Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for MadonnaMusical

MadonnaMusical Profile Photo
Member Name: MadonnaMusical
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: LOVER OF THEATRE!!!!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

George Salazar Calls Out Tony Awards on Twitter  Jun 30 2020, 05:26:45 PM

Alex Kulak2 said: "https://twitter.com/georgesalazar/status/1276987524368359424

"Ok... Remember when they said there wouldn’t be time in the telecast for me to perform “Michael in the Bathroom,” but then they did a three and a half minute parody of it with four white people? I do."

I was mad when the telecast didn't letBe More Chillperform but inst

If there ever was an all-Black production of A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC...  Apr 30 2020, 10:51:35 AM

DMsquared2 said: "Been pondering this for a while...A production of A Little Night Musicwith an all-Black cast.

Desiree Armfeldt //// Audra McDonald (obviously)
Fredrik Egerman //// Brian Stokes Mitchell
Ann Egerman //// Nikki M. James
Henrik Egerman //// Jelani Alladin
Petra //// Rashidra Scott
Fredrika Armfeldt //// ?
Madame

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 21 2020, 06:30:02 PM

THIS SUNDAY at 8pm. 

Got it!

Pulitzer Prize Predictions  Apr 21 2020, 06:28:33 PM

JBroadway said: "@MadonnaMusical

I enjoyed Halfway Bitches, but wasn't head over heels for it. I certainly wouldn'tpegit as the next great play of the 21st century. Having said that, I think you're right to point out that it has become a more and more viable option for the Pulitzer. It ticks all the boxes, and it got a lot of love from both the Drama Desks and the Lortelawards, and that will probably turn some of the heads of the Pulitzer committee. It's po

Pulitzer Prize Predictions  Apr 21 2020, 06:15:56 PM

Ah Crap. Now I'm mad I missed "Ain't no more"

Broadway Stars With COVID-19/Coronavirus  Apr 21 2020, 06:09:58 PM

Damn. Wasn't nick at the Atlantic Gala too? That is absolutely terrible. But reinforces why it's important that we not hold theatre events for a while. 

Map of Broadway Theaters  Apr 21 2020, 06:07:37 PM

Love that site. Needs to be updated though with the Hudson Theatre. :)

Pulitzer Prize Predictions  Apr 21 2020, 06:04:39 PM

Don't forget HALFWAY BITCHES GO STRAIGHT TO HEAVEN came out of nowhere at the end of the year and blew everyone away. (read the reviews if you missed it. It's a masterpiece that rivals Ruined and Death of a Salesman)

I also wouldn't be surprised if OCTET won the pulitzer for music instead of Drama considering the groundbreaking style of a chorale musical. If it did, it would be the first musical to win a pulitzer for music since Menotti's Broadway Operetta "The

What should I watch in isolation?  Apr 17 2020, 07:02:30 AM

Wick3 said: "The documentary "Best worst thing that ever could have happened" is on Netflix. It's about the original Broadway production of Merrily We Roll Along."

OMIGOD. Thank you for letting us know!

Kelli O'Hara in Così fan tutte is streaming today for 24 hours  Apr 17 2020, 07:01:44 AM

Fan123 said: "The recording of Kelli in'The Merry Widow' (along with Renee Fleming and Nathan Gunn) is alsobeing streamed, on Thursday 23 April."

Yasss! Thanks for the update! I missed this production! 

Legally Blonde: Search for Elle Woods Reunion on YouTube Live w/ Bernie Telsey and the entire cast  Apr 14 2020, 11:06:03 AM
Thanks for sharing! I am watching anything I can get my hands on these days.

Glenn Close wants to start 'Sunset' movie by the end of this year  Apr 14 2020, 11:05:03 AM
Maybe they’ll film it on an iPhone? lol

Could this be the end of live theater, period?  Apr 14 2020, 11:04:01 AM
Doubtful, if anything, once there is a vaccine people will be rushing to do public things again. I envision a boom in theatre as people want to do anything but go home.

LaChiusa's Wild Party 20 Years Later  Apr 14 2020, 11:02:25 AM
Just 20? Wow. Seems like longer.

Kelli O'Hara in Così fan tutte is streaming today for 24 hours  Apr 14 2020, 11:01:46 AM
Kelli sounded remarkable and brought some great acting to the met stage! Brava!!!!! I hope more “Broadway Singers” of the next generation will endeavor to sing opera as well.

Songwriter, Adam Schlesinger passes away of COVID  Apr 2 2020, 09:52:08 PM

Both he and Terrence McNally were at the Atlantic Theatre Gala a couple weeks back. Who else was there and are they okay? 

NY Times: Who Says You Can’t Give Tony Awards in an Abbreviated Season?  Apr 1 2020, 11:34:08 AM
They should definitely have Tony’s in some capacity.

Sanctuary City NYTW  Mar 9 2020, 11:57:41 PM
First half is great!

However.... the story telling technique has no pay off which was disappointing. I also feel like she wrote the first half and then was stuck for years, not knowing where the play would go... then the second half... (which needs an intermission) was very disappointing and unrealistic. The [spoiler] relationship was unrealistic...

Also the title was a waste of a great title.

This was a miss for me.

“The Nanny” Musical  Jan 8 2020, 11:50:03 PM

Lot666 said: "IdinaBellFoster said: "The role does seem almost impossible to cast."

I have to agree. I loved the sitcom, but the character was so intrinsically Fran Drescher that I can't see how the concept could be reproduced without her.

"

Disagree... almost everyone has a “nanny” impression in them. I would like to see Rachel Bloom Star. 

FUN HOME Film Adaptation  Jan 6 2020, 08:36:20 AM
I came here to say that I hope the film is partly animated

You must log in to view off-topic posts.