Profile for CarlosAlberto

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld CarlosAlberto
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: CarlosAlberto
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 3 - 6
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Music Man Definitive Recording?  Sep 24 2017, 08:02:45 PM

bk said: "GavestonPS said: "Yeah, you can go wrong. Omit"My White Knight" and you are left with a rather thin score. Great noveltynumbers, but not much else.

Don't get me wrong. I worked with Shirley Jones and she is a lovely lady and very talented. But her Marian is one of a number of soprano heroines she did in a short period(Laurie, Julie Jordan, etc.). Cook's Marian is unique.
    "

Oh? Where did you work with her? Just curiou

• BERNADETTE is DOLLY - official  Sep 10 2017, 10:20:00 AM
  • BERNADETTE is DOLLY - official  Sep 10 2017, 08:36:01 AM

Dollypop said: "Thanks for all your feedback on the commercial. It was my first time out doing voice-oversaw and your comments have devastated me"

That commercial is just weird. LOL @ absolutely no mention of The Goodbye Girl. 

• Lily James - Pic from "Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again" set  Aug 26 2017, 08:35:58 AM

Filming began August 12th. Here is Lily James on set as young "Donna".  Alexa Davies is on the left, she plays young "Rosie".

Which ABBA songs are they using for the sequel, they pretty much used every single hit in the first one - what's left?

• Define a flop  Aug 22 2017, 06:51:56 PM

If a show does not recoup its investment on Broadway it is considered a flop. It's not that complicated. 

Oye DAME, como estas marica?!

• Define a flop  Aug 22 2017, 06:51:55 PM

If a show does not recoup its investment on Broadway it is considered a flop. It's not that complicated. 

Oye DAME, como estas marica?!

• Did ON YOUR FEET recoup?  Aug 20 2017, 02:42:28 PM

It will definitely do great on the road. On a separate note Merci and her husband Raul were not ousted from the group. Raul left and Merci left with him because they not only disagreed with the way Emilio was running the group but that he was pushing Gloria more and more into the forefront. Several other band members would leave the group because of this. Sadly Merci passed away at the age of 50 after a bout with pneumonia. 

• Did ON YOUR FEET recoup?  Aug 20 2017, 02:33:28 PM

Here are The Miami Sound Machine in one of their first television appearances on the Puerto Rican television variety show, "Noche de Gala". In it you will see the original configuration of the group with Gloria and her cousin Merci Murciano as co-lead singers.

• Holy Cabooses! Dollypop is 70!  Aug 16 2017, 02:33:51 PM

Happy Birthday sweetie. xoxoxo

• Hal Prince to revive original EVITA in Australia  Aug 12 2017, 01:18:19 PM

qolbinau said: "No casting announced. I would die if they could get Patti back. 

Yeah because a 68 year old actress can totally pull off playing a woman who died at the age of 33! /sarcasm

• Hal Prince's EVITA Aims for Broadway?  Aug 12 2017, 12:18:22 AM

The fact that some of you are delusional enough to even suggest  Patti LuPone in the role now is downright laughable. 

JUST STOP!

At this point she can only play Evita's GRANDMOTHER!!!

• ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Returning to Broadway  Aug 8 2017, 06:54:34 PM

SonofRobbieJ said: "The gender flip does break up the divide between the more nurturing, loving female gods and the more menacing, destructive male gods. It's not like I'm wildly opposed to it. I just hope there's some reason. Because "why not" is not a great reason for making casting decisions. 

I disagree insofar as I think 'well why not' can be a thrilling reason to cast someone, providing that the creatives can then deliver t

• THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'  Aug 8 2017, 06:47:51 PM

Man...they didn't stand a chance after all that debacle...

• Barbara Cook Has Passed  Aug 8 2017, 06:45:10 PM

Just got wind of this news and I am heartbroken! On my commute to work this morning "Glitter and be Gay" from Candide came up on my playlist. I had not heard it in a very long time and it really made my day because she possessed one of the most beautiful singing voices in the world. 

And now she's gone...

RIP dear lady. I hope you knew how many lives you've touched with your God given talent.

Your legend will always shine bright and live on. 

• Has Anyone from Dear Evan Hansen missed a performance?  Aug 6 2017, 02:14:30 AM

How pathetic are you to even worry about this. What the hell do you want? Do you need daily sign in sheets? Get lives. PLEASE!

• Thoughts on Cynthia Erivo  Aug 6 2017, 02:06:10 AM

Thoughts on Cynthia Erivo....hmm...I like her. I really, really like her. Anything else you wanna know?

• Martin Charnin and Annie  Aug 5 2017, 07:28:24 PM

That original 1970s staging sounds fantastic. I wish I had seen it! I'm only familiar with the films but from reading the original play - I like it so much better than the 1982 film. The inclusion of fivemediocre songs and relegating the show's signature song to the opening credits and an embarrassing little reprise between President, First Lady, Annie and Warbucks was just dreadful

• Gigi - 1973 production with Moorehead  Aug 3 2017, 06:54:14 AM

Sally Durant Plummer said: "Just on here to mention La Strada, which was based off the brilliant Fellini film and starred a young Bernadette Peters. It premiered on Broadway in 1969, so Gigi was not the first. I'm sure there were other works based on films, but I don't know any off the top of my head.

There were many, many musicals based on films before and after "Gigi" in 1973. 

HERE'S LOVE! based on "Miracle on 34th Street" -

• BREAKING: Mandy Patinkin Withdraws from THE GREAT COMET  Aug 3 2017, 06:34:47 AM

Because the article I linked came from a conservative news source doesn't make it any less valid. The bottom line is this had nothing to do with the race of the actor being replaced.

Some people need to sit back and analyze the situation before they go off making unfounded accusations that in the long run wind up causing more harm then good.

In this case someone saw that the black actor was replaced with the white one and made it about race.

The truth of t

• BREAKING: Mandy Patinkin Withdraws from THE GREAT COMET  Aug 2 2017, 04:47:05 PM

This had absolutely nothing to do with the race of an actor. It had everything to do with securing the longevity of the show by hiring an actor with box office clout to replace one that did not. That the actor who was being replaced happened to be Black had nothing to do with it, and as a man of color I am sick and tired of the race card being used in this kind of situation. This would have happened if the actor in question being replaced was white and had no box office clout. 

I