Profile for Marianne2

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Marianne2
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Marianne2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 6 - 21
Favorite Show(s): In the Heights
Mamma Mia!

Favorite Performer(s): Tom Deckman
Lin-Manuel Miranda
Karen Olivo
Sara Ramirez

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • BCEFA FLEA MARKET COLLECTORS UNITE!!  Sep 20 2017, 12:46:23 PM

Markie27 said: "I am surprised there's still no map of the booths . I really want to be prepared come Sunday and it's less than a week and still no map on their site! I can't wait. I'm so excited. It's my third year. And being a theater obsessed fan for me this is the most wonderful time if the year! "

I think they usually only post it a couple of days in advance. Like I never recall seeing it before Friday or Saturday. 

And everyone s

• Any have a 9 to 5 Cast Recording they want to sell?  Sep 19 2017, 09:22:40 AM

If nobody comes through for you before Sunday, I would be happy to see if I can find it at the Broadway Flea Market for you. Obviously I cannot guarantee finding it. 

• Can I get a free Playbill?  Sep 17 2017, 10:06:52 PM

If you just want a copy and it doesn't need to be signed, just write your letter to the stage manager. And remember to include a self addressed stamped envelope that is big enough to hold a playbill. 

• BCEFA FLEA MARKET COLLECTORS UNITE!!  Sep 13 2017, 11:17:33 PM

Stuff can run for less than a dollar to a few hundred dollars.  Sorry I can't be of much help there.  It depends on the item,  table,  and how much people are willing to pay.  

• Explain your favorite broadway show horribly.  Sep 13 2017, 10:22:12 AM

A bunch of people on airplanes get stranded in the middle of nowhere in Canada on the worst day ever. They become friends with the locals, even though many are illegally in the country. 

• Front Row Flowers?  Sep 12 2017, 12:38:59 PM

In all honesty, you'd probably be better off waiting at the stage door afterwards and giving them to the person there.I'm assuming you don't personally know this person? It just seems awkward to try to get someone's attention from the stage, especially if you aren't even very close to them when they are out there. And at the stage door you may get to talk to them longer and it will be more personal.

• Question about BroadwayCon 2018  Sep 10 2017, 10:51:58 PM

At the last one, they had programming until 11pm. You are not required to stay if you don't want to.  Like most people left around 10pm because they just had some bands that Broadway folks are in on the side. I stayed for those. Since we don't have a schedule of events yet, it's difficult to say what you should do. I guess wait to see if the evening programming is of interest to you or not. As I mentioned,  you are free to leave the convention and come back whenever, &nb

• Flea Market!!!  Sep 2 2017, 10:05:43 PM

leighmiserables said: "LizzieCurry said: "It was next to the Mormon table last year, right? With Newsies and Les Miz posters among the stuff? I agree; I don't think that's super common. Though it was pretty convenient."

I could've sworn there was more than just window cards forLes Mis, thoughI know they had quite a few items on the online auction, so maybe I'm thinking of that?

I figured at least Comet would have some

• Flea Market!!!  Sep 2 2017, 06:21:45 PM

I think it depends on when a show closes. Actually,  last year I think there was 1 table last year that was selling merchandise from shows that just closed.  I don't think it is very common or should be an expectation every year.

• 2017 BC/EFA Flea Market  Sep 2 2017, 01:12:16 PM

I saw that the autograph table list is going to come out after labor day. It was on their twitter account. 

https://twitter.com/BCEFA/status/903046033839677440

I can't wait either.  Well, I hope I'll get to go this year. My sister is expecting a baby around then,  so I may not go if it comes the day before.

• Shows with underwater sequences?  Aug 29 2017, 04:17:59 PM

What about Metamorphoses? I only saw a production at my college, but the play takes place around a pool. 

• Anyone have any experience at either of these hotels?  Aug 18 2017, 09:27:33 PM

ACL2006 said: "I hear the Hotel Carter is nice this time of year....blush

"

Is it even open now? I walked past there last Saturday and it was boarded up like they were doing construction or something. 

• Theater district restaurant suggestions?  Aug 12 2017, 01:19:07 PM

Bumping this up for a new place I liked. This is if you are just looking for something quick and don't need to sit as there are just counters and no seats. It's Los Tacos No. 1 on West 43rd across from the rear entrances of the Lyric and American Airlines theatres.  The quesadilla was fantastic.  And the salsa was really good too. Again,  they don't have a very extensive menu,  but you can get some good tacos for less than $5. And it also wasn't very crowde

• Broadway 53rd Seat Question  Aug 8 2017, 02:11:50 PM

I'm guessing you mean the Broadway theatre for Miss Saigon based on the thread title?

I have no opinions on front row mezzanine as I have never sat there.  But, the whole front section is probably fine. I was in row F seat 1,  and thought it was a good view. That's the last row of the front section with a walking aisle between that and the rear mezzanine.  

• Bad Theater Behavior  Aug 3 2017, 08:36:39 AM

I agree about late seating when it's a huge crowd.  I saw Wicked at the Boston Opera House a couple of weeks ago.  Everything was fine until after intermission.  Once the first song for act 2 was done, the ushers let so many people come back in to reseat. There had to be at least 15-20, maybe more.  How is that fine?

• Shows With Terrible Marketing  Aug 2 2017, 09:51:51 AM

Bandstand did have commercials at some point.  they didn't do a great job of telling you what the show was about,  but I remember.  

• Marquee  Jul 23 2017, 10:32:44 AM

phantomcrazy14 said: "I don't know if it's still there, but there used to be a sign for Daddy Long Legs on the side of the Davenport Theatre facing the parking lot (where on a side note, there seems to always be someone waving that orange flag without fail at all hours of the day)

"

I saw that last month and was thinking "Didn't that close already?" 

And I also think the Stephen Sondheim theatre still has the Hen

• Walk up at 7:50  Jul 22 2017, 08:27:09 PM

You can always try the Groundhog Day lottery.  That way you can enter in advance. And if you don't win, they usually have some discount code. And then you will definitely be guaranteed a ticket to something instead of rushing around at the last minute.

• Hello Dolly Seating  Jul 22 2017, 07:46:43 AM

^ I don't know about the Shubert,  but when I sat in essentially the same seat numbers in row D of the Ambassador mezzanine,  I felt like I was watching Chicago from backstage.  I was not told there would be issues like that.

At least here, they do say the seats are partial view. 

• Outside of the message boards  Jul 18 2017, 10:25:48 PM

Northern NJ where nobody knows. People seem to forget that Sussex County is the top of the state.