Profile for nasty_khakis

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld nasty_khakis
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: nasty_khakis
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 1 - 8
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
Cabaret
Chicago
Company
Evita
Fosse
Grey Gardens
Gypsy
Hairspray
Into the Woods
Ragtime
Rent
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The Light in the Piazza
The Little Dog Laughed
The Mikado
The Producers
West Side Story
Xanadu

Favorite Performer(s): Laura Benanti
Kelly Bishop
Kristin Chenoweth
Christine Ebersole
Manoel Felciano
Barrett Foa
Sutton Foster
Tyler Hanes
David Hyde-Pierce
Cheyenne Jackson
Jane Krakowski
Leslie Kritzer
Angela Lansbury
Beth Leavel
Spencer Liff
Donna McKechnie
Bebe Neuwirth
Kelli O'Hara
Bernadette Peters
Chita Rivera
Gwen Verdon
Julie White
Patrick Wilson

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • John Stamos the next Willy Wonka?  Sep 18 2017, 04:01:43 PM

As someone who follows him on Twitter, he quotes that and other Willy Wonka quotes aaaaaall the time.

So it could just be that, or it could be a dream role since he clearly loves the movie and he's willing to do it.

• A Clockwork Orange (Off Broadway)  Sep 15 2017, 11:55:14 AM

It's homoerotic because it's pumped up boys dancing together in tight tank tops or shirtless.

They also portray all the female characters, sometimes as clearly women (in heels and pearls) and sometimes it's unclear the gender of the character they're playing. During a seduction scenes one of them men strips and there's a kiss at the end. It's not in the original text at all, just how they've cast and directed it.

• JOHN LITHGOW: STORIES BY HEART to Play the American Airlines, December 2017-March 2018  Sep 13 2017, 11:17:03 AM

Or at least DM it to me, sunset!

• Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018  Sep 11 2017, 01:44:35 PM

According to my sources one movie star was in the final 3/4 for South Pacific but LCT went with Bart's gut instinct of Kelli and didn't push the star on him. Supposedly, Jessica Biel was going to do Women on the Verge but dropped out in the final stages.

• Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018  Sep 11 2017, 12:28:18 PM

I actually think Rylance could be an interesting and completely different Higgins. It would be a complete experiment that would either work and shatter all molds of Harrison or be a complete disaster with people (older subscribers and the type) scratching their heads why the Higgins was so "off."

Jefferson Mays did something new with Higgins when he was in Pygmalion that I really was fascinated by. He was a completely spoiled "brat" man-child who was given a new

• Ethel Barrymore Seating  Sep 11 2017, 12:03:30 PM

The view from the rear isn't bad at all, but The Band's Visit is a very, very small and intimate musical. There are no production numbers you'd want to see the staging and choreography for. If it's the best for your budget, go for it, don't miss this show, but I wouldn't want to see it again from that far back since the show shines in subtle realistic moments.

• SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June  Sep 11 2017, 10:23:19 AM

I can see him being extra picky with this one's quality since it stands to sell very well and be a representation of the show for the future. 

• Famous ensemble members  Sep 10 2017, 09:52:28 PM

I WAS NEVER IN THE CHORUS.

• BERNADETTE is DOLLY - official  Sep 7 2017, 11:45:23 AM

I saw Charlie in Half a Sixpence in January and he's definitely full of appeal and charm. The character in Sixpence is similar to Barnaby so he'll fit in nicely. 

• BERNADETTE is DOLLY - official  Sep 6 2017, 12:03:25 PM

Rudin is by no means closing up shop and giving up. If anything, Bernadette provides a touch of legitimacy to the replacements, saying "if Broadway legends are replacing, so can you!" to potential stars. It also takes away a bit of the "following Bette" stigma that you could be unfavorably compared. 

It's easy for people to throw out names-- Beyonce! Gaga! Madonna! Reba! but these are stars who make more than a million a night in a concert. They'd t

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/3/17  Sep 5 2017, 03:52:23 PM

1)When the show sells Standing Room.

2)It's the highest ticket price offered, Premium Seats.

• What Went Wrong with HONEYMOON IN VEGAS?  Sep 5 2017, 09:41:51 AM

I actually think a lot of what makes flop vs hit comes down to hotel concierges either having "deals" with certain shows or just know the tourists coming in from wherever just want to be told "See The Wicked! You'll love it!" I know when I worked front of house people would ask me what else to see and they only wanted to hear Wicked, Jersey Boys, and Hairspray, even when I picked fun and upbeat family shows they'd say "What about the Jersey Boys? Is that good

• Ashley Parker Angel  Sep 4 2017, 11:29:07 AM

He's posted a copy of his script and a photo of a Wicked billboard. His Instagram is mostly thirst traps, that's true, but he's not a typical "actor" instagram that posts self-promoting "come see my show!" posts every day.

• What Went Wrong with HONEYMOON IN VEGAS?  Sep 3 2017, 12:52:43 PM

I think the "theatre location" excuse is similar to talking about "names" that sell tickets. There are stars that sell tickets, but only in certain shows. Put Cher in "Mame" and people will find "out of the way" and "undesirable" theatres. However, prime locations on 45th house flops all the time. I'm sure you can research and see that a certain theatre might have recouped more in it's history, but I doubt it's based entirely on it

• Favorite MotorMouth Maybelle  Sep 2 2017, 11:24:02 AM

I've always heard Jennifer Lewis did all the readings and workshops but something happened where she couldn't do Seattle/open on Broadway. I'm not 100% though, so I'd love for someone to tell the whole history. 

• Bernadette To Replace Bette?  Aug 24 2017, 09:11:33 PM

I keep hearing Peters is a "short" replacement for a few months and he's trying to woo Middler to return for a few months while still trying to book a Reba/Patti Labelle/Dolly Parton "event Dolly."

• Bernadette To Replace Bette?  Aug 24 2017, 07:24:27 PM

Discussing who is a "name" or not is always very interesting. There are very few stars who can sell out everything, very very few and I often think there's a good mix of star+particular role/show. People bought Nathan Lane in Addams but not Butley or The Nance. You stick Lisa Rinna in Chicago and she'll boost sales for 6 weeks, but she'd not sell our if say, she was in The Price. Jake Gyllenhaal turned a very fast profit in Sunday but Constellations didn't sell out a

• Bernadette To Replace Bette?  Aug 24 2017, 04:36:31 PM

They were voted the lovers almost every night Chita was on. It's kind of a pity, because voting Rosa/John Jasper gets a funnier bit. So does Nigel and Helena, obviously. 

• National Theatre: Follies  Aug 23 2017, 04:23:43 PM

I'd keep checking the NT Live website. They add screenings and update constantly. I'd even call your closest theatre that's shown other screenings and request it. 

I'm seeing the screening in NYC that Monday then flying to London on Tuesday to see it in person that Friday and I. Can. Not. Wait. 

• Why is War Paint Still Playing?  Aug 18 2017, 03:57:56 PM

bkersey said: "Because it's a fantastic show and people are buying enough tickets to make it run. I doubt it's a very expensive show to run."

Not true Large set pieces, lots and lots of costumes and wigs to maintain, ensemble, and Patti alone does not work cheap. Sure, she could be waiving certain things or taking pay cuts to keep it running, but she's making good money, car service to and from the theatre, and they're probably paying for an apartment