Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for ahhrealmonsters

Member Name: ahhrealmonsters
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Miscast  Aug 12 2020, 07:58:44 PM

2 looks like Gloria Estefan (On Your Feet) to me.

Songs About Loss  Aug 3 2020, 01:59:36 PM

Sorry to revive a 6 year-old thread, but I've been thinking about this a lot with COVID and the upcoming Jewish High Holidays, where we remember those we have lost. I'd love to hear more of your ideas for songs about loss - of life, of jobs, of normalcy, of health. Thanks in advance.

Wishful Thinking- What Role Do You Want Audra To Play?  Aug 3 2020, 07:29:47 AM

I'd love to see her play Helen in an all Black production of Fun Home with Cynthia Erivo as Alison that's never going to happen - I'd be happy with her singing "Days and Days" in concert, though.

Poll: Which play has used Zoom best?  Aug 3 2020, 07:20:23 AM

I propose Significant Other. I thought it was extremely well executed and proves that the play would work terrifically as a movie. I see it as an indie or Netflix/Hulu original type.

Selling Playbills for Donations to The Okra Project  Jul 17 2020, 03:47:04 PM

Added almost 100 more! In a new tab. Everyone should be able to view the google sheet. @unwoundfantasies - emailing you back now!

Selling Playbills for Donations to The Okra Project  Jul 16 2020, 11:39:17 PM

Missing theatre? I'm selling Playbills! Some are signed, some are rare (I've got a DEH Off-Broadway and a bunch of Fun Home Off-Broadway). All proceeds (after shipping costs) will be donated to The Okra Project. Please take a look, share widely, and contact me at the email listed in the "contact info" tab. I have spent the past 2 hours going through most of what's in my apartment - I have about 100 more to sort

The Official TDF Thread  Feb 12 2020, 10:42:17 PM

Melissa25 said: "ahhrealmonsters:Has Unsinkable Molly Brown been on TDF recently (since starting previews)?

it is up now for Tuesday 2/18 and Thursday 2/20.
"

Thank you!!! I grabbed a pair.

The Official TDF Thread  Feb 12 2020, 04:43:54 PM

It's still down for me after an hour or so. Has Unsinkable Molly Brown been on TDF recently (since starting previews)?

Best restaurant for your birthday before a show?  Jan 28 2020, 04:17:55 PM

Wick3 said: "A few weeks ago I ate at La Masseria before watching Hadestown and loved it as well!"

Seconding La Masseria. Their gnocchi in particular is delicious. Try not to fill up on the breadsticks, which are made with magic pixie dust.

Favorite cast album for a show you have never seen?  Oct 29 2019, 01:58:24 PM

Six. I can't stop listening to it. I plan on seeing the show when it comes to Broadway next year, but until then, it's at the top of my list.

Karen Olivo Out Of Moulin Rouge Sat Night - No Audience Notice  Oct 6 2019, 07:59:38 PM

GreasedLightning said: "I believe the rule, and correct me if I’m wrong, is that the audience must be notified one of three ways: a Playbill insert, an announcement or the understudy board in the lobby of a theater. Whether they do one, two or all three is up to the production but I believe not all three are necessary.

In this case, I assume it was listed on the digital understudy board in the lobby/box office of the Hirschfeld, which can be easy to miss in the hustl

The Official TDF Thread  Oct 1 2019, 08:29:47 PM

soulgrrl said: "Come From Away is on TDF now as well. Had been hoping to see it for awhile and the night it's finally available is when we're going to see Hadestown . Hopefully it will be back this week or soon."

I've seen Come From Away pop up once a week or so. Has anyone done TDF for CFA recently? Where have the seats been? Last time I saw it (over a yea

Fired Color Purple actress sues for religious discrimination  Sep 30 2019, 09:59:01 PM

DMsquared2 said: "As a queer person of faith it saddens me that the loudest voices are those that turnpeople away from the church. Not all Christians are anti-gay––and really, none should be. If your faith causes you to be super judgmentalandcomes from a place of us vs. them and hatred instead of a place of compassion and love, then you're doing it wrong.

Religion isn't the problem:religious extremismand fundamentalismis.

I obviously

Pik a Tkt Exchange  Sep 22 2019, 06:57:20 PM

Semi-related question. I've always been curious...the people who win dozens of pairs of tickets...how much money do they spend? Are they just that lucky.and win 24 times on 24 tries, or do they spend hundreds and hundreds (or thousands?)? I spent $40 for 48 tickets and only won once. I'm not judging - I know it's all for charity. I'm just curious, and when I've politely posed the question to them directly, I've never gotten an answer.

COMMUNTIY REMINDER: There have been articles written about the sexual misconduct of Ben Vereen and William Ivey Long  Sep 4 2019, 02:35:55 PM

I believe women. There are many men in the theatre industry (I can think of a few names off the top of my head) who are known in the community for having sexually assaulted & raped women. No one has come out with allegations against them, and it's a shame that they will continue to work in this industry. It's all super hush hush. I'm not naming any names, although I do expect this post to be deleted anyway. It really sucks that these predators are still working, and the delete

Aug 4 2019, 08:15:34 PM

Jenn Colella is Elizabeth in If/Then. It happened once, and I'm still upset I wasn't there. There was an audio of "Always Starting Over" somewhere online, but it must have been taken down, as I can't find it.

Ethan Slater EP Release Concert in NYC  Jul 1 2019, 02:46:51 PM

Join the JCC for a rooftop concert celebrating the release of Broadway performer Ethan Slater's EP, Wanderer. Ethan is a Tony Award-nominated actor best known for his performance in SpongeBob Squarepants. The concert will be performed with a band of musical collaborators and is informed by Slater's influences, from Broadway to Simon and Garfunkel to LCD Soundsystem and more. A chance to see your favorite Broadway star in a new way.

Thursday, July 11, 8 p

Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates  May 31 2019, 02:59:25 PM
Went this morning- got there around 5:30 am. There were about 8 people in front of me, including 2 people in a tent who had camped out since midnight. By 10 am, there were over 30 people. The box office only sold 6 tickets (I overheard that they were all singles, meaning pairs didn’t get to sit together). So 3 people walked away with tickets. It looks like you have to get there by 2 am for tickets - eek! There were no SRO tickets being sold at 10 am, by the way.

Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare in the Park)  May 22 2019, 06:44:24 PM

Saw it last night - it's long. The first act was 2 hours, and the whole thing ended after 11 (the second act was about 45 minutes). I saw Much Ado with Lily Rabe & Hamish Linklater ~5 years ago at the Delacorte, and the pacing was a lot better in that production. Granted this was the first preview, but I don't think they can do that much restructuring.

Musicals most people hated, but you liked  May 20 2019, 04:13:53 PM

Shrek, hands down. I heard/read somewhere recently that Jeanine Tesori & David Lindsay-Abaire are working on a new project together...I can't wait!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.