Profile for NOLAguy

Member Name: NOLAguy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Stephanie J. Block twitter tiff  May 22 2020, 07:33:11 PM

Whoever she is, created a new twitter handle(private account) called sjblocked.  Added it out of curiosity.  This girl is like Stan level to the point that it reminds me of the old spongebob stan/stalker fiasco. 

Broadway to Close?  Mar 11 2020, 10:16:57 PM

MCW1227 said: "I work with nurses who say this strain is new but corona has been around for a long time. Apparently this one bypasses the upper respiratory system and goes to the lungs which is why anyone with preexisting breathing issues are the most serious cases. If you’re young and healthy it will probably not have a serious affect onyou but it’s important that we listen to health professionals and stay home when possible. Good health to all!!"

Corona

2020-2021 Touring Season  Mar 5 2020, 11:26:38 AM

New Orleans

Aint Too Proud-Sep 15-20

Moulin Rouge- Nov 21-Dec 12

Tootsie-Dec 29-Jan 3

My Fair Lady-Jan 19-24

Cats-Mar 3-7

Hamilton-dates not listed

Hadestown-May 11-16

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Feb 24 2020, 06:36:25 PM

NOLAguy said: "BWW posted photos for the new cast and lists, and has photos, of Kara Lindsay as Galinda. So it looks like she is filling in for a bit "

But now that I look at the photos, most of the Galinda ones are not Kara? Maybe it was a typo and they put the wrong actress’ name as Galinda? 

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Feb 24 2020, 06:34:23 PM
BWW posted photos for the new cast and lists, and has photos, of Kara Lindsay as Galinda. So it looks like she is filling in for a bit

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Feb 12 2020, 12:43:55 AM

wicked4l said: "The new Elphaba will be making her Broadway debut and is brand new to the show. You may have seen her on a reality show years back. "

Ooo very intrigued. Watch some reality tv but usually don’t remember specific people. But glad for new Elphies 

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Feb 12 2020, 12:10:13 AM

wicked4l said: "MadisonGuy said: "We are hoping to visit New York at the end of Marchand see Wicked. Our goal is to see it before Ginna Claire Mason departs. She took over the role on April 9th of 2019, so I'm hoping she does at least a year. Does anyone have any insight into her contract? It looks as if Glindas last in the role longer than do Elphabas, so I am hoping she does a year or more. The other possibility is coming in early June, which puts Ginna Claire right at

2020-2021 Touring Season  Jan 31 2020, 07:10:02 PM

MTH85 said: "NOLAguy said: "Anyone know when New Orleans may be announcing? We already have Hadestown, the previews ofMoulin Rouge, and the return of Hamilton previously announced."

I have New Orleans down as announcing on Thursday, March 5.Considering they usually announce in January, this is fairly late for them.
"

Thanks! That’s what I was thinking as well, usually we get an early announcement. 

2020-2021 Touring Season  Jan 31 2020, 05:48:05 PM

Anyone know when New Orleans may be announcing? We already have Hadestown, the previews of Moulin Rouge, and the return of Hamilton previously announced. 

Jessica Lange - next Broadway role?  Jan 3 2020, 08:13:06 PM

SweetLips22 said: "NOLAguy said: "Have it from good authority she is the next Elphaba and will be the film Elphaba as well"

Sorry--but you're an idiot---just saying.
"

Obviously sarcasm, sweetlips 

Jessica Lange - next Broadway role?  Jan 3 2020, 06:52:56 PM
Have it from good authority she is the next Elphaba and will be the film Elphaba as well

What BOOK turned MUSICAL would you like to see?  Dec 2 2019, 10:09:54 PM
The Night Circus for sure. Would be such a beautiful stage production.

Tootsie Is Closing  Nov 11 2019, 10:08:59 PM
Really don’t know how to feel about this. I really disliked the show, don’t want anyone to lose their jobs, but interested to see what will take its spot. But agree with the marquis theater opinions

Broadway’s “Memphis” 10 Years Later...  Oct 22 2019, 09:03:15 PM
May be because it was the first show I saw ON broadway but I really like Memphis. But I saw American Idiot as well and do think AI was a stronger more emotional show and should have won at least over Memphis

WICKED tour performances cancelled in New Orleans following collapse of building next door  Oct 21 2019, 12:47:19 PM

QueenTwinnied said: "As of last night the show hasn't unloaded from New Orleans. I saw an orchestra member tweeting about their instruments being stuck.

However, the Fox in Atlanta tweeted this morning that Wicked performances begin on Wednesday, so it appears the tour will run. Marquee passes and tickets are still available for purchase, and Alison Bailey (the current Glinda) stated she's excited to perform at the Fox.I wonder if the set will be loaded out today o

WICKED tour performances cancelled in New Orleans following collapse of building next door  Oct 20 2019, 09:00:44 PM

QueenTwinnied said: "That certainly didn't go well"

It actually did. The main goal of the city was to implode the cranes and not hit any other buildings around. They succeeded in that. 

WICKED tour performances cancelled in New Orleans following collapse of building next door  Oct 17 2019, 05:40:17 PM

Danielle0314 said: "Out of curiosity, how extensive is the set for Dear Evan Hansen? That's the next show for Broadway in New Orleans, and I'm curious (if schedule allows) if it's able to be moved to the Mahalia Jackson for the performances."

I think it could absolutely be moved to Mahalia.  But they are imploding the leaning cranes tomorrow, so I think DEH is going to be fine at the Saenger.  

WICKED tour performances cancelled in New Orleans following collapse of building next door  Oct 17 2019, 02:34:23 PM

Fosse76 said: "I found a 2018 articlethat confirms that the Wicked national tour does in fact have an advance set. However, this is mostly lighting, curtains and other flying scenery pieces.

That said, there is no reason to believe that they will be unable to load out the show and make the next engagement. The stage door is on the other side of the building on a different street, and there is a through alley were it looks like the loading doors are located, also closer to

WICKED tour performances cancelled in New Orleans following collapse of building next door  Oct 16 2019, 08:28:01 PM
I could very well be wrong, but I thought they only had a second set for the time dragon and surrounding proscenium! But I hope I am wrong!

WICKED tour performances cancelled in New Orleans following collapse of building next door  Oct 15 2019, 04:04:57 PM

https://www.nola.com/news/article_4ee5312a-eeff-11e9-adbe-cbe82486463c.html

You must log in to view off-topic posts.