Profile for jonah3500

Member Name: jonah3500
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Octet to Berkeley Rep Spring 2021  May 29 2020, 01:01:54 PM
After looking at the website in more depth, it seems that they’re in discussions to include it in their season.
Also of note is that Goddess, by Jocelyn Bioh and Saheem Ali is coming there (part of Songlab at MCC).

Octet to Berkeley Rep Spring 2021  May 29 2020, 12:59:07 PM
Adam Bashian posted it on his story!!

Where To Watch “Original Cast Recording: Company?”  May 25 2020, 10:08:55 PM
Is there anywhere to watch the Company cast album documentary online? It doesnt seem to be available aside from a $100 dvd from Amazon.
Thanks for any thoughts.

Cursed Child Cancelled Until Sept 6  May 12 2020, 11:39:37 AM

Delete

Broadway Cancelled Until Sept 6  May 12 2020, 11:38:34 AM

This was inevitable, but it’s good to have confirmation.

Lucille Lortel Awards  May 3 2020, 07:23:33 PM

Any thoughts on the awards so far?

Samantha Pauly of Six comments on bootleg of herself  May 3 2020, 01:36:13 PM
And this thread will be locked in 3.....2......

Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy  Apr 27 2020, 06:52:14 PM

ladypresent said: "Evreyone calm down...his point is this:

there is a difference of putting a black man into a white role and making a show about black or minorities.
ie: carousel is using a "gimmick" (oak's words) by casting a black man in the role of billy bigelow. That is the gimmick and selling point of the show. There is almost no other reason to cast a black man in this role than the gimmick and the selling of tix and Scott Rudin knows this. Josh H

Sing Street OBCR  Apr 22 2020, 12:41:49 PM
https://playbill.com/article/sing-street-songwriter-gary-clark-shares-behind-the-scenes-stories-about-the-shows-new-album

This should answer some questions about the changes to the show for Broadway. Personally, I’m not a fan of the changes, but I hope they prove me wrong.

Victory Gardens' FUN HOME will stream online for two weeks  Apr 15 2020, 09:42:34 AM
Is anybody else having trouble accessing it? If you were able to, please send the link.

Disney on Broadway Concert Canceled  Apr 13 2020, 03:31:29 PM

They relented!!!

Saturday Night Seder  Apr 11 2020, 08:17:57 PM
Anybody watching?

Shut down until June 7  Apr 8 2020, 11:04:34 AM
Title says it all.

WHEN WILL THEY ANNOUNCE  Apr 4 2020, 04:36:45 PM

Jordan Levinson said: "I highly doubt New York theatre- or live theatre in general- will return ever again.I believe all theaters around the world will be demolished in no time. Theatre is a dying art form anyway, and it had lost much of its appeal before this crisis. I may sound like an extremepessimist, but this is unfortunately true.

If the world were to return to some sort of "normalcy" in the future, it would have no face-to-face interaction, meaning no fune

A Daniel Fish Most Happy Fella?  Mar 31 2020, 07:57:56 PM

Tickets are on sale now. Also, it looks like it's been retitled to "Most Happy," and there's more description of the show on the website now:

"Frank Loesser’s musical theater masterpiece, The Most Happy Fella, is a celebration of love, a meditation on longing, and above all: an examination of the lengths we’ll go to satisfy our desires. In Most Happy, director Daniel Fish sets Loesser’s lyrical score for eight perform

Which shows will Covid-19 end?  Mar 20 2020, 06:03:49 PM

Hangmen.

BWW Board Book/Watch Party? (Leave your ideas!)  Mar 16 2020, 07:07:27 PM
It would be awesome to rewatch Smash or Rise!

StarKid!! (Free Musicals Online)  Mar 15 2020, 09:15:51 AM
Nick Lang said on a livestream that the next show in the Hatchetfield universe is called Nerdy Prudes Must Die. I’m suspecting that it’s about Grace Chastity, since in TGWDLM, Alice calls Grace Chastity a nerdy prude.

StarKid!! (Free Musicals Online)  Mar 14 2020, 03:55:45 PM

Hi everybody! While Broadway is shut down, I know we’re all mourning the loss of our usual theatrical entertainment. So I wanted to share something that I really love: Starkid is an LA-based theater company that produces original musicals, and they post all of their musicals on YouTube. They’re usually somewhat zany and vulgar, but always hilarious. 

Some famous StarKid alumni include Brittney Coleman, Joey Richter, and Darren Criss. While it may be just a bunch of col

Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread  Mar 13 2020, 04:26:15 PM
My favorite part was when I came to in Erika Henningsen’s dressing room. Still can’t believe I was the only one who got to see Barrett Wilbert Weed’s role as— oh wait, she’s gone.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.