Profile for Loopin’theloop

Member Name: Loopin’theloop
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Roles they DIDN'T get....  May 16 2020, 02:03:48 PM
Joanna Riding played the title role in the workshops for ‘Mary Poppins’ but Cameron decided he wanted to go younger and she was offered the role of Mrs Banks...

That’s gotta feel like a kick to the crotch!

Next revival with the same star  May 12 2020, 07:38:27 AM
Really the only mega hit of recent times, that would make sense for a commercial revival and one that you could plausibly have the same star/stars as it’s original production is The Producers. Both Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick could return. It would also work with Nathan Lane alongside a different Leo but not the other way around.

I can’t really think of examples beyond that?

People Who Saw Shows That Now Live In Infamy, What Was Your Experience At Said Show?  May 7 2020, 10:57:20 AM

ggersten said: "CATSNYrevival said: "Stephen Ward was obviously a subject that was particularly interesting to Andrew Lloyd Webber but had limitedcommercial appeal to West End audiences, and virtually zero commercial appeal outside the UK.It's hard to build a hit show from that. Most people, particularly in America, likely don't know who Stephen Ward was and likelyjustdon't care either. Having said that, there are some lovely tunes. "This Side of the Sky&quo

People Who Saw Shows That Now Live In Infamy, What Was Your Experience At Said Show?  May 7 2020, 10:57:19 AM

ggersten said: "CATSNYrevival said: "Stephen Ward was obviously a subject that was particularly interesting to Andrew Lloyd Webber but had limitedcommercial appeal to West End audiences, and virtually zero commercial appeal outside the UK.It's hard to build a hit show from that. Most people, particularly in America, likely don't know who Stephen Ward was and likelyjustdon't care either. Having said that, there are some lovely tunes. "This Side of the Sky&quo

People Who Saw Shows That Now Live In Infamy, What Was Your Experience At Said Show?  May 7 2020, 08:37:57 AM

I Want a Revival of ONCE UPON A MATTRESS  May 4 2020, 05:10:05 AM

George in DC said: "Jackie Hoffman was great in the part, too old but who cared, she was great.

Sutton Foster is sooo wrong for the part. Winnifred should not look, sound or act like a traditional princess stereotype - and Ms Foster is princess like in every way.

She's not a major name, but I would cast Beanie Feldstein in the lead.
"

Winifred is an atypical Princess desperate to marry, I actually prefer her case older 

Ryan Murphy's HOLLYWOOD on Netflix  May 3 2020, 06:47:11 AM

uncageg said: "I am trying to remember what book I read that talked about the gas stations being a hot spot back then and aspiring actors wanting to get a job at one. Can anyone help me remember?!!"

I think you might mean FULL SERVICE by Scotty Bower?

I Want a Revival of ONCE UPON A MATTRESS  May 3 2020, 05:13:10 AM
It’s a sweet show and I have a real soft spot (Very Soft Shoes is hideous though) for it but I agree with what’s been said above, it’s not going to get a commercial revival without a huge star.

She’s not the huge star a revival would need but if Kate McKinnon can sing, she would be perfect as Fred

If there ever was an all-Black production of A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC...  Apr 30 2020, 04:58:56 AM

AEA AGMA SM said: "BCfitasafiddle said: "DMsquared2 said: "Leslie Uggams as Madam Armfeldt! Yes! Love it!"

She'd bring so much LIFE to it. I can hear it now and I want it! Haha!
"

She's already played Desiree, so it's not too much of a stretch for her to play Madame Armfeldt

Loooooove me some Leslie but she should’ve set that costume on fire.

"

Patti LuPone will be on WWHL At Home tonight  Apr 28 2020, 08:20:04 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "This was taped on Friday, I believe. The show is now filmed early afternoons and isn’t done live due to video conference glitches. "

It’s called Watch What Happens Live. The poster was referring to that, as many of these from now shows are indeed still recorded live.

LaChiusa's Wild Party 20 Years Later  Apr 14 2020, 07:04:19 AM

bk said: "I was sitting next to Fred Ebb. At the end he turned to me and said, "You're not going to record this, are you?" I assured him I was not. Just not my cup of tea, I'm afraid and I don't like the Lippa either."

The eye emoji unfortunately doesn’t work on here.

There is a decent show in there somewhere?  Apr 9 2020, 05:32:04 PM

Plannietink08 said: "Legally Blonde wasn’t downsized for the UK. It was the same production."

It was. The cast was reduced for one.

The big retool, that was cited as making it work better was that they focused more on Elle as a comic lead, than a belter who can do a bit of comedy. The show has always been an old fashioned musical comedy, at heart. Allowing Sheridan Smith to make Elle more in the mould of a Judy Holliday big warm hearted personality type,

BroadwayHD adds the stage production of "FAME the Musical" this week  Apr 4 2020, 07:29:10 AM
People aren’t suffering enough already?

Mar 25 2020, 07:28:49 AM

Jarethan said: "I have to admit that I never loved this song. It was great in setting up thecharacter, but I did not particularly love listening to it every time I played the album, which was about a thousand times between 1964 and 1966. I also got tired of It Only Takes a Moment, I have to admit.

Sacrilege, I guess, but I preferred Streisand's Just Leave Everything to Me. I don't think Channing could have sung that song, and I don't think that Streisand would

Use of Microphones on Broadway  Mar 25 2020, 07:23:35 AM

There's also another problem with miking that I noticed when I saw Lord of the Flies at the Open Air Theatre in Regent's Park a few weeks ago. The noise of the wind in the trees would have made projection very difficult, so they were wise to amplify the voices, but I was sitting about twelve rows back and when there were lots of people on stage it often took a moment to figure out who was talking!"

Wind would certainly be an issue but even if you could so

"I Put My Hand In" from HELLO, DOLLY!  Mar 22 2020, 04:47:23 PM
Does anyone have the alternate lyrics, about the woman who Dolly fits with a corset?

There’s a really funny bit about her measurements after Dolly has finished. I used to have them somewhere but I can’t find them.

Songs about learning (school)  Feb 28 2020, 03:52:39 AM
I Can’t Do The Sum (Babes in Toyland)

Rules Regulation & Respect (Zombie Prom)

re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?  Jan 19 2020, 04:24:45 AM

BWAY Baby2 said: "Jack O'Connell - gorgeous- and Sienna Miller in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof in London- Indiscretions had a young Jude Law, Patricia Clarkson in Elephant Man- all of these nude scenes were not essential in any way- all could have been clothed and it would have not made any difference in the production. I find most nudity to be purely commercially motivated. Pointless and cynical way to sell tickets."

if it sells tickets it isn’t pointless 

Wicked-Wizard of Oz Comparison Help  Jan 14 2020, 06:02:16 AM

TotallyEffed said: "Glinda, like Billie Burke in the movie, is strawberry blonde in the novel that Wicked is loosely based upon. Megan Hilty’s wig had a bit more red in it and I liked that.

In The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, the original book, Glinda is the witch of South, not the North. The Oz canon is over a hundred years old and isn’t know for being consistent in the many retellings and spinoffs.

I remember Schwartz saying that he used Mrs. Gulch&rsqu

Collaborators who didn't get along  Jan 9 2020, 04:12:45 AM

devonian.t said: "Gillian Lynne never really forgave Hal Prince for butchering her amazing ballet in the Maquerade sequence, opening Act 2 of 'Phantom'."

Disappointment that a sequence was cut is very different from not getting on. There was an enormous amount of respect and admiration for him on her part.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.