so many to tearing apart this tradition. If you dont like it, dont do it--same as the actors.

What’s the last show you saw on Broadway before its closing?  Mar 15 2020, 04:25:11 PM

Moulin Rouge! on the 10th. It was a Christmas present for my mom and she didn't want to cancel. Turned out to be a fantastic show and I am in love with Ashley Loren's Satine more than Karen's interpretation.

Self-care While Self-Distancing and Broadway is Closed  Mar 15 2020, 12:55:58 AM

I've been picking a new cast album per night to listen to on my turntable. Finally making my way through some of the more obscure titles in the collection my grandmother left me. It's a nice way to unwind after a day of teleworking. :)

Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread  Mar 13 2020, 11:24:48 PM

BenElliott said: "I've been listening to the audio b**tleg of the first preview from last night and the tuba solo in the finale is completely unnecessary."

I can't believe Patti has the stamina to do the tuba solo after rushing over from the Jacobs! Certainly racing to win two Tonys this year.

Will They Work on Their Shows?  Mar 13 2020, 02:32:56 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Work continues. Only performing in front of a large audience. Even the TV talk shows are still going on with full staff on set. They’re just not having a full live studio audience. They didn’t just shut down production completely. Same with the Broadway shows. They’ll continue to run-thru the show to keep everyone in check. They’re just not performing in front of hundred/thousands sitting in the audience."

How are most sho

Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread  Mar 13 2020, 02:24:43 AM

Personally, what most surprised me was when Carmen broke into a mashup of "Hostess With the Mostess" and "If You Knew My Story". Was that supposed to be her eleven o'clock or did I miss something?

Broadway and the Coronavirus  Mar 8 2020, 01:49:25 AM

AllThatJazz2 said: "We have a trip planned for next weekend. As someone said above, declaring a state of emergency allows them to get federal funding and is not an actual indicator they’re about to shut everything down. It seems like theaters are taking proactive measures (hand sanitizers, stopping stage doors and backstage guests). Right now, we are planning on things going forward as scheduled, and we’ll adjust as needed. If things are forcibly shut down, I’m sure

Diana A True Musical Story  Feb 28 2020, 01:22:23 AM

Taking my mom to the first preview on Monday because we had a slot to fill on our trip and she's always been a huge Princess Di fan. I'm not super enthused but I'm going in with an open mind. Did I read/hear right that they have Judy Kaye play Barbara Cartland at some point in the show, not just QEII?

Is Isaac Powell doing WSS matinees?  Feb 15 2020, 03:51:17 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "If you want the least amount of understudies possible, go before opening night. Because I can guarantee you that the understudy board will be FILLED post-opening."

Why, out of curiosity?

Archival videos in TOFT  Feb 8 2020, 02:35:00 AM

Any preserved recording of Mary Martin's "Oak Leaf Monologue" and final monologue from Hello, Dolly! There's an audio recording out there of her songs from the Tokyo stop of the world tour, and of course the London cast album, but nothing of her book scenes, which are just as important as the music in the story.

Also any kind of video of her whole performance.

Flying Over Sunset  Feb 2 2020, 01:59:06 AM

I think that's a fair perspective, and I too want to see the show before I get too worked up in one direction or the other. And definitely a good point re: the other two central characters. It's a small universe that likely knows of Clare Booth Luce, and if people know Aldous Huxley it's probably only via having to read Brave New World in high school (which is the only reason I even knew the name).

PLAYBILL Covers of the 2019-2020 Season  Feb 1 2020, 08:48:35 PM

Still have a strong preference for the Boston branding, but that is a really nice new cover. Wonder if it's a total rebrand or if it's gonna tie in to Valentine's Day or something; they've been leaning into "Why live if not for love?" on social media the past few days.

MEAN GIRLS To Welcome Social Media Star Cameron Dallas For Four Week Run  Feb 1 2020, 08:46:51 PM

treblemakerz said: "msmp said: "When does this long national nightmare end, again? I want to get tickets for a return trip before Kate Rockwell leaves (my mom is a huge fan of hers) but I'd prefer to avoid the Cameron Dallas trainwreck if possible."

This upcoming week is his last. After February 11th, you should be solid.
"

Golden, thank you so much!

Flying Over Sunset  Feb 1 2020, 02:13:51 PM

Rosette3 said: "msmp said: "It's not a great look for a show in 2020 to have an entirely white cast (people still talk about how white Bandstand was, for instance), but the industry is definitely not as blind to diversity as it once was. A misstep on the part of the casting director perhaps, though by no means a fatal one. This show still looks excellent."

I'm confused... Flying Over Sunsetcharacters are based on actual people from history who ex

MEAN GIRLS To Welcome Social Media Star Cameron Dallas For Four Week Run  Feb 1 2020, 02:02:00 PM

When does this long national nightmare end, again? I want to get tickets for a return trip before Kate Rockwell leaves (my mom is a huge fan of hers) but I'd prefer to avoid the Cameron Dallas trainwreck if possible.

2020 Tony Awards Eligibility Meeting #2  Feb 1 2020, 01:56:18 PM

bjh2114 said: "I suppose I should have clarified that he has the best chance of winning a Tony of all of the men! Lois will obviously be in her own category and has a great chance of winning."

Not having seen The Inheritance yet, how big is Lois Smith's role? Is it beefy enough that she could win the Best Actress in a Featured Role or is this going to (and I certainly hope not) be a situation where the nomination is seen as "enough" b

You must log in to view off-topic posts.