Profile for Broadway Joe

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Broadway Joe
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Broadway Joe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Dave Malloy speaks on comet controversy  Sep 8 2017, 03:39:59 PM

The too long didn't read version of that article is Oak and his Twitter friends suck. I won't be giving any of them my money for anything they do in the future. 

• Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017  Aug 30 2017, 09:17:46 AM

This system is so unnecessary and they say it fights bots and scalpers but if you go look on stubhub for imagine dragons there's just as many tickets for sale for this tour as the previous ones without this system. I really hope this nonsense system doesn't become the norm.

• JERSEY BOYS Will Return to NY for Off-Bway Run  Aug 10 2017, 10:13:02 PM

I really like New World Stages so I think it's disappointing to see this occupy one of the theatres there instead of some original new shows.

• Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017  Aug 9 2017, 06:51:47 PM

I did this for the Imagine Dragons tour and it's a bunch of bs. They want you to pre-order a bunch of their new albums or bother your friends on social media with referrals to get towards the "front of the line" to get tickets before other people. It's completely garbage but I wouldn't expect anything less from ticketmaster. This is not the way to avoid bots and scalpers.

I'm not seeing the Bruce show but I'll probably try to go to the box office for P

• THE EXORCIST to Land on Broadway in 2018?  Aug 9 2017, 05:37:43 PM

I would love for this to happen. It's not like there are many horror shows that come around so there is definitely a market for this especially for people who normally wouldn't go to see a Broadway show. I know it's harder to transition something like a horror movie into a threatre but I'd love to see an original horror type play at some point. 

• THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'  Aug 9 2017, 05:33:47 PM

I didn't read this whole thread yet and I don't care to place blame on anyone cause I saw comet and enjoyed it but I don't really care that it's closing. Just wanted to chime in that this guy Casal is an ass and I simply won't support anything he does (which doesn't seem like it will even be a hard thing to do) and so is Erivo, I won't support her either.  I put them in the same category of overreacting morons like that other ass Patti Murin. 

• METEOR SHOWER, Starring Amy Schumer, Takes the Booth in November  Aug 8 2017, 01:19:54 AM

Anyone see anything about when the box office will be open for this? I hate paying all those service charge fees for nothing. 

• VACATION TIME-DOLLY  Aug 3 2017, 12:17:02 AM

EthelMae said: "Well, hello Gavin! Back tonight! What a pleasure! Guess he's not out all week. 

"

He was great, I really enjoyed the show. My only complaint was there is such little leg room in the balcony but thats not the shows fault lol 

• VACATION TIME-DOLLY  Aug 2 2017, 07:52:32 PM

Looks like Gavin is in, my playbill only has an insert saying that Stanley will be played by Nathan Keen. 

• VACATION TIME-DOLLY  Aug 2 2017, 10:37:56 AM

I'm seeing the show tonight for the first time after buying the tickets, geez probably some time last year. It sucks but it is what it is. 

• Brendon Urie to Stop Stage Dooring- KINKY BOOTS  Jul 31 2017, 04:30:21 PM

I don't blame him for stopping this either, people shouldn't be rewarded for bad behavior it's just a shame that people have to ruin it for the ones who are well behaved. 

I've only done the stage door thing a handful of times for actors I really like and it was never any of this madness. Bryan Cranston still had the best setup that I've seen, security made us line up in a single line and said have your show related stuff only ready and cameras. There was 

• BREAKING: Mandy Patinkin Withdraws from THE GREAT COMET  Jul 31 2017, 02:35:06 PM

Lot666 said: "Huss417 said: "BroadwayConcierge said: "This is the biggest mess I've ever seen in my life. Oh my God."

Pick up a newspaper. The...President I think has this beat.
    "

You beat me to it; I was going to suggest that BroadwayConcierge have a look at The White House.

"

I had read that as the biggest mess BroadwayConcierge has seen Broadway wise but you would have to

• BREAKING: Mandy Patinkin Withdraws from THE GREAT COMET  Jul 29 2017, 07:06:58 AM

I visit this board frequently enough to think I'm rather informed but I had no idea who Oak even was and apparently I saw him in Hamilton after checking ibdb. If someone like me doesn't even know who he was how the hell was he going to sell tickets to the general public? 

I also have no clue who the hell Rafael Casal is but after reading his annoying tweets he's on my list of people to never support(the only other person on that list i

• Do You Remember Your First Time?  Jun 30 2017, 07:45:46 PM

Mine was the civil war, my mom got us tickets at the seaport tkts booth. I don't remember much about it but I'm sure I have the playbill somewhere. I didn't start seeing shows on a regular basis until 2010 though even though I've lived here all my life. 

• The Official TDF Thread  Jun 26 2017, 06:50:56 PM

BroadwayBeebe said: "Has anyone seen Miss Saigon through TDF? It says all seats in Rear Mezz and I want to know if that's really the case.

"

I had rear side Orchestra, great seats and show. I saw it some time last month. 

• TDF - War Paint  Jun 23 2017, 12:10:48 PM

The lottery seems like it's pretty easy to win as well, I won it on my first try. 

• Indecent Lives  Jun 23 2017, 10:06:30 AM

Were tickets already sold for this block of dates? If so did people get refunded already and now have to purchase them again? 

• Broadway 2017-2018 Season Preview: Which most interests you?  Jun 18 2017, 12:10:14 PM

The Minutes, I really enjoy most of Tracy Letts work so I'm really looking forward to this one. 

• Protest at tonight's performance of Julius Caesar  Jun 17 2017, 01:21:45 AM

leighmiserables said: "A new development: Andrew Kober (who was in the Hair Revival, Les Mis, She Loves Me, SITPWG..) got one of the disrupters to agree to debate with him on periscope next week. I doubt it'll happen, but if it does it'll be interesting to see. I follow Andrew on twitter and he's an incredibly intelligent/polite/fair person, and has been defending the production for a while now. I doubt he'll be able to actually change anyone's mindset, but it'

• Protest at tonight's performance of Julius Caesar  Jun 16 2017, 10:39:04 PM

Well that was boring. Was at least looking forward to seeing security tackle someone.