The Elaine Paige Show

rockyhorrorfan
Featured Actor
The Elaine Paige Show
Posted: 5/4/14 at 06:19pm
Just a heads up that The Elaine Paige Show starts on Wednesday 14th May at 8 p.m. on Sky Arts 1.
Deena Jones
Broadway Legend
The Elaine Paige Show
Posted: 5/4/14 at 07:49pm
OOOOH! Tell us more! whats it all about?
rockyhorrorfan
Featured Actor
The Elaine Paige Show
Posted: 5/5/14 at 04:58am
Elaine will be interviewing stars of the West End and Broadway. There will be performances from some of her guests and Elaine will perform too.
The Elaine Paige Show
rockyhorrorfan
Featured Actor
The Elaine Paige Show
Posted: 5/6/14 at 05:44pm
Guests will include Trevor Nunn, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Gillian Lynne and Herbert Kretzmer. Also appearing, and performing, will be Julian Ovenden, John Owen Jones, Douglas Hodge and Michael Feinstein amongst others.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
The Elaine Paige Show
Posted: 5/6/14 at 06:25pm
Good, sounds great, hope the show goes well and it is good there is something now for the theatre fan.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** See Rock City** Guys and Dolls*** Wicked* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory*** The Apple Tree*** The Jersey Boys*** Miss Saigon***** Matilda***** A Streetcar Named Desire**** The Dreamling** The Play That Went Wrong*** The Phantom of the Opera**** Fully Committed*** Bedroom Farce**** (Salisbury) Sweeney Todd**** King Charles III***
rockyhorrorfan
Featured Actor
The Elaine Paige Show
Posted: 5/12/14 at 10:27am
Have to say I really enjoyed the first episode. Guests were Julian Ovenden (who performed Something Coming), Dame Gillian Lynne and Leigh Zimmerman (who performed Adelaide's Lament). Elaine opened the show with Magic To Do and closed with Hymn A L'Amour (If You Loved Me). There was also a performance by an Arts Ed student (each show will feature a student from Arts Ed or Mountview).
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
The Elaine Paige Show
Posted: 5/12/14 at 12:04pm
Oh, didn't know it had already aired - thought the first show was on this coming Wednesday?
THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol**** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz CallawayI(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand**** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)**** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert**** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends*** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!**** Zanna, Don't!**** West End Fest**** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time**** Julius Caesar*** Anything Can Happen**** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Forbidden Broadway**** Is There Life After High School? (Swansea)**** Dessa Rose***** Marry Me A Little***** Dogfight***** Bare (Edinburgh)**** 6 (Edinburgh)**** The Addams Family (Edinburgh)**** The Girl Who (Edinburgh)** Unfaithful (Edinburgh)***** Alba (Edinburgh)*** Connected (Edinburgh)**** See Rock City** The Apple Tree**** Edges**** Hamlisch**** Dogfight***** The Return Of The Soldier**** The Dreaming**** Mamma Mia**** Dr Scroggy's War**** Les Miserables*****
Stewart A
Stand-by
The Elaine Paige Show
Posted: 5/12/14 at 12:48pm
If you have a Sky you can get it in demand I think.
hanschens
Stand-by
The Elaine Paige Show
Posted: 5/12/14 at 02:04pm
I went to a taping of one of the episodes (I'm not sure which episode it is in the running order) and it was an interesting evening, if a little awkward at points due to one of the guests....
Parsley
Featured Actor
The Elaine Paige Show
Posted: 5/12/14 at 04:51pm
Just watched the first episode. She gave an "interesting" (ahem) version of "Magic to Do" from Pippin at the start, and a better singing with "if you love me" at the end

Julian Ovenden, Leigh Zimmerman, Gillian Lynne as guests. Not a bad programme although it seemed a bit rushed. she is a decent interviewer and there were some rather interesting anecdotes from her guests in places

Updated On: 5/12/14 at 04:51 PM
rockyhorrorfan
Featured Actor
The Elaine Paige Show
Posted: 5/12/14 at 06:11pm
As Stewart A said the first episode is available through On Demand on Sky. I think they only do it with the first episode so the rest of the series will have to be watched in it's Wednesday night timeslot.
TBFL
Featured Actor
The Elaine Paige Show
Posted: 5/12/14 at 07:14pm
Her interview with Gillian Lynn was awful. She didnt let her speak and just spoke at her...
lotiloti
Leading Actor
The Elaine Paige Show
Posted: 5/15/14 at 12:49pm
I'm sorry, I thought it was very poor. No depth to the interviews, just gossip. I shouldn't have expected anything else, really.
Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
The Elaine Paige Show
Posted: 5/16/14 at 04:20am
I thought it was pretty good, I liked how she brings her knowledge and experience to the interviews instead of just some random presenter with no background. It did feel a bit rushed but overall it was good to have something theatre related on TV

Only negative for me was the dark set and lighting.

Im not sure why people would expect 'in depth' on a chat show.

Also being repeated on Sky One

I would also say that the excellent 'Great West End Theatres' series has received higher than expected viewing figures so hopefully that will be back for a second series
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
The Elaine Paige Show
Posted: 5/16/14 at 06:10am
^ I think I watched that over Christmas, is that the one presented by Donald Sinden, don't think we have our wires crossed?
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** See Rock City** Guys and Dolls*** Wicked* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory*** The Apple Tree*** The Jersey Boys*** Miss Saigon***** Matilda***** A Streetcar Named Desire**** The Dreamling** The Play That Went Wrong*** The Phantom of the Opera**** Fully Committed*** Bedroom Farce**** (Salisbury) Sweeney Todd**** King Charles III***
rockyhorrorfan
Featured Actor
The Elaine Paige Show
Posted: 5/16/14 at 06:38pm
Yes, Great West End Theatres was the show presented by Donald Sinden. There was originally meant to be a lot more theatres in the series but only those shown on tv were released on DVD. Don't know what happened to the rest.
sallyann
Chorus Member
The Elaine Paige Show
Posted: 5/27/14 at 11:40am
My understanding is there is to be a second series of the Great West End Theatres.
rockyhorrorfan
Featured Actor
The Elaine Paige Show
Posted: 5/28/14 at 06:10pm
Thought Elaine was completely unsuited to Everybody Says Don't but she made up for it by performing With One Look at the end.

Maureen Lipman was very entertaining as always. Enjoyed Hannah Waddingham and Clive Rowe.

I wasn't impressed by the student's performance. Sounded like she was overacting.
sallyann
Chorus Member
The Elaine Paige Show
Posted: 6/4/14 at 04:58am
I quite enjoy the backstage tales. Mice in costumes and peeing in the wings!
rockyhorrorfan
Featured Actor
The Elaine Paige Show
Posted: 6/11/14 at 05:30pm
Thought tonight's episode was great. Just a shame the last episode next week is just highlights from the series.
Spotlight61
Leading Actor
The Elaine Paige Show
Posted: 7/13/14 at 05:23pm
It felt as though all her guests were there to pay homage to Elaine Paige.

She doesn't possess a natural ability to ask questions of her guests and listen to the answer. Perhaps having too many guests doesn't help the format.

I liked the students getting a chance to perform but some of their performances were too forced and not very good.

What did seem odd about the recoding of the show at The Riverside Studios, was that the studio audience always seemed to be behind the performers, only ever seeing their backs perform. Was that so?

Message Board

Assassins cast 28 Posts

BWW BLOGS