Profile for willep

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld willep
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: willep
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 4 - 22
Favorite Show(s): Assassins
Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo
Curtains
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Equus
Guys and Dolls
Jesus Christ Superstar
Once
Red
Sweeney Todd
The Book of Mormon
The Producers

Favorite Performer(s): Gary Beach
David Bologna
Norbert Leo Butz
Jason Danieley
Gregory Jbara
Nathan Lane
Norm Lewis
Jesse L. Martin
Cristin Milioti
David Hyde Pierce
Mark Rylance

Currently Listening To: Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Riedel on more Comet Drama  Aug 9 2017, 12:33:12 AM

leighmiserables said: "Only surprising thing in the article is the last bit about Dave being "unpopular" with the investors. I understand how throwing the show's financial info out there wasn't the best move, but I hope it doesn't reflect on him negatively for any extended period od time. I need more of his shows being produced asap, and it'd be a shame if that one, well-meaning tweet keeps him from gaining backers in the future. "

&nbs

• Nicks Odaro?  Aug 7 2017, 11:14:54 PM

^beat me to it.

• METEOR SHOWER, Starring Amy Schumer, Takes the Booth in November  Aug 7 2017, 09:00:34 PM

I've never been remotely interested in Amy Schumer, but count me in those that is very excited about the rest of this cast!

• ISO Off-Broadway Great Comet  Aug 7 2017, 12:26:50 AM

I don't know if they sold posters, but I have been wanting a poster from the Kazino run forever. I don't remember them selling them, but I saw one on Pippa Soo's instagram once and have wanted one since.

• Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13  Aug 7 2017, 12:24:13 AM

I would be shocked if they didn't do at least one week post Oak/Ingrid. They know that they will sell some tickets if it is the final week, and it would give Brittain Ashford and Gelsey Bell a chance to return to their roles to close it out...and I would not be surprised at all if Dave Malloy came back to finish it out (perhaps Scott would go on for a performance or two).

• Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13  Aug 3 2017, 02:15:35 AM

chernjam said: "I'm sorry - was never interested in seeing Comet... but now I'm beyond done with this.  This daily drip of faux drama "Britain Ashford Confirms her return" (sorry I don't know who that is) feels more like desperation and has gotten annoying.   Will Mandy Pantinkin rescind his resignation next?  "

Except there is no "daily drip" as we haven't heard anything new this week, and that article

• Hadestown to receive a live cast album  Aug 3 2017, 02:07:06 AM

zedpi said: "I haven't seen the show but I loved the 2010 album. Did they cut "how long" and "if it's true" from the musical or are they just not putting it on the cd? "

They were in the show, just not on the album apparently. As I mentioned, strange tracks to cut as they are somewhat important parts of the second act of the show.

• Hadestown to receive a live cast album  Aug 3 2017, 02:07:05 AM

zedpi said: "I haven't seen the show but I loved the 2010 album. Did they cut "how long" and "if it's true" from the musical or are they just not putting it on the cd? "

They were in the show, just not on the album apparently. As I mentioned, strange tracks to cut as they are somewhat important parts of the second act of the show.

• Hadestown to receive a live cast album  Aug 2 2017, 07:06:26 PM

The more I look over the track list, the more disappointed it get about songs that I notice didn't make the cut. Really? No "How Long?" or "If It's True?" Those are kind of important parts of Act II. Ugh, I wish they would just release the whole thing digitally and not have to worry about fitting it on a disc. Of course, that being said I am still super grateful that we are getting more than the four song EP.

• Hadestown to receive a live cast album  Aug 1 2017, 06:47:04 PM

Yayyyyy!! I was honestly starting to think that with the upcoming production they just weren't going to release it. Count me as one for which this show was an absolute highlight of the year. I am bummed that it is missing songs, but that release just can't come soon enough. I've been itching to hear Patrick Page's "His Kiss, The Riot" again...

• BREAKING: Mandy Patinkin Withdraws from THE GREAT COMET  Jul 28 2017, 10:35:54 PM

This whole thing is such a shame. Count me in the camp who found this show to be something truly special. Seeing it Off-Broadway 4 years ago remains one of my absolute best nights of theatre going. It touched me in a way few to no other shows have. Did I expect it to have a long life on Broadway? No. But to have it end like this is a bit heartbreaking for me. Not too mention, how sad would it be if it closed with Ingrid's departure and poor Brittain, who has been with the show since

• Must see shows of Summer 2017?  Jul 26 2017, 09:39:17 AM

Lot666 said: "Come From Away

Groundhog Day

Dear Evan Hansen (good luck)

Miss Saigon
    "

Well, considering they said they already saw DEH, I don't think much luck is needed there.

• Films That Should Be Stage Musicals  Jul 7 2017, 11:15:34 PM

leighmiserables said: "Someone on another thread mentioned a Great Gatsby musical written by Dave Malloy, who actually started as a jazz pianist. I still think that's the most brilliant idea ever. (Even though someone asked him about it on twitter and he apparently...already sorta did? https://twitter.com/dave_malloy/status/880823083036286976)"

He ha

• Ingrid Michaelson to play Sonya in GREAT COMET  Jul 7 2017, 08:23:37 AM

paper_cliche said: "...The only exception I thought, ironically, was "Sonya Alone," which she seemed to tone down presumably because of the subtle nature of the song. She gave the piece justice for sure, but Brittain's version makes me think the song was written specifically for her."

It was indeed written specifically for Brittain. Glad to hear the good reports on Ingrid! I hope to catch her at some point during her run.

• Okieriete Onaodowan to Replace Josh Groban in THE GREAT COMET  Jul 4 2017, 03:48:17 PM

Rainah said: "I'm still agape they needed to include that at all. It's fairly obvious to me? Pierre is suffering depression, Natasha is waiting for her fiancee to come back from the war and then is seduced. In the end, they find solace in each other.

Like, my auditory processing skills are fairly poor and I still had zero trouble with no 'studying up'. I feel like people are trying to make it more complicated than it is.
    "

&quo

• Okieriete Onaodowan to Replace Josh Groban in THE GREAT COMET  Jul 4 2017, 09:30:24 AM

Nicholas Belton posted a short clip of Oak singing Dust and Ashes during his put-in rehearsal yesterday on his Instagram story. It sounds better than the bit in his Hamilton mash-up, but still not on the level of Groban or Malloy, personally. That being said, I can't judge a performance off of a few seconds, looking forward to seeing how he does, and I hope it is great. I'm surprised to not see any reports from Ingrid's firt night last night.

• Favorite Cast Recording of the 16/17 Season?  Jun 30 2017, 09:56:07 AM

For me it is Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812. In my eyes (and ears) that show is a work of art that works for me just as much as an album as the experience in the theatre.

I also really enjoy the Come From Away recording. I really didn't think that the album would get much play for me, even after seeing and loving the show, but I go back to it often.

Rounding out my top 3 would be Groundhog Day. I don't listen to it straight throug

• What is your favorite Tony Award winning performance of all time?  Jun 15 2017, 08:47:54 PM

The Other One said: "willep said: "The first two that come to mind for me are Mark Rylance in Jerusalem and James Corden in One Man, Two Guvnors."

Good choices, though oddly I would have given Rylance the Tony for the same season's La Bete.  I liked the play so much more.  Corden?  Perfection.  Sheer perfection. 
    "

I did LOVE La Bete as well. In fact, that was my introduction to Mark Ryl

• What is your favorite Tony Award winning performance of all time?  Jun 15 2017, 08:00:18 AM

The first two that come to mind for me are Mark Rylance in Jerusalem and James Corden in One Man, Two Guvnors.

• What's next for Rachel Chavkin?  Jun 12 2017, 04:52:18 PM

She's also been working with Dave Malloy on his next project, Moby Dick. I'm very excited about that one.