Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for froote

Member Name: froote
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Oct 17 2018, 04:57:29 PM

Baldwin 2 said: "Phillipa made this track look easy. It’s not. It always made me angry when people had less than glowing things to say about about her. Her performance was full of heart and restraint. Those are terribly difficult ends of a spectrum. Denée is the right idea. Given some time to settle in, I think she’ll be incredible. The new blood will do nice things for Broadway company."

Amen to that. Glad the role will finally have an actor that

Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY  Aug 27 2018, 05:11:34 PM
Hasn't Ambrose put up with enough and now we have Benanti telling everyone she wasn't even the first choice. Laura puts a bad taste in my mouth too often, especially this coming after she liked those tweets.

Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY  Aug 23 2018, 03:05:36 PM

Kad said: "Put me in the pro-Ambrose group, as well. I thought she gave a beautiful performance, and the animosity toward her on here baffles me."

Me too. Will never understand it.

PRETTY WOMAN Reviews  Aug 17 2018, 06:48:33 AM
Knew the NYC critics wouldn't fall for the Barks praise that is always, always based around her being pretty and having a good voice. Good.

Lin to direct film adaptation of Tick Tick Boom  Jul 19 2018, 07:47:28 PM
I'm pretty sure the only reason this is happening is because Lin now has the power to pursue a passion project like this. Without him I doubt this would be greenlit. So I still think 'why not DEH' is a silly question when it very much seems like this will be LMM's baby.

Yes there will likely be a DEH film one day (although 10 years seems optimistic and it definitely wouldn't be happening anytime now) but it will be a completely different thing and Levenson is the only person here that

Lin to direct film adaptation of Tick Tick Boom  Jul 19 2018, 07:31:01 PM

Tim Barstow said: "There's no fanbase for TTB. How are they supposed to make a profit? You can't do it on Lin's name alone! Overall, this is adumb idea. Why not DEH? Thatmoviewould do great in the box office!"

Maybe because LMM doesnt relate to an emotionally manipulative cliche tale of teenage social anxiety, but to a real story of a man struggling to balance the realities of life and lack of success with his passion and desire to be an ar

Love, Simon as a Musical  Jul 16 2018, 10:39:31 PM

Wayman_Wong said: "For the record, Greg Berlanti's ''Love, Simon'' made movie and pop-culture history as the first Hollywood studio movie about a gay teen's coming out. It rated 91% at Rotten Tomatoes and garnered a rare A+ from CinemaScore, which polls filmgoers. Made for $17 million, it grossed $40 million in the U.S. and another $25 millon abroad. (Compare that to ''Call Me by Your Name'': $18 million in the U.S. and another $23 million abro

Experiences With Condescending Theatre Goers  Jul 11 2018, 03:13:39 AM

EllieRose2 said: "froote said: "EllieRose2 said: ""Oh come on, he said he was an ass and asked LMM if they could forget the conversation ever happened. But sure continue to believe that he had no idea who he was."

Since that's what actually happened, I will continue believing the truth, thanks.
"

More like your made up version of the truth that suits your own narrative.
"

Haha. Read that to yourself, b

Experiences With Condescending Theatre Goers  Jul 10 2018, 06:35:05 AM

EllieRose2 said: ""Oh come on, he said he was an ass and asked LMM if they could forget the conversation ever happened. But sure continue to believe that he had no idea who he was."

Since that's what actually happened, I will continue believing the truth, thanks.
"

More like your made up version of the truth that suits your own narrative.

Experiences With Condescending Theatre Goers  Jul 9 2018, 06:59:49 PM

EllieRose2 said: "froote said: "Why are people saying the man may not have known who LMM was when he clearly acknowledged at the end of the conversation that he did and that what he'd said had been intentionally condescending?

Because that never happened. He never CLEARLY acknowledged who he wasor said he was intentionally condescending. That is why we are saying it, because that never occurred.
"

Oh come on, he said he was an ass and aske

Experiences With Condescending Theatre Goers  Jul 9 2018, 06:13:26 PM
Why are people saying the man may not have known who LMM was when he clearly acknowledged at the end of the conversation that he did and that what he'd said had been intentionally condescending?

I'm sure if LMM had asked what show are you talking about and the theatregoer had responded with Dear Evan Hansen or something he would not have then tweeted this. I would have had my suspicions in his position too, it's not like Hamilton is some tiny off Broadway show or LMM hasn't been ubiquit

Best best musical of the decade  Jun 11 2018, 09:15:31 AM

1. Hamilton

2. Fun Home

3. The Book of Mormon

4. Once

5. The Band's Visit

6. Dear Evan Hansen

7. Kinky Boots

Haven't seen Memphis or Gentleman's Guide.

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 10 2018, 09:23:13 PM

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2 said: "He may have improved since I saw him in previews, but I thought Norbert was weak in Act I and was really great in Act II. I thought Jordan Donica gave a better performance actually, which I know most people won't agree with me about."

I agree too, Donica did so much with so little.

Gender Based Awards?  Apr 25 2018, 10:42:35 PM
Would just result in men winning the vast majority of the time like in all the other gender neutral categories. Plus I think halving the amount of actors to be recognized would be a great shame.

2018 Olivier Awards  Apr 10 2018, 06:15:29 PM
And when I say the West End wouldn't produce a Hamilton, I mean they wouldn't produce something that simultaneously influential and original.

2018 Olivier Awards  Apr 10 2018, 06:12:38 PM

Gizmo6 said: "I never said UK would create a Hip-pop pastiche musical.

I would remind you that out of the top ten longest running musicals 50% of Broadway’s musicals are British imports and 70% of West End Musicals are homegrown.
"

And no one is saying we didn't have our time. Yes in the 80s and early 90s a lot of influential musicals were coming out of the UK. But we're talking about now and those days are over.

Currently on Broadway

2018 Olivier Awards  Apr 10 2018, 03:29:13 PM
Anyone thinking the UK is doing better/more relevant work in musical theatre than America is just outright delusional at this point. The idea of something like Hamilton coming out of the UK is basically laughable.

2018 Olivier Awards  Apr 10 2018, 03:26:23 PM

dramamama611 said: "Actually, there was a lot of brouhaha over Billy v N2N -- but not because Billy had been mounted in London previously.

But yes, Gizmo's claims are a bit farfetched here.
"

Oh of course, I would know as I think it was a huge travesty myself. I only meant in regards to the issue of location.

2018 Olivier Awards  Apr 9 2018, 10:42:42 PM

Jeez let me weigh in here.

Whilst the Hamilton London cast was for me a mixed bag (Hamilton, Burr, Washington, King, Laurens/Philip, Mulligan/Madison, Peggy/Maria all great, Angelica fine, Eliza and Lafayette/Jefferson bad), judging whether the production is worthy of its Olivier awards based on one televised performance is ridiculous. How many awkward/bad Tony performances of great productions have there been? Even the Hamilton performance at the Tonys did not come close to w

The Over/Under on how long DEH will run  Sep 29 2017, 07:43:23 AM

Under. As soon as there's a new trendy show, this one is done. And yeah the Ben Platt decline will be real. This show doesn't feel as big as BOM was to me and certainly the success of that show had little to do with Rannells and Gad.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.