Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for castlestreet

castlestreet Profile Photo
Member Name: castlestreet
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

"Howard" on Disney Plus  Aug 7 2020, 07:39:59 PM
This was a wonderful reminder of what an immense talent he was. You’ll need tissues at the end even though you know what’s coming - and can’t help thinking what might have been...

LES MISERABLES: THE 2019 STAGED CONCERT Released Digitally Today  Aug 5 2020, 12:34:31 PM
I was really pleasantly surprised by this. I found the more intimate staging to be very effective for this concert!

Michael Riedel's next book –– "Singular Sensation: The Triumph of Broadway" –– out November 2020  Jul 23 2020, 07:54:21 PM
Are you kidding me?
Brantley is feared?
Tell that to Wicked...

In the age of the internet and social media, legitimate critics are no where near as powerful as they were in the age of the true Butcher of Broadway, Frank Rich....

Footlight Records issues  Jul 17 2020, 10:59:03 AM
Obviously theyve never been the same since they shut down their physical location, and their website has been mostly irrelevant in recent years. I searched online a while back to see if I could find a vinyl copy of Jeeves by ALW-I wanted the 70s flop version. Low and behold, Footlight came up as having a CDR copy of the album. I ordered it and it only took a few days to get here (Upstate NY).

The CD has one more track than the track listing and none of the songs are in order-I found

Footlight Records issues  Jul 17 2020, 10:59:03 AM
Obviously theyve never been the same since they shut down their physical location, and their website has been mostly irrelevant in recent years. I searched online a while back to see if I could find a vinyl copy of Jeeves by ALW-I wanted the 70s flop version. Low and behold, Footlight came up as having a CDR copy of the album. I ordered it and it only took a few days to get here (Upstate NY).

The CD has one more track than the track listing and none of the songs are in order-I found

Greatest Theatrical Comedy Performances You Have Seen  Jul 17 2020, 10:49:54 AM
The original Broadway cast of Gods of Carnage. That foursome had perhaps the greatest timing and chemistry I’ve ever seen on stage. I’ve never laughed so hard in the legitimate theater in my life as I did that night.

Did Kevin Anderson get fired from Sunset Blvd with Patti Lupone?  Jul 13 2020, 02:53:46 PM
I’ve always loved the passionate debate amongst theater folk about this show and Glenn vs Patti vs Betty and so on. It’s like sports fans debating who would have won Ali vs Tyson.

The LA production benefited from a lot of tightening by the creatives-the orchestrations, lighting, changes to the score and the overall mood of the show was given a more fitting film noir quality that the original London production missed on. I’ve always said that for people like me who much prefer the LA r

RIP Nick Cordero  Jul 5 2020, 09:26:15 PM
To all who knew and loved him and have endured these 90 days of uncertainty my heart absolutely breaks for you tonight. To his dear wife Amanda and son, the Broadway community will hold you in our hearts...RIP

Happy Birthday Betty Buckley!  Jul 3 2020, 12:07:33 PM
The four track Sunset Blvd EP and both the London and Carnegie Hall concert albums are a gift! I’ve seen her many times and that voice literally can take you places-Happy Birthday Betty Lynn!!!

The Moment You Became A BWAY Fan  Jun 14 2020, 11:09:07 PM
I had already seen a few touring productions and community theater productions when I saw Phantom of the opera in Toronto for the first time. It was my eighth grade field trip and it was perfect from start to finish. We got to participate in the master class that used to be offered by Livent before the show. After that we got to eat and shop in the Eaton center followed by a matinee performance. I couldn’t stop talking about the show for weeks and weeks and I know that the people around me proba

Musicals that were announced but never materialised.  May 24 2020, 08:47:24 PM
Mary Chapin Carpenter announced once upon a time that she was writing the score to a musical version of the classic Shane!

This friday ALW will stream the Broadway version of BY JEEVES  May 4 2020, 09:42:33 AM
Does anyone else remember ALW serving tea outside of the theater in an attempt to sell more tickets?

This friday ALW will stream the Broadway version of BY JEEVES  May 4 2020, 08:48:41 AM
The original version was Jeeves back in the 1970’s and was done in between JCS and Evita. It played Her Majesty’s Theater and was a huge flop. The show closed after only 38 performances. The original cast recording is only available on album.

In 1995/1996 he revived the show as By Jeeves, and changed most of the book and at least half of the score. The show faired much better and played Broadway in 2001. It did not do well on Broadway at all.

I find the score to be delight

Glenn Close wants to start 'Sunset' movie by the end of this year  May 1 2020, 04:45:21 PM
Anyone who thinks LuPone will star in a Sunset Blvd movie is delusional-sorry but Trump will admit to all of his lies and they’ll be ice skating in hell before this happens.

What Character in a Musical Most Resembles Trump?  Apr 28 2020, 03:57:01 PM
This guy is just too good!

https://youtu.be/aAAoR8vQCv8

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 27 2020, 01:10:08 PM
That Judy Kuhn really can break your heart through song - so glad she was included in this.

Andrew Llyod Webber tribute to stream this Friday  Apr 27 2020, 01:07:52 PM

This was also the concert that we got the first incarnation of a Phantom sequel-The Heart Is Slow To Learn from Phantom 2. The tune was later recycled in The Beautiful Game, and then again with Love Never Dies.

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 26 2020, 08:52:53 PM
Well this is going well

What Character in a Musical Most Resembles Trump?  Apr 23 2020, 03:46:48 PM
The child snatcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

1996 interview - Betty Buckley talks how she got 'Sunset Boulevard'  Apr 23 2020, 12:57:03 PM
Buckley certainly has a reputation, which is a shame. When you stop to think she hasn’t been on Broadway since Triumph of Love it really gets you to thinking. Aside from those who loved Eight Is Enough and vaguely remember her from Carrie, she isn’t very well known outside of the theater world. My non-theater family and friends know who Patti or Bernadette are, but when I would be getting ready to go see Buckley in concert I’d get a lot of “who is she?” from people when I was telling them abou

You must log in to view off-topic posts.