Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for all_that_jazz

all_that_jazz Profile Photo
Member Name: all_that_jazz
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Patti in her basement  Apr 1 2020, 09:36:26 PM
Not much of a Be More Chill fan but I'm kinda hoping for a "Patti in the Basement" rendition.

2020-2021 Touring Season  Feb 26 2020, 09:20:58 AM
It is surprising. Buffalo the last few seasons has had great seasons. I may get a subscription there this year. Love a good road trip. Will not be getting one in Toronto. Lord knows I couldn't sit through that Oklahoma again.

So hopefully Hadestown or The Prom goes to Buffalo.

2020-2021 Touring Season  Feb 26 2020, 08:38:30 AM
Very disappointing season again in Toronto.

Frozen beyond Caissie Levy (Elsa) and Patti Murin (Anna)...casting news?  Jan 14 2020, 11:17:15 AM

I think casting blind is awesome, but what I dislike is that KRISTOFF will never not be a POC because he was originated by a POC. Which, I get the argument, but just wish casting was more fluid in both aspects. "

I’ve seen Jake Smith play the role. Don’t worry white actors will still be considered ?
"

In Toronto they had a casting call for Kristoff for the tour version and the notice said "african american" only.

2020-2021 Touring Season  Dec 24 2019, 09:33:07 PM

ACL2006 said: "what scheduling conflict? It was set to close in Toronto. So it's closing now on March 22 in Rochester instead of May 3 in Toronto. That sucks!"

The website still has Schenectedy listed. For the first week or so in May.  Im hoping they are goin somewhere else for those 6 weeks as Buffalo and Rochester only have seats very far back and I really want to see Carolee.  If only they announced when they found out and not after finding another s

Toronto Tour of "Hello. Dolly" cancelled  Dec 19 2019, 09:09:21 PM
They wait this long. Now there isnt even a good seat to be had for the Buffalo stop. This wasnt decided yesterday if they already had a replacement show.

Im so done with Mirvish. They have taken us from a first run tour stop to a 4th. And then cancel anything good.

2019 Tony Awards Reactions Thread  Jun 9 2019, 10:09:55 PM
What the hell does this feud bit have to do with celebrating bway. James Corden is not funny. We need to go back to having bway star hosts and presenters. This show is much like most.of the shows this year. Dull and mindnumbing.

2019 Tony Awards Reactions Thread  Jun 9 2019, 08:07:39 PM
It his opening is the c version of neil patrick harris "better" opening.

DEH Flops in Toronto  May 23 2019, 04:43:32 PM
In the city Come From Away is advertised way heavier than Evan. I keep forgetting we even have a sit down playing or even that its in town. It seemed like a wrong show for a sit down here from the beginning and it doesnt seem much effort has been put behind marketing it.

2019-2020 Touring Season  May 21 2019, 11:02:57 AM
Spongebob is comin to Toronto Dec 17 to 22. So full week. Not part of Mirvish. Playing The Sony Center. Or whatever silly namebthey are changing it to in the fall.

Frozen Tour  May 7 2019, 02:07:53 PM
Dont worry Kristof will be a person of colour as the audition notice that went out said only ethnic people of colour apply.

Which seems odd as his colour is not part of the story that seems very odd with colourblind casting rules. And god knows thered be an uproar if the said for elsa only fair skin actors apply.

I just hope if they go with a woman Olaf shes better than the train wreck currently at the St James. She needs lessons on how to puppeteer.

BEETLEJUICE Reviews  Apr 25 2019, 10:34:59 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Is this the first show of the season to not be a Critics Pick for the Times?"

No they only gave critics pick to

The prom, hadestown, aint too proud, tootsie and the 2 revivals.

2019 Drama Desk Nominations  Apr 25 2019, 10:33:59 AM

Mike Barrett said: "all_that_jazz said: "Yes thats what awards are....opinions of people voting.

Perhaps we should be awarding insultingly mediocre productions. Then i would certainly lavish Tootsie and Pretty Woman and Kong.
"

In what way did they "insult" you? If you don't enjoy it you don't enjoy it. Dont need to keep repeating how "insulted" you were by the mediocre show, it adds nothing to the discussion.
&q

2019 Drama Desk Nominations  Apr 25 2019, 10:21:46 AM
Yes thats what awards are....opinions of people voting.

Perhaps we should be awarding insultingly mediocre productions. Then i would certainly lavish Tootsie and Pretty Woman and Kong.

2019 Drama Desk Nominations  Apr 25 2019, 01:25:25 AM

After Tuesdays Outer Critic Circle Noms Im hoping for a little less Tootsie and a little more The Prom. Just don't get all those nominations for a mediocre show but just my opinion. And pretty sure Hadestown should fare well.

2019 Outer Critics Circle Nominations & Awards  Apr 23 2019, 05:47:25 PM
Personally thats a lot of love towards Tootsie that I just dont see. Ive seen every musical thus year and it just felt bland and cheap. Costumes choreography and a second supporting actor are a stretch.

2019 Outer Critics Circle Nominations & Awards  Apr 22 2019, 09:14:38 PM
Nominations tomorrow April 23rd.

Winners announced May 13.

What are we thinking/expecting/hoping for.

BEETLEJUICE Previews  Apr 6 2019, 02:49:46 PM
They definately need to recast the role of Beetlejuice. If you are gonna do low brow humour you need a gifted comedic actor who can land the jokes. Alex just keeps spitting them out rapid fire hoping it works. It comes off very juvinile frat boy. The book and songs are dreadful. Despite some very talented people in the show this is just a theme park show for die hard fans. Half the audience ate it up and the others sat there silently without a laugh or a clap.

I will say i laughed

BEST ACTRESS in a musical PREDICTIONS  Apr 4 2019, 02:37:37 PM
As of the last tony meetongs king kong jad still not been included. If for some reason they arent then the potential nominees in leading actress musical is only 8. Which would mean only 4 nominees.

OKLAHOMA! Previews  Apr 2 2019, 01:06:29 PM
In the blackout he undoes his belt and zipper. Laurey freaks. Lights come on and u see him doing up his pants and buckling his belt. I dont think anything happened as she freaks out immediately.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.