Profile for DAME

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld DAME
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: DAME
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 7 - 6
AOL IM: DAMEHUSSY
Favorite Show(s): Chicago
Parade

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Head of Passes LA  Sep 20 2017, 07:45:29 PM

Is this at the Taper?

• Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!  Sep 18 2017, 09:08:27 PM

poisonivy2 said: "If they're really going to film Bette in Hello Dolly! I hope they do so in front of a live audience. So much of the show is about breaking the fourth wall. Filming it with no live audience is like hot dogs without ketchup."

My guess is that is the plan.  With pick up shots during the week the show is dark between stars.   But is is a guess.   

• Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!  Sep 18 2017, 08:53:17 PM

"And I should mention, I have no issues with people who were unimpressed with Murphy or found her lacking. My specific issue is with DAME's petty dismissal of our Donna love or our Donna as Dolly love through a silly class-based argument that somehow manages to reframethe overwhelming love on this thread as a threat to Midler's legacy.""

Ha! If you read what I said you would see that I loved Donna as well.  I must have hit a nerv

• Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!  Sep 18 2017, 05:48:36 PM

Itonlytakesajourney said: "I'm not sure if I'm a "queen" of this thread or not, but Donna and Bette both give amazing performances. I'm partial to Donna, but whatever. Theprospect of filmingit with Bette sounds extremely exciting! The show is just begging to be captured in a professional way, not just on bootlegs and choppy curtain call videos."

I would say your one of the Queen Bee's!  But then what does tha

• Jackie Hoffman's Tweet about Not Winning the Emmy  Sep 18 2017, 02:13:09 PM

She was not very friendly to the PR people assigned to handle her this weekend.  

• Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!  Sep 18 2017, 01:17:53 PM

ren598 said: "If you're implying Bette might extend her run for another couple of weeks, I would be very disappointed. I think most people who paid a premium to be at her last performance would be very disappointed. Let's hope that's not the case."

Silly.. That is NOT what I am implying at all.  Bette's final performance in front of a paying broadway audience will be on the day announced.   And really.. I know nothing other than what I s

• Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!  Sep 18 2017, 01:06:47 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "^^wait... Bette is going to be doing another week or she doing a special concert during that week?"

I am leaving it at that.  But  Matthew Diamond who has done a great job in capturing many shows  and concerts for TV and works on a project I am involved with had been at the show a few times the week right before Bette's vacation.  Often behind the SRO with Jerry.     And that is all I know.. nothing else

• Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!  Sep 18 2017, 12:53:57 PM

"(though I have not seen Bette, but have also loved her on the small screen)"

And this kind of comment..  After going on about Donna.  I mean come on!!!!  What is the purpose of it?    Just a ton of blah, blah, blah.  

• Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!  Sep 18 2017, 12:50:09 PM

EthelMae said: "Guess I must be one of the five or so queens the poster here is referring to who posts all the time, so hear I go again!

I love Bette Midler in this role but let's face it no other Dolly, I bet, could get away with saying, "dumplings, lighter than air they are, well, I'll be the judge of that" and then tosses the dumpling into the orchestra pit! This isn't the line in the script and that isn't the stage direction for the dumpling!

• Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!  Sep 17 2017, 08:10:35 PM

jayinchelsea said: "Hate to be one of the only naysayers, and I do think that Donna is an amazing musical theatre actress, but DOLLY demands total star power as well as talent, and sadly Donna doesn't have that, imo. Yes, she worked very hard from the first moment, but the hard work showed. There were some really great moments, but not enough to carry the show. Best example was the title number, which began to feel kind of tired by the third time around. And the laughs just didn&

• How Much Longer Does WAITRESS Have?  Sep 15 2017, 09:30:43 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "^betsy was only out the 12th and 13th"

CMJ.;  my program insert says otherwise .  But I honestly wouldn't know the difference between the two since I am not familiar with either of them .

• Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!  Sep 15 2017, 09:09:39 PM
  • Kiss of the Spiderwoman revival?  Sep 15 2017, 05:21:09 PM

A0326T said: "Mandy Gonzalez as Aurora?"

NO!

• How Much Longer Does WAITRESS Have?  Sep 15 2017, 03:00:21 PM

I got a front mezzanie rush ticket last night 25 minutes before curtain .  It was full enough except for the extreme sides of the mezzanie and the very back.  I have a feeling the back of the orchestra might have also been empty.  Betsy wasn't on last night.  Show is still middle of the road stuff.  But enjoyable .  

• Bette Midler Falls During  Sep 15 2017, 12:36:10 AM

"Midler also tripped at one performance I saw leaving the hay and feed store singing Sunday Clothes. There's a step down leaving the shop and she missed it causing a slight adjustment to her stance."

Ethel,  that particular mishap is on one of the Boots floating around .  

• Waitress. Latest one can get rush ticket?  Sep 14 2017, 06:41:59 PM

Succes!  Front mezzanine row A rush ticket right in the center.  And real cute box office guy.  House is already open.

• Waitress. Latest one can get rush ticket?  Sep 14 2017, 05:10:12 PM

Thanks CT.  I'll approach the box office with those codes as backup.  I've been able,to,do very last minute rush for both bandstand and Saigon but went in with the knowledge I had read on these threads. 

• Waitress. Latest one can get rush ticket?  Sep 14 2017, 04:19:11 PM

Bump

• Waitress. Latest one can get rush ticket?  Sep 14 2017, 03:10:48 PM

Thinking of taking in Waitress.  But won't know if I can go till about one hour before the show.  Should I go straight to tkts?  Or should I stop by the theater and give rush a try? 

• Bette Midler - missed performance?  Sep 12 2017, 04:18:20 PM

Stage Left said: "Thanks! I've been waiting for months and will finally see it in October. I'm always nervous about these things."

Don't be nervous.  She prides herself on never missing.  She was given a award during her Vegas run for perfect attendance.