Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for RaisedOnMusicals

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
Member Name: RaisedOnMusicals
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I have been going to Broadway shows since I was four years old. Two of my most memorable moments was meeting and speaking with President Clinton (while he was still POTUS) at "Chicago" during the summer of 1999, and seeing the final performance that Yul Brynner ever gave as the King (it was a Sunday night benefit performance the night that revival closed.) The cast gathered and sang Auld Lang Sygne, and there was not a dry eye in the house.

Favorite musicals: Les Mis, A Little Night Music, Gypsy, Fiorello, Sunset Blvd., South Pacific, Carousel, The King and I, A Chorus Line, 1776, Miss Saigon, and others I can't even think of this minute.

Favorite plays: August:Osage County, Night Mother, Amadeus, Equs, and many more.

Favorite performers: Bernadette, Nathan, Betty B., Kellie O'Hara, Kristin, Jerry Orbach (RIP), Audra.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Revised version of “On the Street Where You Live”  May 1 2020, 11:36:29 PM

https://youtu.be/tlT-HvgYf-4

Revised version of “On the Street Where You Live”  Apr 30 2020, 06:17:10 PM

Apparently, to see it you need to scroll down to the video of the woman in a baseball cap. 

Revised version of “On the Street Where You Live”  Apr 30 2020, 06:13:01 PM

I saw this on the Facebook timeline of a friend. I thought it was pretty cute. 

https://www.facebook.com/julie.mccormick.1466

Best Songs of the Decade  Dec 31 2019, 05:10:27 PM

Many of mine have already been mentioned and I was glad to see Go Back Home and It All Fades Away appear. . And it's interesting that three songs from DEH have been mentioned so far, and while I agree that they're all great songs, the one from the show I'd probably put on my list would be So Big, So Small, just for its sheer emotional power. (And the show's anthem, You Will Be Found, is not even on anyone's list as yet unless I missed it.)

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/8/19  Dec 10 2019, 11:18:05 AM

Huge week for Ain't Too Proud, which broke the weekly record at the Imperial by grossing over $1.7 million. And this in a week that was mostly down compared to the previous week. 

Jordan Fisher—DEH  Dec 3 2019, 11:31:39 AM

magictodo123 said:

"While its super exciting that a person of color will be in the title role, I cant help but think...is this the beginning of stunt casting for the show?"

What a joke. Stunt casting is defined as: " a term in casting that refers to the use of a gimmick or publicity stunt to fill a role in a television series, film or theatre production.

Jordan Fisher, while perhaps known to some peopl

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/1/19  Dec 2 2019, 05:10:34 PM

For the past 3 or 4 weeks, whenever I try to view the grosses, I only see the first show in the list (A Christmas Carol for now). Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Bootleg  Oct 4 2019, 12:56:01 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "People who think watching/recording bootlegs is the equivalent to stealing money, are the same people who watch Les Miserables thinking Javert is the good guy."

There are many things other than money that can be stolen, like intellectual property for example. (Let's define it as the taking of anything of value without the consent of the owner.).

I know this thread is meant to be civil, so I'll say is that after reading this post, I

Experiment  Oct 3 2019, 02:30:10 PM

ellbellthomps said:  Some people do want bootlegs, 

Some people also want heroin.

Experiment  Oct 3 2019, 01:01:05 PM

yankeefan7 said: "Very simply, making a bootleg is stealing. A show gets created and to view that show you should pay for it. There are ways of getting cheaper tickets to Broadway shows (rush tickets and TKTS) for people on a budget and if you can't travel to NYC, there are regional tours across the country. Just because you may not have the financial means to see a show does not mean it is ok to steal money from the creators of the show. Like you said, there are plenty of other

Not Broadway Grosses  Sep 1 2019, 03:25:25 PM

BroadwayRox3588 said: "HogansHero said: "So I will just warn folks not to believe everything they read."

Would that include your posts/corrections? Just wondering.
"

I don't know about you, but when Hogan posts anything to do with the finances of shows, etc. I tend to believe him. As far as I can tell, he knows considerably more about that stuff than anyone who posts here, and by a very wide margin. Having read many, many of

Dear Evan Hansen going to West End!  Aug 25 2019, 06:45:31 PM

DEH is set in the US. Do British shows set in the UK change the setting to the US when they transfer here? Didn’t think so. If West End audiences can’t see and support great musicals set in the US and not reset in Britain, fewer and fewer shows will transfer there and it will be their loss. 

Personally, I think DEH will be a big hit in London (Toronto notwithstanding) but I might well be wrong. It wouldn’t be the first time. (It would be interesting to know how t

Was Evan Hansen punished enough for his sin?  Aug 12 2019, 01:42:42 PM

Bigserver1 said: "Not that thestoryline is perfect by any means, but anyone who gets to "Words Fail" and then "So Big/So Small" and still doesn't think Evan suffers enough internallyfor his actions is missing something."

Agree 100%. Both songs make me cry each time I hear them. 

Was Evan Hansen punished enough for his sin?  Aug 12 2019, 01:14:02 PM

Here's Peter Marks' answer to that question from his column In the Washington Post last week. DEH is now at The Kennedy Center.:

:"That Evan does everything wrong — particularly, in the repulsive invention of a history with a dead student that increases his visibility and popularity at school — does not disqualify him as a winning character. Some observers argue that Levenson, Pasek and Paul have not adequately punished Evan for his transgressions. But on close

Possible to see Evan matinee and 6 p.m. Fiddler?  Jul 22 2019, 03:39:30 PM

TheGingerBreadMan said: "RaisedOnMusicals said:

You should male every effort. What a day of theater you'll have! Two great shows. And I think you can make it easy. DEH will be over around 4;50 PM if not a bit earlier, so you should have no problem making it to Fiddler by 6, and you can even buy a hot dog and a pretzel on the way. Or a gyro.

DEH starts at 3 pm. It definitely won’t be over by 4:50.
"

RIGHT! I missed the Sunday ma

Possible to see Evan matinee and 6 p.m. Fiddler?  Jul 22 2019, 03:24:34 PM

Balcony Bill said: "Ok..Thanks for the feedback..Maybe I wont risk trying to race through those crowds!"

You should male every effort. What a day of theater you'll have! Two great shows. And I think you can make it easy. DEH will be over around 4;50 PM if not a bit earlier, so you should have no problem making it to Fiddler by 6, and you can even buy a hot dog and a pretzel on the way. Or a gyro.

FIDDLER - Lean and Mean?  Jul 19 2019, 08:14:11 AM

Anshel2 said: "This production is everything the Sher production should've been and wasn't. I saw this downtown and then again uptown and I was devastated from Do You Love Me until the very end. Skybell is giving a definitive performance as Teyve and had he been eligible, would've walked away hands down with the Tony for Best Actor."

I agree 100 percent with every word of this post. And I’d add that the Yiddish gave the show an authenticity rar

Dear Evan Hansen & Michelle Carter  Jul 10 2019, 01:26:20 PM
Given that the show seems to be doing extremely well on the US tour ( and in NY, obviously) I think your theory is completely implausible. What you describe as the “ick factor “ is more, I think, a book which clearly centers around an intended moral ambiguity. It’s nothing new. Toronto is likely a one off.

Is it rude to give a standing ovation when no one else is?  Jun 24 2019, 05:07:23 PM

TheQuibbler said: "After Eight said: "In the old days, applause alone sufficed. It would suffice equally today."

Yes, because the first documented standing ovation wasn’t until 2013. Such a new phenomena!
"

It's hard to tell whether the above was sarcastic, but standing ovations have been around since the time of Ancient Rome, and they became associated with the theater in the 17th century. <<edited by BWW staff>

Love  Jun 22 2019, 04:17:08 PM

msmp said: "RaisedOnMusicals said: "Charley Kringas Inc said: "Is there a cast recording?

I PM'd you with some additional info I was able to find out.
"

Mind sending it along to me as well? I've tried to ask them on twitter but the only response I got was "keep checking back!"
"

According to someone who knows, the CD will drop on August 23 and the digital download will become available sometime be

You must log in to view off-topic posts.