Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for VernonGersch

VernonGersch Profile Photo
Member Name: VernonGersch
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway and the Coronavirus  Mar 8 2020, 07:27:04 PM

Pleased to report to those off us not in easy access of The Tri-State Area, Telecharge, BAM, Audience Rewards and ATG (finally) have all refunded tickets due to covid-19.  Since there are many of us that had planned trips to NYC that got cancelled.

New Yorkers - if you are comfortable now would be a great time to support Broadway and Off-Broadway and buy tickets, full priced kind, and support the Theater since so many of us can't make it to the City right now. 

The Lehman Trilogy Previews Thread  Mar 8 2020, 07:20:10 PM

Any word if the Broadway cast plans to travel with the show to LA? It is scheduled to play The Ahmanson in October

Broadway and the Coronavirus  Mar 7 2020, 05:03:17 PM

ATG is the absolute worst.  They won't refund any tickets for people who can't fly into town.  I just lost 1K because the WORST BOX OFFICE on Broadway won't refund my money.   

I know PLAZA SUITE has a healthy advance but <<edited by BWW staff>>.  JBH - I hope you read this and know that ATG is the absolute worst.   I will never buy another ticket at Hudson Theater ever again.  I am out 1K because of <<ed

James McAvoy CYRANO DE BERGERAC to play BAM  Mar 6 2020, 10:22:21 PM

The actor who played Chrisatain is Hot AF.

Brilliant play, excellent acting, totally entertaining and quite possibly one of the best things I've seen on stage

I was very daunted by seeing such a classic like this but it's modern, its innovative, funny and often quite moving. 

Mar 6 2020, 10:15:20 PM

THE LAST SHIP - STING  Jan 18 2020, 03:37:56 PM

what's the good word on this revised show that is now starring STING in LA?

London shows  Jan 12 2020, 12:50:51 AM

Just got back from London and saw some truly innovative brilliant productions.  CYRANO is a must see.  NYT just gave it a rave review a few days ago.  Rap, spoken word, direct to audience led by an emotional tour de force that is James McAvoy. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/08/theater/cyrano-london-review.html

I also highly recommend 

Fairview

& Juliet

Worst Broadway Show of the Decade?  Dec 22 2019, 03:23:39 PM

it wasn't on Broadway but...the Diana DeGarmo/Ace Young production of JOSEPH & THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAST was truly the worst thing I have ever seen.  

Worst Broadway Show of the Decade?  Dec 22 2019, 03:10:39 PM

I ain't clicking on a random link - for those that have - what are the other shows mentioned?

Dec 22 2019, 03:09:32 PM

London - Christmas  Dec 18 2019, 09:54:56 AM

super helpful folks - The Boyfriend it is.  Those reviews for The Ocean are so glowing but to hear that you were unimpressed and bored have me scratching my head on what to do...

London - Christmas  Dec 18 2019, 04:35:06 AM

getting a lot in and made some additions:

Fairview

Cyrano

Teenage Dick

Six

Tina

Ocean At The End Of The Lane - those reviews had me stop what I was ding to luckily have scored a ticket

& Julliet

and now - debating between The Boyfriend OR Noises Off! (which I have never seen)

& Juliet  Dec 18 2019, 04:30:59 AM

can't wait for this show in a week - sounds like the perfect good time at the theatre post Christmas

Anything new on Almost Famous...  Dec 12 2019, 10:34:00 AM

I really hopes this transfers.  I loved it.

Charles McNulty named it one of his Top Ten shows of the yearhttps://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2019-12-11/2019-best-theater-almost-famous-jitney-ragtime-hadestown

"Cats" movie gets a thumbs down from "The View"  Dec 3 2019, 09:57:21 PM

They knew that they wouldn't be getting ANY of the Cats cast because its ABC affiliated and decided to crap all over it/

Never saw the show - and don't think it would be for me - I'm allergic to Cats.  

& Juliet  Dec 3 2019, 09:29:49 AM

I saw JAMIE and loved it when I caught it in London a few years ago right when it opened.  Happy to report in after I see & JULLIET at the end of the month if you don't mind waiting. 

& Juliet  Dec 2 2019, 08:23:08 PM

Jordan - just got a ticket thanks to you.  seeing it after Christmas 

The Inheritance or Slave Play?  Dec 2 2019, 08:21:40 PM

saw both last week (including part 2)  and highly recommend each production. 

feeling incredibly fortunate to have had the chance to see both The Inheritance and Slave Play

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/1/19  Dec 2 2019, 08:18:35 PM

it breaks my heart that The Inheritance isn't performing strongly - even during the Holiday - where I'd imagine there were a ton of folks in NYC from out of town.  I will say that when I saw it a few weeks ago, it looked sold out

Your Top 10 Shows This Decade  Nov 27 2019, 04:21:39 PM

in no particular order

The Inheritance

Follies (National Theatre)

Spring Awakening (Deaf West LA)

Hamilton

Jagged Little Pill ( ART)

Moulin Rouge! (Boston)

The Glass Menagerie (Broadway)

Slave Play

The Ferryman

Hello Dolly (Bette)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.