Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for C.Jack

Member Name: C.Jack
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What Are Great Musical Roles That Don’t Sing Much  Jul 20 2020, 01:41:44 PM
Dimitri Weissman from Follies never sings. Characters like Aunt Eller and Andrew Carnes in Oklahoma don’t sing that much in particular except for off hand lines in group numbers. Ali Hakim from that show also doesnt sing very much, even his solo number he only talks in.

What Are Great Musical Roles That Don’t Sing Much  Jul 20 2020, 01:41:42 PM
Dimitri Weissman from Follies never sings. Characters like Aunt Eller and Andrew Carnes in Oklahoma don’t sing that much in particular except for off hand lines in group numbers. Ali Hakim from that show also doesnt sing very much, even his solo number he only talks in.

What Are Great Musical Roles That Don’t Sing Much  Jul 20 2020, 01:41:41 PM

From Here: A New Musical re: Pulse tragedy  Jun 15 2020, 12:06:44 AM
I actually saw the original production live, quite a moving show.

Greatest Cast of Characters  Jun 12 2020, 01:56:44 AM
Sondheim’s shows tend to usually have strong and memorable ensembles casts, i.e. Into The Woods. One, however, I don’t see mentioned is Follies. While only four true “leads”, some of the show’s most famous numbers and characters come from its ensemble supporting cast of supporting characters such as Carlotta, Hattie, Stella, etc.

Broadway Roles that win Tonys  May 12 2020, 11:03:48 PM
Not a winner but it feels as though most men who play Herbie in Gypsy on Broadway at least get nominated (with Boyd Gaines actually winning).

Curb Your Enthusiasm and Dreamcasting for the Producers.  Mar 31 2020, 08:44:59 PM

Alex M said: "Mulaney and Kroll are incredible casting choices. I’d love billy eichner as Roger as well. Getting a whole cast of known comedians really would not only make this show a hit but also would probably be incredible. I have a headache thinking about how hard it would be to get tickets to this though lmao.
"

Love that Billy Eichner idea!!

Adaptations You Would Like To See?  Mar 30 2020, 06:11:53 PM
Bulgakov’s “The Master and Margarita” The Musical. Could totally see a Great Comet or even Pippin revival style show.

Curb Your Enthusiasm and Dreamcasting for the Producers.  Mar 30 2020, 06:10:09 PM
Anyone else like the idea of Alex Brightman as Bialystock?

Curb Your Enthusiasm and Dreamcasting for the Producers.  Mar 30 2020, 01:33:57 PM
Any ideas for Ulla?

Curb Your Enthusiasm and Dreamcasting for the Producers.  Mar 30 2020, 02:39:27 AM
I recently have been binging Curb Your Enthusiasm while quarantined to my home and finished the season wherein Larry David played Max Bialystock on Broadway. I honestly think he would have made a pretty good replacement for Nathan Lane based on the snippets we see of him in the episode. As The Producers is my favorite musical, I think we are overdue for a revival. As a fun little game, whatre some of your favorite dream casts for the Producers and how do you think Larry David would have done had

Books made into musicals?  Feb 23 2020, 10:06:12 PM
The Master and Margarita?

Bulgakov was a playwright and the stage imagery would be incredible!

Most Difficult Supporting Roles  Jan 26 2020, 01:10:14 PM
Rutledge in 1776 period. The original production found it hard to specifically replace that role.

Modern The Sound of Music  Dec 20 2019, 08:09:34 PM
Focus and enhance the Max and Elsa subplot as some of those plot point (especially their two songs) are quite dark in retrospect.

Comedic Showstoppers  Jun 22 2019, 04:07:48 PM
Moon and Me from Addams Family. Quite possibly the only thing in that show that could even be considered “show stopping”.

Comedic Showstoppers  Jun 22 2019, 04:07:46 PM
Moon and Me from Addams Family. Quite possibly the only thing in that show that could even be considered “show stopping”.

Plays for Four Females and One Male!  Mar 26 2019, 11:07:54 PM
Help! I need help finding a play for my college class that has a cast comprised of Four females and One male!

Actor who has yet to perform on Broadway who you would pay to see?  Jan 22 2019, 11:46:23 PM
Emily Blunt, 100%

OOTI or Carousel?  May 6 2018, 10:53:20 AM
If OOTI ends up closing, what should I do? Because for all intents and purposes, Carousel seems like ****.

OOTI or Carousel?  May 6 2018, 10:53:19 AM
If OOTI ends up closing, what should I do? Because for all intents and purposes, Carousel seems like ****.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.