Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for KKeller6

Member Name: KKeller6
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Chad Kimball  Dec 1 2020, 10:16:20 AM
Not a lot of Patrick Henry fans here. Or Voltaire fans.

2021 now looking bleak for potential U.S. theater reopening  Oct 30 2020, 01:57:57 AM
I don't think there's any question that Fauci recently discussed pushing the timeline back for " feeling comfortable" about going to a theatre.

What Is The Cheapest Broadway Musical Ever?  Oct 14 2020, 11:57:01 PM
Springsteen on Broadway.

Chad Kimball  Sep 25 2020, 09:18:41 AM
Yep. That's all. I happen to disagree with you and think the show will survive, but obviously that's just a complete guess. The longer this takes, the more uncertainties there will be, of course. I can see lots of successful shows not wanting to put all the efforts- and monetary risk- it will take to restart.
I'm assuming you read the Times article about the Met? We had discussed pay cuts for workers in the past when we do restart.i think that was met with some resistance by you and ot

Chad Kimball  Sep 23 2020, 08:58:34 PM

"HogansHero said: "My opinion: he will not be coming back and the show won't be coming back."

Well, we certainly hope this is not the case. There was a modest wardrobe call there yesterday, but a lot can happen in a year. Obviously, the longer I takes to get back, the harder it will be for some shows to remain in wait. 

Thoughts on Theater 5 months into The Shutdown  Sep 4 2020, 02:39:50 PM
I happen to agree. Just trying to post some positive news. Even if it's unlikely. But, hope isn't always a bad thing.

Thoughts on Theater 5 months into The Shutdown  Sep 4 2020, 12:15:54 PM

I re read some of the articles. He said it's conceivable. I got duped my some dubious headlines. But,I suppose, some writers could claim saying something is "conceivable" is agreeing something is "possible"

Thoughts on Theater 5 months into The Shutdown  Sep 4 2020, 12:45:37 AM
I was feeling so pessimistic, thinking next September was the best case scenario, but with this talk of a vaccine between November and the new year, I'm feeling very hopeful for the first time in months that March may actually happen. I read Dr. Fauci said this is a very real possibility. I trust him. Not trying to be political here.

What is your Most loved Episode from any TV show   Sep 4 2020, 12:41:27 AM
Vitameatavegimin.

I Love Lucy Is like the Beatles. It may not be your absolute favorite, but it surely was the best.

The episode with William Holden is my favorite of so many ridiculously funny episodes.

What is your Most loved Episode from any TV show   Aug 30 2020, 03:51:23 PM
Chuckles Bites The Dust.

BIPOC movement..Backstage IATSE local 1? Musicians 802? Stage managers? etc  Aug 14 2020, 09:12:01 AM

BIPOC movement..Backstage IATSE local 1? Musicians 802? Stage managers? etc  Aug 14 2020, 09:11:58 AM

You're right

My apologies. 

BIPOC movement..Backstage IATSE local 1? Musicians 802? Stage managers? etc  Aug 14 2020, 09:11:55 AM
Trust me, you have no idea what you're talking about. Unless you're saying Local 1 has no POC who are qualified for those positions. If that's your opinion, have the courage to say it. Otherwise, they are there, eligible for the jobs like anyone else.
We've already discussed and agreed, years ago Local 1 was somewhat considered a"closed shop". Even tho that's not true due to the apprentice test that began about 40 years ago. I've also agreed that change is slow. I've also shown in the

BIPOC movement..Backstage IATSE local 1? Musicians 802? Stage managers? etc  Aug 14 2020, 09:11:55 AM
Trust me, you have no idea what you're talking about. Unless you're saying Local 1 has no POC who are qualified for those positions. If that's your opinion, have the courage to say it. Otherwise, they are there, eligible for the jobs like anyone else.
We've already discussed and agreed, years ago Local 1 was somewhat considered a"closed shop". Even tho that's not true due to the apprentice test that began about 40 years ago. I've also agreed that change is slow. I've also shown in the

BIPOC movement..Backstage IATSE local 1? Musicians 802? Stage managers? etc  Aug 14 2020, 12:22:10 AM

The theatre owners do the hiring of all heads. Discuss this with them. 

BIPOC movement..Backstage IATSE local 1? Musicians 802? Stage managers? etc  Aug 13 2020, 09:45:57 AM
the list I posted seems pretty meaningful. It seems to suggest a willingness to change. I think that in itself is extremely meaningful.

BIPOC movement..Backstage IATSE local 1? Musicians 802? Stage managers? etc  Aug 13 2020, 09:33:31 AM

The Booth. Longacre, Golden, Imperial. Circle, Kerr, Ambassador, Winter Garden,  Belasco,  and Lyceum all have women and/or POC as heads. And 3 women recently retired from the Schoenfeld and Broadhurst and Imperial. Some of these theatres have more than one.  I'm sure I'm missing a few.  And just a note, I didn't say it was perfect, just moving in the right direction. Local 1 has many other venues outside of Broadway that I'm just not familiar enough with t

BIPOC movement..Backstage IATSE local 1? Musicians 802? Stage managers? etc  Aug 12 2020, 11:22:44 PM

Saying it's laughable means you don't realize how many department heads in Local 1 are now women and people of color. And since 35 years ago, the answer was probably "very few, if any" we've come a long way. And it's continually getting better. In addition to women and POC in other positions as well. Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. Like I explained, these opportunities lead to more jobs and better opportunities for others. Let's keep going in

BIPOC movement..Backstage IATSE local 1? Musicians 802? Stage managers? etc  Aug 12 2020, 05:13:43 PM

Divesting from IATSE would be ridiculously stupid. In the 35 years I've been involved, women and POC have come a long way and many hold positions of power. In turn, more opportunities have opened up for those same people and they have even more access to good salaries, good healthcare, and a good retirement plan. Taking that away seems completely short sighted. The producers would be thrilled. 

Broadway to return in Fall 2021?  Aug 6 2020, 04:28:02 PM

It seems a few, "what to expect in the near future" after a vaccine articles have come up. Here's one.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/life-after-covid-19-vaccine_l_5f2ad9c6c5b64d7a55ed7b2c#

It sure seems like a spring opening is very optimistic at this point for the majority of Broadway. Who's gonna wanna sit in the Golden Theatre? A small 10

You must log in to view off-topic posts.