Comscore

New Musicals Showcase in the MyRaynesPark Festival, May 30

bob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Any lovers of new musical theatre writing - get yourselves down to Raynes Park (near Wimbledon) on Friday night (May 30)! As part of the MyRaynesPark Festival, Auburn Jam Music studio will be presenting a new musical theatre showcase featuring material recorded at their studio and vocalists who have recorded there.

Will Barratt (Jersey Boys, Sweeney Todd, Phantom, Les Mis, The Producers) and Nadim Naaman (Titanic, Chess, Margueritte, Phantom) will both be performing some of their own material.

And there'll be songs from new musicals such as Caroline Wigmore's Rip Van Winkle (recently a part of the new musical festival at the Landor Theatre), The Bakewell Bake-Off (also staged at the Landor) and Alexander Bermange's The Route To Happiness (a studio cast album of which is in the process of being recorded at Auburn Jam with Louise Dearman and Kerry Ellis).

Auburn Jam is where I do all my recording in London, so the showcase will also feature a couple of songs from Christopher J. Orton and my musical My Land's Shore - sung by Will Barratt and Shaun McCourt (Joseph, Miracle On 34th St) - and Joe Sterling (Honk!, The Jungle Book) will be performing songs from our musical Roundabout.

It will be an amazing night - would be great to see some Board members there supporting new musical theatre writing!

http://www.broadwayworld.com/westend/article/Naaman-Barratt-and-More-In-NEW-MUSICAL-THEATRE-SHOWCASE-May-30-20140525#.U4MymnFwbIU

THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol**** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz CallawayI(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand**** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)**** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert**** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends*** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!**** Zanna, Don't!**** West End Fest**** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time**** Julius Caesar*** Anything Can Happen**** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Forbidden Broadway**** Is There Life After High School? (Swansea)**** Dessa Rose***** Marry Me A Little***** Dogfight***** Bare (Edinburgh)**** 6 (Edinburgh)**** The Addams Family (Edinburgh)**** The Girl Who (Edinburgh)** Unfaithful (Edinburgh)***** Alba (Edinburgh)*** Connected (Edinburgh)**** See Rock City** The Apple Tree**** Edges**** Hamlisch**** Dogfight***** The Return Of The Soldier**** The Dreaming**** Mamma Mia**** Dr Scroggy's War**** Les Miserables***** Joseph***** Buddy Holly & The Cricketers (tour)***** Skyhawk (Swansea)**** The Scottsboro Boys***** Memphis***** Love Story***** Altar Boyz**** Into The Woods***** Buddy Holly & The Cricketers (tour)***** In Time O' Strife (NTS tour, Cardiff)****
Updated On: 6/8/14 at 08:43 AM
bob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
If you have not already booked for this and wish to come along tonight, tickets can be purchased at the door. So, if you're in London and free tonight - please come and support new writing and a worthy charity!
THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol**** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz CallawayI(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand**** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)**** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert**** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends*** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!**** Zanna, Don't!**** West End Fest**** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time**** Julius Caesar*** Anything Can Happen**** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Forbidden Broadway**** Is There Life After High School? (Swansea)**** Dessa Rose***** Marry Me A Little***** Dogfight***** Bare (Edinburgh)**** 6 (Edinburgh)**** The Addams Family (Edinburgh)**** The Girl Who (Edinburgh)** Unfaithful (Edinburgh)***** Alba (Edinburgh)*** Connected (Edinburgh)**** See Rock City** The Apple Tree**** Edges**** Hamlisch**** Dogfight***** The Return Of The Soldier**** The Dreaming**** Mamma Mia**** Dr Scroggy's War**** Les Miserables***** Joseph***** Buddy Holly & The Cricketers (tour)***** Skyhawk (Swansea)**** The Scottsboro Boys***** Memphis***** Love Story***** Altar Boyz**** Into The Woods***** Buddy Holly & The Cricketers (tour)***** In Time O' Strife (NTS tour, Cardiff)****
bob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
It was a brilliant night - lots of great new musical theatre songs performed and there were some truly amazing vocal performances.

I did some filming - so here are a couple of videos in case anyone may be interested:

The title song from Christopher J. Orton and my musical MY LAND'S SHORE performed by the wonderful SHAUN McCOURT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guh2kqWRYms&list=UUBRYBYiqHAZVYzZx_n2Mnew

A LONELY VOICE (also from the score of MY LAND'S SHORE) performed by the awesome WILL BARRATT (Jersey Boys, The Phantom Of The Opera, Les Miserables):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpabxtkQyRY&list=UUBRYBYiqHAZVYzZx_n2Mnew&index=7

And SHAUN McCOURT also sang a male cover of PERFECT (a female solo number from Christopher J. Orton and my musical BASED ON A TRUE STORY, which was recorded by REBECCA TREHEARN and features on my album WORDS SHARED WITH FRIENDS):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7t96viWV_Y&index=5&list=UUBRYBYiqHAZVYzZx_n2Mnew
bob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Here are 3 more videos I filmed at the Auburn Jam Live concert - all songs written and performed by my friend, actor/singer/songwriter Joe Sterling (Honk!, The Jungle Book). All three songs will be featured on Joe's upcoming second solo EP, which will be released on Auburn Jam Records later this year.

HELP YOU HOME:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H3conRcyQQ&list=UUBRYBYiqHAZVYzZx_n2Mnew&index=6

HOLDING YOU - duet with Leyla Holly (Les Miserables):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8NYBVAkX84&list=UUBRYBYiqHAZVYzZx_n2Mnew&index=4

S.M.I.L.E.:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixuG8vfJ-BQ&index=3&list=UUBRYBYiqHAZVYzZx_n2Mnew
bob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Here's another video of a performance at the Auburn Jam Live concert. The song, "My Angel", has music and lyrics by Jonathan Eio. (His performing credits include the role of Melchior in the UK tour of Spring Awakening, Jack in Into The Woods at the Landor and Will in the workshop production of Christopher J. Orton and my musical Based On A True Story at the Jermyn Street Theatre. He is also a prolific songwriter, with two solo albums produced and a third on the way. He was one of the featured singer-songwriters in SimG Productions recent "Emerging Artists" series of cabarets at Crazy Coqs - and he composed music for one of the songs on my recently released album, Words Shared With Friends.)

The song was performed by Michael Riseley (who will make his debut next Monday night as Montparnasse in the new cast of Les Mis at the Queens Theatre.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-PGGpOoZrE&list=UUBRYBYiqHAZVYzZx_n2Mnew

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Message Board

Playbills & Programs 2 Posts
Memphis West End 8 Posts

BWW BLOGS