Comscore

My Life With Albertine - Ricky Ian Gordon

AddisonMizner
Broadway Star
What are people's opinion on this piece? Did anyone see the original production at Playwrights, and has there ever been a proper production in London?
Theatre 2014: Putting It Together (St. James Theatre) ***** Candide (Menier Chocolate Factory) ***** Les Miserables ** Gounod: Faust (ROH) ***** Urinetown (St. James Theatre) ***** Ades: Powder Her Face (ENO at Ambika P3) **** Pacific Overtures (Union Theatre) ***** Marry Me A Little (St. James Studio) **** Miss Saigon **** The Book Of Mormon ****
nmlhats
Swing
I saw it at PH, and made a sort of special trip timed to be sure I saw it. Of course, Kelli O'Hara and Brent Carver were fabulous. I enjoyed it a lot, but it is what one would call a "difficult" musical. The music itself is very sophisticated and complex, and may not be everyone's cup of tea. And you've got to have damn fine singers to do it justice. Personally, I thought it was beautiful. As far as the book, well, it's awfully hard to compress all that Proust into a few hours. I don't know if anyone's ever even produced it since?? At least I had the sense to buy the cast recording.

Message Board

TKTS Urinetown 11 Posts
From Here to Eternity 2 Posts

BWW BLOGS

Advertisement