Profile for uncageg

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld uncageg
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: uncageg
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Profile: Live in NJ

Favorite Show(s): Altar Boyz
August: Osage County
Bent
Bombastes Furioso
Caroline, or Change
Curtains
Doubt
Into the Woods
Purlie
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The History Boys
The Homecoming
The Pillowman
The Wiz

Favorite Performer(s): Samuel Barnett
Michael Cerveris
Joanna Gleason
Gideon Glick
Celia Keenan-Bolger
Frances de la Tour
Audra McDonald
Dennis O'Hare

Currently Listening To: What's Inside (Waitress)

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • WAR PAINT Will Put its 'Best Face Forward' For the Final Time this December; Closing Announced  Sep 21 2017, 02:52:13 PM

I hope to see it again before closing but I went to the first preview, which was exciting, so I am fine if I can't get back.

• Book of Mormon Standing Room Question  Sep 21 2017, 02:43:03 PM

I pass by there a lot and the standing room line has not been long for a while. I did standing room for it when it first opened and the view is perfect.

• Jennifer Simard in  Sep 21 2017, 01:41:17 PM

JSquared2 said: "Two words --- Amy Sedaris"

That would be perfect.

• WAR PAINT Will Put its 'Best Face Forward' For the Final Time this December; Closing Announced  Sep 21 2017, 12:58:11 PM

Yeah, that dawned on me after I posted. But wondered why they even scheduled a performance for that afternoon.

• Jennifer Simard in  Sep 21 2017, 12:23:16 PM

Well, umfortumately it won't go into the space they wanted last year. Jersey Boys has that now.

• WAR PAINT Will Put its 'Best Face Forward' For the Final Time this December; Closing Announced  Sep 21 2017, 12:20:34 PM

I wonder whynthey decidedmom the Saturday evening performance? I am assumingmthey will take those Sunday matinee tickets off-sale.

• Broadway Queens  Sep 20 2017, 11:40:33 AM

Love Sutton Lee

• A Clockwork Orange (Off Broadway)  Sep 19 2017, 03:17:57 PM

theater_tech said: "Is there some sort of rush policy for the show? And should I watch the movie beforehand?"

Student Rush all day and then 2 hours before curtain there is general rush.  $29.00. They are also participating in 20@20.

I saw the movie years ago. Don't remember much. I just read a synopsis on Wikipedia and was fine.

• Jackie Hoffman's Tweet about Not Winning the Emmy  Sep 19 2017, 02:20:44 PM

Her facebook page while she was out there is a riot.

• Jackie Hoffman's Tweet about Not Winning the Emmy  Sep 19 2017, 01:23:32 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jackie-hoffman-reaction-lose-emmy-laura-dern_us_59bfd92de4b02da0e143a8cb

• Why is War Paint taking a week long break?  Sep 18 2017, 09:38:09 PM

Just looked for tickets on the 24th and a banner came up saying "Don't miss it. Only 6 days to go". I have not seen that when ordering advanced tix.

• Jackie Hoffman's Tweet about Not Winning the Emmy  Sep 18 2017, 03:48:45 PM

hork said: "smidge said: "Twitter is essentially the same thing as goofing around with your friends. You're not paying to read her tweets so she doesn't really need to bring her A game."

That's true, but, I mean, there are people on Twitter, who aren't professional comedians or writers, who are hilarious and extremely witty. And the OP did ask for our thoughts, so that was mine. I don't know, it just rubbed me the wrong way because sh

• Jackie Hoffman's Tweet about Not Winning the Emmy  Sep 18 2017, 01:21:32 PM

hork said: "Well, the tweets arenot funny. They're obviously jokes, but there's just nothing witty or humorous about them. They're exactly the kind of things I say to my friends when we're just goofing around. Do better, Jackie."

So, um.....nevermind.

• Jackie Hoffman's Tweet about Not Winning the Emmy  Sep 18 2017, 11:33:08 AM

I hope that doesn't get her in social media trouble because it's too funny!

• Best Scores From the Last Five Years?  Sep 11 2017, 12:11:02 AM

HTDobson,  matter of opinion. I an not a fan of a few you listed.

I would add Bright Star.

I also loved and was a bit obsessed with the score to "Nevermore...". I really liked the walk-in music a lot. Finally got a copy of the show amd walk-in music.

• Dave Malloy speaks on comet controversy  Sep 9 2017, 12:48:16 AM

I am with Bear and Dave on this.

I didn't follow this all from the beginning and had to do some backtracking. Quite honestly I think I am still a little confused over how it actually started.

I never saw this as a race thing and my thought is that those who started all of this were jumping on a bandwagon too late and not in a proper way.  This was obviously a thing to save the show. I think this would have happened to any actor of a

• A Clockwork Orange (Off Broadway)  Sep 5 2017, 02:54:12 PM

I was in row J 5 seats in center. What was wrong with ghe view from the 3rd row? The stage is so wide open I would suspect you could see everything except when the priest comes out and speaks from the side exit. And you can turn and see him.

• Come From Away limited view seats  Sep 5 2017, 08:10:31 AM

I like orchestra seats about 10 rows back. For this I would sit upstairs. I do not like sitting far left or right in the orchestra unless it is farther back. JMO

• A Clockwork Orange (Off Broadway)  Sep 5 2017, 08:03:58 AM

The screaming didn't bother me. They are a gang and then he was in jail with violent inmates. I expected it. And it wasn't really amplified. JMO

• A Clockwork Orange (Off Broadway)  Sep 4 2017, 11:56:54 PM

Just got back. You can see from almost anywhere in the theater. Personally I would suggest sitting around row H thru J in the center section. They use the side exits for entrances. I had a perfect view of everything.

It clocked in around 95-100 minutes. Lots of fight scenes and I figure that after the cast gets comfortable with them it may shave some time off.

I was impressed that they didn't seem to change slang for American audiences. The accents are good