Comscore

Coming to London

Candice Malkin
Swing
Coming to London
Posted: 5/24/14 at 10:40pm
Hi everyone. I am going to be in London in August and have already booked two of my three shows - The Bodyguard and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I need to book one more show - which should I choose: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night, The Commitments, or Thriller. My husband loves musicals but if Curious is exceptional, I will suggest that one to him. Also, please give me recommendations for dining in the threatre district. Thank you for your help.

Updated On: 5/24/14 at 10:40 PM
Theatrefan2
Chorus Member
Coming to London
Posted: 5/25/14 at 12:28am
You really do not have to order those tickets in advance. They are at the UK TKS booth pretty regularly. Check this link to see how regularly the shows are on.

http://www.tkts.co.uk/whats-on-sale/
ggersten
Broadway Legend
Coming to London
Posted: 5/25/14 at 02:00am
We don't know how Curious will look at its new home and cast. But, I saw it last September at its prior home and it is exceptional. I don't know how tickets are selling for August, but if you are looking only for one ticket, you may not have trouble. (But, there is going to be a Broadway incarnation shortly if that influences you on seeing it in London).
If your husband loves musicals, you should keep an eye out for what's on at the Union, Menier and Southwark in August. And there's a new show that just opened at the Prince Edward written by the guys who wrote Les Mis. People seem to like it very much.
Blethering Scot
Understudy
Coming to London
Posted: 5/25/14 at 04:36pm
Avoid Thriller, its really not a great show. Its popular with tourists but it really shouldn't be.
Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Coming to London
Posted: 5/25/14 at 05:28pm
Agreed with Thriller, although a real shame about Michael Jackson dying, as we wouldn't be still lumbered with this show.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** See Rock City** Guys and Dolls*** Wicked* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory*** The Apple Tree*** The Jersey Boys*** Miss Saigon***** Matilda***** A Streetcar Named Desire**** The Dreamling** The Play That Went Wrong*** The Phantom of the Opera**** Fully Committed*** Bedroom Farce**** (Salisbury Playhouse) Sweeney Todd**** King Charles III*** Here Lies Love**** The Vertical Hour**** Love Story***** Altar Boys*** Evita**** Next Fall***** Cat On A Hot Tin Roof***** (Tour: Royal Deansgate, Northampton) Memphis*** The Scottsboro Boys**** Shakespeare In Love* Neville's Island*** East Is East**** Evita**** Into The Woods*** Gypsy***** (Chichester) Billy Elliot***** Seminar*** Damn Yankees*** Teh Internet Is Serious Business***
Candice Malkin
Swing
Coming to London
Posted: 5/27/14 at 04:11pm
Thank you so much for the theatre suggestions. I will see what will be playing at those theatres. I did love Les Miz so that sounds particularly exciting.
If you have any restaurant suggestions nearby, please let me know!!!
Candice Malkin
Swing
Coming to London
Posted: 5/27/14 at 04:13pm
Thank you and to Phantom of London as well. I will cross Thriller off my list!!!!
ggersten
Broadway Legend
Coming to London
Posted: 5/27/14 at 05:30pm
Candice Malkin - the "new" show I was referring to is "Miss Saigon".
Candice Malkin
Swing
Coming to London
Posted: 5/29/14 at 09:11pm
Miss Saigon is a wonderful show. I have seen it a few times so I think I will stick with something new for me. It was a wonderful suggestion and I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it. Bring a lot of tissues!!!!

Advertisement

Message Board

Assassins 23 Posts

BWW BLOGS

Advertisement
Advertisement