Profile for alexidarling15

Member Name: alexidarling15
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Old Vic production of LUNGS (on Zoom)  Jul 2 2020, 09:46:23 AM

I can't wait for this tomorrow. I just got the Zoom info and it says to log in 30 minutes early - does anything really happen during that preshow time?

Old Vic production of LUNGS (on Zoom)  Jun 10 2020, 11:18:35 AM

I got through and bought a 40-pound ticket for July 3 - it was the cheapest ticket I could find for an 8 p.m. performance that was not on July 4. (I didn't check the matinees because the EST time wouldn't work for me). Once you get into the site, you can choose from any date. 

Old Vic production of LUNGS (on Zoom)  Jun 10 2020, 10:13:58 AM

Has anyone gotten through? I walked away for three hours and now it says I'll be up in about 37 minutes. 

Old Vic production of LUNGS (on Zoom)  Jun 10 2020, 07:16:02 AM

Yes, I'm #3000-something in line for one performance and am about to give up - they don't have as many tickets! I had tickets to see it at BAM in April and was hoping to at least catch it online! 

MCP Joseph - Vosk, Espinosa & Newell  Feb 19 2020, 10:00:49 AM

Also agree about the sound issues - I was near the front of the orchestra, I couldn't hear most of the Pharoah song and I had to strain to hear some of the singing over the music. Still, it was some of the most fun I've ever had in a theater. I was lucky enough to see Bonnie Milligan in the one-night "Camelot" last year, too, and now after hearing her "Canaan Days,"  I wish someone would give her her own show. Brooks Ashmanskas and Gavin Lee were als

2019 Tony Award Nominations and Snubs  Apr 30 2019, 10:02:10 AM

I'm also sad and shocked about the Patrick Vaill snub. His performance really stuck with me. 

Harry Potter Lottery Seats  Mar 14 2019, 10:16:14 PM
My friend won last week and they were in the second row of the orchestra, extreme right.

MY FAIR LADY Lottery  Jan 4 2019, 11:23:00 AM

Has anyone won this recently? I'll be trying in the next few weeks. 

Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees  Oct 3 2018, 09:13:52 PM
Several phones went off at Lifespan of a Fact, even though all of the ushers kept telling us to turn off phones and they made one big announcement before the show started. Cherry Jones and Daniel Radcliffe just kept going as if nothing had happened. Where I was sitting, it wasn’t that loud - the audience members tsking at the noise were louder than the noise itself!

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Jun 14 2018, 03:07:13 PM

I was at the Broadway show on Tuesday, and I agree with the reviews of a lot of previous posters. I last saw the Broadway production in Sept 2016, and at that time I actually really enjoyed Mandy Gonzalez and Lexi Lawson’s performances. Both of them have SHARPLY degraded.

I could barely hear Mandy, she was singing way too high during Satisfied and seemed to be phoning it in at times, especially during the last song, when she was actually smiling as Hamilton is dying/walking off t

Band's Visit Rush  Mar 29 2018, 11:42:49 AM

Thanks very much for this discussion. I hadn't realized there were so many cheap tickets on Stubhub for Band's Visit. Yesterday I bought a $36 ticket in side Orchestra Row E around 3 p.m. for the 7 p.m. show last night - just walked over to the Stubhub office to pick it up. Had I waited until around 5, I could have nabbed a $25 ticket in Orchestra A (third row). I was grateful to have sat so close to the stage because the show is so intimate. 

Harry Potter access code?  Feb 7 2018, 11:20:17 AM

A million thanks for directing me to my phone. I got right in and bought tickets for December.

Meanwhile, my window on my computer is still going.

In praise of cheaper seats (they are often fine).  Apr 13 2017, 09:04:24 PM

This board has been really helpful in determining which cheap seats are good values and which are not worth it. Yesterday I paid $69 to see Sunday in the Park from the balcony and $38 to see Come from Away in an obstructed view box. I was THRILLED with both seats and would have just had to pick one or the other - or neither - if I had tried to get a center orchestra seat. But both cheaper seats came at the endorsement of others - an usher and others on that thread recommended the ba

Come From Away rush  Apr 13 2017, 12:27:00 PM

I got in the rush line around 9:50 a.m. yesterday, there were maybe 50 people in front of me, but it was a two-show day. I wanted to go to the evening performance and ended up with one of the last box seats, the couple in front of me easily got matinee tickets.

For a $38 obstructed view ticket, I thought it was excellent. I couldn't see maybe three exchanges, and occasionally I had problems understanding a line that the whole ensemble was singing (acoustically, it occasio

Come From Away rush  Apr 6 2017, 09:58:34 PM

Thanks, this is really helpful info. I was hoping to rush or get SRO next Wed night, but I can't show up until just before 10 a.m. and I have a matinee ticket to Sunday in the Park so I can't get back in line at 2 p.m. for the evening show. Is this a lost cause?

Sunday in the Park with George performances  Apr 3 2017, 11:51:11 AM

Thanks for the report on Row F belcony - that's also where I'm sitting. Can't wait! 

SUNSET BOULEVARD (Rush Reports)  Feb 23 2017, 01:36:53 PM

I rushed this for the matinee yesterday. I got to the theater right at 10 a.m., the line took about 10 minutes and I got a canceled ticket - center orchestra Row J - for $99. Couldn't have asked for a better seat - particularly at that price.

I checked out the other two levels at intermission - I would have been happy with the mezz, but felt the extra price was worth it to see Glenn Close's facial expressions. As others have pointed out, balcony is VERY high and gave me ve

Sunset Boulevard seating questions  Feb 10 2017, 10:17:50 PM

I'm also curious about the mezz. I'm planning to rush but if that is unsuccessful, I see Today Tix has rear mezz seats for $69, while front balcony are more expensive, $79. Can anyone speak to the view from any part of the mezz?

NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews  Jan 14 2017, 09:17:51 PM

Has anyone rushed this recently? I'm planning to try for the Wed matinee and am trying to figure out what time to arrive. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.