Profile for Lot666

Lot666 Profile Photo
Member Name: Lot666
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Phantom's future schedule on Telecharge?  Jun 4 2020, 11:48:15 AM

uncageg said: "Jordan Catalano said: "uncageg said: "Phantom is the first show I want to see when Broadway comes back. I have seen it but for some reason, for me, it just seems fitting to see the longest running show first show back."

I’ve been thinking the same thing, either this or “Wicked”. There’s nothing else playing that screams “BROADWAY” more than those two (How I wish “42nd St” were playin

Best Scene Changes  Jun 3 2020, 08:08:04 AM

The first show that comes to my mind is the production of 1984 at The Hudson Theatre a few years ago. Most of the show is performed within what appears to be a small, dingy interior space. As the story nears its climax and it is revealed that Big Brother has been watching Winston and Julia all along, the set literally flies apart - all of the walls grow much taller and move up and back, and all surfaces become bright white with extremely bright lighting as the protagonists find

Vanity Fair on Broadway's Reopening -  May 29 2020, 03:51:26 PM

Luminaire2 said: "Did everyone see this image going around from a theatre in Berlin. The new future for a while.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=2624867451058068&set=a.1924395441105276
"

This looks like theatre heaven to me. Virus or no virus, the idea of having the nearest stranger that far away is a dream come true!

Vanity Fair on Broadway's Reopening -  May 29 2020, 03:50:22 PM

David10086 said: "The magazine interview talks about long-running shows such as "Wicked', 'Lion King' and "Hamilton' but my question is about the longest running show: "Phantom". Where does this show play into all of this ? A survivor, or not ?"

I don't believe anything can be taken for granted at this point, but Andrew Lloyd Webber has publicly stated on more than one occasion that Phantom will return

Ben Platt on Netflix  May 29 2020, 08:37:46 AM

Larry6417 said: "Ben Platt did not become a star until he originated the role of Evan Hansen; his celebrity did not come about because he's from a family that works in related fields. Do you "pretend" that people like Michael Douglas and Jamie Lee Curtis are "something special [because they were] just lucky enough to be born into a powerful family"?"

Naive.

Famous actors like Michael Douglas and

Jekyll & Hyde 1995 Tour vs. Broadway Production  May 29 2020, 08:32:39 AM

carolinaguy said: "I've never understood why "Bring on the Men" was replaced on Broadway. It got great reaction on the tour."

I've never actually been in the audience for any production of this show, but "Bring on the Men" is the only song from the score that stands out for me.

Love Never Dies to broadway 2021?  May 28 2020, 01:07:56 PM

MlleDaae said: "::face palm::

"Just let it diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie..."

Darkest Timeline: Broadway is desperately in need of content with backers who can front the money themselves. Enter ALW with LND and its ready-to-go production on the cheap.

Seriously though, why the f*** would this show ever COME BACK to Broadway? Granted the AUS design (most recently toured/Peacock Dress) definite

Ben Platt on Netflix  May 28 2020, 12:18:00 PM

HenryTDobson said: "Lot666 said: "HenryTDobson said: "Clearly he's talented but everyone is talented. It's infuriating to have to pretend that he's something special when he was just lucky enough to be born into a powerful family."

"Everyone is talented"? What does that even mean?

Regardless of whether you like Mr. Platt as a person, what he accomplished in originating the role of Evan Hansen had nothing to do wi

People Who Saw Shows That Now Live In Infamy, What Was Your Experience At Said Show?  May 28 2020, 10:59:04 AM

tmdonahue said: "This is what experience has taught me. Shows that get positive reviews may not be a positive experience for me. But the converse is not true: shows with bad reviews are always bad."

This is what experience has taught me. Shows that get positive reviews from other Broadway/West End performers are usually very good, as are shows that get bad reviews from snarky, mean-spirited critics (e.g., Brantley, Riedel).

People Who Saw Shows That Now Live In Infamy, What Was Your Experience At Said Show?  May 28 2020, 10:47:58 AM

CATSNYrevival said: "Stephen Ward was obviously a subject that was particularly interesting to Andrew Lloyd Webber but had limitedcommercial appeal to West End audiences, and virtually zero commercial appeal outside the UK.It's hard to build a hit show from that. Most people, particularly in America, likely don't know who Stephen Ward was and likelyjustdon't care either. Having said that, there are some lovely tunes. "This Side of the Sky" is a favorite.&qu

Underrated and Overrated Broadway, West End, and/or Off-Broadway Musicals  May 28 2020, 10:43:52 AM

Brookswashere said: "I legitimately believe Groundhog Day may be the most underrated the show of the past decade"

yes

Ben Platt on Netflix  May 28 2020, 09:10:45 AM

HenryTDobson said: "Clearly he's talented but everyone is talented. It's infuriating to have to pretend that he's something special when he was just lucky enough to be born into a powerful family."

"Everyone is talented"? What does that even mean?

Regardless of whether you like Mr. Platt as a person, what he accomplished in originating the role of Evan Hansen had nothing to do with being "lucky enough to be born into a powerful famil

NYT Poll Shows One Hurdle to Reopening Broadway: Fear of Jerks  May 28 2020, 09:02:04 AM

CT2NYC said: "In the interest of self-care, whenever I see someone post something stupid on here, I block them immediately. Needless to say, my "ignore" list has grown considerably in the past 2 1/2 months. It keeps me from feeling the need to argue with people who contribute nothing constructive to this board."

yesGlenn Close wants to start 'Sunset' movie by the end of this year  Apr 17 2020, 10:10:53 AM

QueenAlice said: "it's a shame the original Broadway production wasn't filmed for distribution in 1995. That would have been the most viable option."

Word.

PHANTOM will be the next ALW musical to stream for free  Apr 16 2020, 02:22:45 PM

ggersten said: "Not really a spoiler overall but in this production:

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
the chandelier does not fall - it just shoots out some sparks. very disappointing."

That was to be expected here, as this production was staged for just two days at the Royal Albert Hall, so

PHANTOM will be the next ALW musical to stream for free  Apr 16 2020, 10:20:36 AM

uncageg said: "The promo that just came out on YouTube appears to be the full show with Sierra Boggess."

It's the 25th Anniversary Production at the Royal Albert Hall, which was filmed and released on DVD/Blu-ray. Ramin Karimloo in the title role, with Sierra Boggess as Christine and Hadley Fraser as Raoul.

What's the 1st show you're planning to see when the quarantine is over?  Apr 16 2020, 10:15:50 AM

castlestreet said: "It may seem crazy, especially given how many times I’ve seen it but - Phantom. New York City, a few drinks somewhere before, old faithful Phantom and a great dinner someplace like Orso or Broadway Joe’s afterwards will make me feel like all is right with the world again."

ABSOLUTELY!

What's the 1st show you're planning to see when the quarantine is over?  Apr 16 2020, 10:13:54 AM

Phantom4ever said: "I hope I can move mountains to get to see the first performance of Phantom after this is over. I just know the audience is going to go crazy as soon as the first notes of that overture hit."

Phantom will be my first show as well, and I can totally picture the audience reaction to the overture as you described. And if I'm lucky, maybe it'll be a double-header with Love Never Dies

Glenn Close wants to start 'Sunset' movie by the end of this year  Apr 15 2020, 11:25:03 AM

castlestreet said: "II also hope they resist the urge to cast some pop princess as Betty to boost album downloads and streaming."

Please, no! 

PHANTOM will be the next ALW musical to stream for free  Apr 14 2020, 01:35:49 PM

I already own the Blu-ray, which I bought as soon as it came out because we actually attended the Royal Albert Hall event, but I'm still excited for this!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.