Profile for LuminousBeing

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld LuminousBeing
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: LuminousBeing
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 4 - 20
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • PRINCE OF BROADWAY Previews  Aug 20 2017, 09:33:40 AM

[Sorry for the third post to conclude; my tablet screen started acting up and I wanted to submit before I lost everything I had just typed.]

So for me overall, I had a fantastic time at this show. Would it have been nicer to have a "connective thread" or specific emotional journey carried through the numbers? Very much so. Would it have been more interesting to hear a few  juicy stories from Mr. Prince instead of the one-liner intros? Absolutely. Could more effectiv

• PRINCE OF BROADWAY Previews  Aug 20 2017, 09:21:52 AM

--"Fiddler" - I loved Chuck Cooper's Tevye! He captured the world-weariness, the comedy, and the soul of this man whose only real desires include studying Torah, having the respect of his community, not starving to death, and not having his wife scream his ear. I especially enjoyed the reading of the lyric "screaming at the savants day and night."

-"Cabaret" - Okay, Brandon's Emcee made me completely rethink this character. Because Br

• PRINCE OF BROADWAY Previews  Aug 20 2017, 08:50:50 AM

I'd like to play the part of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition here. I mean no disrespect to any who posted negative reviews of the show here, as everyone's experiences are different and valid. But I had a thrilling time at this last night, and would like to throw some opinions out there on the positive side for anyone still considering getting a ticket to this piece after reading this thread. 

My seats were row J, all the way house left. Perfect view. (TDF.)  I'

• Should I bring old Playbill?  Aug 20 2017, 08:16:38 AM

I've brought items from actors' previous bodies of work many times and have always received positive reactions. E.g. I brought a Playbill from a National Tour of "Miss Saigon" to the "Hair" SD for Will Swenson (Chris). That had been the first big MT show I'd seen as a kid and the piece that hooked me on MT for life. Wil actually spent about five minutes looking through the Playbill with me, chatted about how that had been his first big professional acting

• Great Comet Rush  Aug 20 2017, 07:47:00 AM

I rushed "A Doll's House, Part 2" across the street yesterday. Arrived at 8:45 and there were about 30 people in line at "Comet." By 10:00, the line had stretched to about 60 people.

• What You Paid vs. What You Got  Aug 16 2017, 09:00:44 PM

$95 to sit front-end center for "Follies" with Jan Maxwell and Bernadette Peters. That was the first time I'd ever paid more than  $40 for any show. Worth every cent. $95 for front row mezz for "Pippin" just after opening. I paid $168 for front row seat seat right in front of the pie counter (and a pie) for "Sweeney Todd" at Barrow St - the side facing the orchestra. I believe it will be worth it!

• PRINCE OF BROADWAY Previews  Aug 13 2017, 09:34:43 PM

The $30 tickets are sold in advance if you're under 30. I think you can grab them at any time. Their regular rush tickets are $42.50 ($35+$7.50 fee) and they're through TodayTix. 

Thanks for the info! The "under 30" ship sailed for me, but it's good to know that this isn't an option before I arrive in NY this weekend. TodayTix it is, and thanks again for the response!

• PRINCE OF BROADWAY Previews  Aug 13 2017, 04:03:24 PM

Thanks to everyone for the reviews and commentary! I've decided to rush this on Saturday while I'm visiting from Boston. I've heard there are $30 rush tickets. Does anyone have experience with these? How early to line up/where the seats are located? Trying to decide on rush vs. TodayTix. Thank you!

• A Doll's House, Part 2 2.0  Jul 26 2017, 09:36:43 AM

I'm seeing it August 19th.

• Hugh Panaro to Succeed Norm Lewis in Sweeney Todd!  Jul 25 2017, 10:05:36 PM

MarkBearSF said: "AND Carolee Carmello will stay on as Lovett!
    Also, we saw David Michael Garry, who will be filling in between Norm Lewis and Hugh Panero. He was EXCELLENT.

I majorly splurged and bought tickets about a month ago in the front row right in front of the pie counter (when I thought I'd be seeing Norm). I'll be seeing Mr. Garry, and it's great to hear a positive review of his performance, since I was so looking forward to s

• Falsettos  Jul 13 2017, 02:34:06 PM

"Bald spot" to "hairline" was done during the production as well. 

• Falsettos  Jul 11 2017, 11:27:22 PM

Thank you for the reminder! My theater is showing it this Wenesday (sold out) and next Wednesday. Snagged a ticket for next week! I saw it twice from lotto seats during the run, and can't wait to see it again!

• Bandstand or Miss Saigon  Jun 17 2017, 12:58:47 AM

Depends on what you like. They're very different shows that provide very different experiences,

"Bandstand" has a (fairly homogenous) big band score, a "Lifetime Movie"-esque plot, great dancing, and Tony-winning swing choreography. Decent performances by the two leads.

"Miss Saigon" is a classic with a gorgeous traditional Broadway score, a harrowing and controversial storyline, and no big "dance" numbers ("Morning of t

• Seeking Pride Playbills  Jun 3 2017, 09:00:59 AM

Hi folks,

If anyone has any Pride Playbills that they don't want, could you kindly send them (or just the covers) my way? I'd like to use them in an art piece for display in my office for Pride month. (I'm a therapist, and the art will be seen by many of our families.) Happy to pay for stamps. :)

Thanks!

• A Broadway Musical That Got A Foreign Culture Right?  May 28 2017, 07:04:07 PM

"Invisible Thread," the criminally overlooked and underrated show that took place primarily in Uganda.

• Is Oslo worth it?  May 24 2017, 09:39:36 AM

I found the play to be dull, plodding, pretentious, and repetitive. Three hours of Israeli/Palestinian talking points screamed across the metaphorical aisle and into the audience with no dramatic tension or even genuine debate: 

--"You killed my people!"
    --"Well, you killed MY people!" "
    --"We want Jerusalem or we will keep killing!" "
    --"Ooh, great motivation, there! How about stop massacring our children and we

• Bandstand Rush Reports  May 17 2017, 12:14:23 AM

Having sat in boxes on both the left and right for "The Color Purple," I'd say that if you get the front box on either side, you'll have a fine view, but if you wind up in any of the boxes further back (especially with an inside seat), your view will be quite obstructed. I'd say it's definitely worth the extra $10 ($49 per ticket) for a full-view front mezzanine seat. I haven't sat in the side orchestra at the Jacobs, so I can't comment on whether it's wo

• Bandstand Rush Reports  May 14 2017, 12:25:02 PM

The dancing was definitely the highlight for me, and I agree, the leads (especially Corey) did a great job with what they were given.

• Jennifer Ehle Stagedoor?  May 14 2017, 01:17:10 AM

She came out after only 15 minutes, in case anyone was wondering. :)

• Bandstand Rush Reports  May 14 2017, 01:13:35 AM

Rushed this today at 5:30 (Saturday) after striking out at "Waitress" SRO and rush for "Glass Menagerie" and "Miss Saigon." Was told that general rush had been sold out, but I could get secondary rush on the side mezz for $49 or side orchestra for $59. I chose the former. Excellent full view from the second row of the front mezz, about 6 seats in. I wasn't impressed by the show, but the seats were terrific for the price and for how late in the day I got them!