Profile for Kad

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Kad
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Kad
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 7
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'  Aug 17 2017, 04:32:24 PM

An agent wouldn't advise their client to quit. Doing that means they forfeit being paid out.

• THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'  Aug 17 2017, 02:04:21 PM

She would've probably gotten a second Tony nod out of Great Comet. The show launched her career and the role was tailored specifically for her- "No One Else" was even written for her.

• Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13  Aug 3 2017, 05:37:56 PM

I imagine a two week's notice will  be happening very soon. Based on what I've heard.

Either way, if you want to go back, or have been meaning to go, I would go as soon as possible.

• Dave Malloy commets on Oak's Leave  Jul 28 2017, 04:54:07 PM

Oof. I did not want my bitchy what-if to be Secreted into the universe.

• BREAKING: Mandy Patinkin Withdraws from THE GREAT COMET  Jul 28 2017, 04:47:49 PM

Both sides failed this show- the Kagans and their continued tonedeafness and the Twitter outrage hivemind that would rather score woke points that look at a bigger picture.

• Dave Malloy commets on Oak's Leave  Jul 28 2017, 03:53:13 PM

LizzieCurry said: "Kad said: "It'd be viciously ironic if Mandy withdrew due to the controversy and the production shuttered quickly, putting an entire diverse ensemble out of work."

Was this ever a rumor, or are you just being spicy?
    "

The latter, I assure you! I have heard nothing that even remotely suggests this is a possibility.

• Dave Malloy commets on Oak's Leave  Jul 28 2017, 03:48:55 PM

It'd be viciously ironic if Mandy withdrew due to the controversy and the production shuttered quickly, putting an entire diverse ensemble out of work.

• Dave Malloy commets on Oak's Leave  Jul 28 2017, 03:44:51 PM

Oof. Malloy is a very genuine, heartfelt guy- the emotion behind that is palpable.

• Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!  Jul 28 2017, 01:53:33 PM

If Oak were terminated- which can only happen, per union contract, with just cause- this would be an issue.

But an employer has a right to give their employee the work directive to not come in.

• Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!  Jul 28 2017, 12:07:23 PM

The idea that this was a decision based on race really seems primed to backfire. This is a show that represents the ideal of how casting should be, and that's been a guiding principle of Malloy and Chavkin from the start (and permeates most of their creative work as a whole). Great Comet gives performers of all backgrounds an equal opportunity- and now, with Patinkin, it seems this vision expands into age as well as race, and hopefully we will see it expand further and include trans or ge

• LITTLE SHOP Remanke starring Rebel Wilson and Josh Gad?  Jul 28 2017, 11:54:48 AM

I like Rebel Wilson as Audrey (in theory). The role works best with a weirdo.

• re: 'Angels in America' revival?  Jul 27 2017, 04:14:38 PM

I had assumed that Garfield wearing his boxers for the examination room scene was a choice for the broadcast, given how... awkward it looked.

• Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!  Jul 27 2017, 12:49:10 PM

Dancingthrulife2 said: " Moreover, Mandy's only got four weeks' time of rehearsal for a role that requires a very nuanced, intricate understanding of the character, the show, and the book; there's just so much in Malloy's and Tolstoy's writing that takes time to digest. I'm not questioning Mandy's ability as an actor, but it's unfair for him, as well as the audience, to undertake a role in four weeks that other actors take months to prepare.<

• Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!  Jul 26 2017, 12:56:30 PM

Pierre doesn't watch TV. The lyric "hours at my screen" does not refer to electronics; it most likely refers to an ornamental fireplace screen, which lessened the amount of heat generated.

Despite the anachronistic staging, the text of the show itself keeps the world firmly in 1812 in terms of references, etc.

• Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!  Jul 26 2017, 12:22:10 PM

While it is unfortunate Oak will not be able to close out his run in performance, he at least will be getting full compensation for that time. There's no evidence to suggest he is being forced out because the producers are unhappy with his performance or because of some just cause for termination. As trpguyy has repeatedly said, this is purely a moneymaking decision. Perhaps advance ticket sales for the coming weeks aren't good- perhaps any immediate bump from the Tonys and summer tou

• Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!  Jul 26 2017, 10:55:36 AM

People on this board are way too eager to read into things.

• Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!  Jul 26 2017, 10:47:05 AM

Uh... this is.... certainly a choice.

• Riedel on a new musical about Tom Jones  Jul 26 2017, 10:03:11 AM

I'm not surprised Riedel neglected to mention Bastard Jones... even though it wrapped up its run just two weeks ago or so and received positive reviews. It featured some really fantastic performances, too, that deserve to be seen.

This idea sounds... so stupid. A one-joke show, essentially.

Also: shame on BWW for just summarizing the Riedel article without mentioning Bastard Jones. You're a theatre site. Do better.

• So why is Prior Walter...  Jul 25 2017, 09:55:47 AM

Scripps2 said: "Thanks for that Kad.

I haven't read the script but I'm sure I've seen a production where the reference is to the Domesday Book and it seems to add a more ominous tone than the Bayeux Tapestry suggests."

Well, lord knows Kushner is a tinkerer when it comes to Angels.

The earliest version of the script I read was the edition released in conjunction with the miniseries, and that one definitely referenced the Tapestry.
    <

• Fathom Events:: Nathan Lane-Led ANGELS IN AMERICA anyone?  Jul 22 2017, 03:28:21 PM

Garfield has only referred to himself as heterosexual and had a high profile relationship with Emma Stone. Why doubt it?