Profile for tbaker2

Member Name: tbaker2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME/Britney Spears musical to play pre-Broadway Chicago engagement  Mar 17 2020, 05:59:42 PM

Heard from a cast member that they're hoping to reschedule the Chicago tryout.

I hope!

Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates  Oct 22 2019, 06:52:18 PM

So, is it best to get there right when the box office opens or in the middle of the day closer to showtime? Trying to see this next - I'll be in town the whole week!

The Devil Wears Prada  Sep 11 2019, 03:18:27 PM

A reliable source in Chicago mentioned to me that this is in works to have their Pre-Broadway tryout in the 2020 Season with Broadway in Chicago.

Discount Codes  Aug 19 2019, 05:56:33 PM

Does anyone have codes for Hadestown or Ain't Too Proud for OCTOBER?

Thanks!!

Children of Eden in Chicago  Aug 19 2019, 05:48:33 PM

This production is being produced by 'Chicagoland Theatre Fund,' which is a brand new organization with a top notch production team of Chicago's own alongside Stephen Schwartz.

This productions is under Equity contracts with only two performances, per audition notice.

They haven't announced a venue, which I believe it could be outdoors in one of these gorgeous parks in the city!

Any more news I hear, I'll definitely be letting this board

The Run of OOTI  Aug 1 2018, 05:16:19 PM

You learn something new, every day! 

Thanks for the info! 

OOTI Dream Tour or Replacement Cast  Aug 1 2018, 04:32:59 PM

So, who would you love to see as a replacement or in Once On This Island Tour? 

Me, you ask? : 

Ti Moune - Shanice Williams 

Asaka - Mykal Kilgore

Papa Ge - Heather Headley 

The Run of OOTI  Aug 1 2018, 04:27:24 PM

There was an announcement a few weeks ago that the show released a new block of tickets through September 2019. Thankfully, it will be there when you visit the city! 

The Cher Show  Jun 18 2018, 03:38:59 PM

I believe the only way to approach the mentioning of her as a gay icon or any significant info that happens in the 90's until now is this: During the Finale (Take Me Home), there could be a vamp and that's where the three Cher's could break the fourth wall and narrate what has happened to Cher then and now. Then, they 'take it home' with one last chorus. 

Just an idea, don't eat me if this is stupid!

The Cher Show  Jun 14 2018, 04:02:17 PM

Saw the show last night. Won the lottery and they put us in the front row: So there I was, Front Row Center! 

Still a 3 hour show. One of the ensemble members said they only chopped 4 minutes off the run of the show!

Concept: The concept is a little muddy in the beginning. A lot of people were very confused. Towards the end, when 'Star Cher' looks at her Mom and says, "Wait, you can see the other Chers too?" It seemed a bit campy. A couple people behind me

Pretty Woman Rush  Apr 6 2018, 10:45:56 AM

Hey everyone!

I'm going to be student rushing for Pretty Woman in Chicago next weekend (final show) and I didn't know what the vibe has been like at the Oriental. Is it a large crowd gathering for rush tickets in the morning?

EMC/Non-Eq Actors attending AEA auditions...  Mar 8 2018, 02:15:06 PM

So, there's three HUGE auditions happening on March 22nd:

Anastasia Male Singer/ECC call at 10am, Hello Dolly EPA from 10am-6pm, and Waitress ECC/Male Singer at 2pm.

I will be arriving into the city around 9:30-9:45am, and am wondering how my schedule should work. As an EMC actor, will I be able to arrive around 9:45-10am and check in to be seen for Anastasia and Hello Dolly and then check in at 2pm for Waitress . . . .  I need someone to explain for me! Thanks! :)
<

Carousel Rush or Lottery?  Mar 7 2018, 08:47:23 AM

epeter, how were the partial view seats. How many times did it happen to you where you couldn't see the action on stage?

Just curious! Thanks so much!

TB

Jessica Vosk Broadway  Dec 18 2017, 10:54:18 AM

Wait, catch me up please!

Jessica and Jake Gylenhaal are going to be the next Jenna & Pomatter?

Or is Jessica and Gylenhaal going to be the next Elphaba and Fiyero?

Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?  Nov 25 2017, 11:50:29 AM

Who is Oak?

I'd really like Jessica Vosk, Natalie Weiss, or Lindsay Mendez eventually be Jenna in the future!

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS Previews  Nov 8 2017, 10:07:14 AM

smallvillefan16 said: "I can't believe this is taking up one of the theaters on Broadway. It should have just traveled for kids. This is embarrassing for Broadway."

How is this embarrassing for Broadway? Think back through all of the shows where your favorite cartoons or movie characters came to life on Broadway: Shrek, Suessical, The Addams Family, Beauty & The Beast, Lion King, and more! They were (still are) very successful concepts! 

Will this

Todrick Hall is heading back to BROADWAY!  Nov 2 2017, 03:53:38 PM

JVJ93 said: "Maybe Dreamgirls??"

He would be a fantastic CeCe, wouldn't he? Or does he have the spunk to carry the role of James Thunder Early?

What songs for Thanksgiving Parade?  Nov 2 2017, 11:58:47 AM

Dear Evan Hansen - I'd really like to see a medley of Disappear & You Will Be Found  . . . . Also, they could also do a live segment from the Music Box aired on the parade like CBS does, but that's never been done on NBC so I'm not sure!

Anastasia - I would assume that they'd stick with musical numbers like Paris Holds the Key to Your Heart and Journey to the Past to draw more fans in to the theater, but I'd really love to see Land of Yesterday be done sinc

Todrick Hall is heading back to BROADWAY!  Nov 1 2017, 11:59:03 PM
Toddy posted on Instagram reminiscing his Kinky Boots days and then tells us to stay tuned for his next Broadway adventure!

https://instagram.com/p/Ba-ZfHYFE5L/

Dream Revivals?  Oct 22 2017, 07:40:17 PM

Here's my list:

Aida - starring Cynthia Erivo (Aida), Jeremy Jordan (Radames), and Natalie Weiss(Amneris)

Funny GIrl - Starring Shoshana Bean (it's happened at North Shore and was EVERYTHING!)

Next to Normal - Starring Heather Headley or Stephanie J. Block (Diana), Norm Lewis or Michael Park (Dan), Kristolyn Lloyd (Natalie), Leslie Odom Jr. or Ben Fankhauser (Gabe)

The Wiz - Starring Cynthia Erivo (Dorothy), Usher (Scarecrow), Leslie Odom

You must log in to view off-topic posts.