Broadway Star
Miss Saigon Previews
Posted: 4/30/14 at 06:02pm
Is anyone going???
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Miss Saigon Previews
Posted: 4/30/14 at 06:50pm
I'm still betting that the helicopter is going to be a projection. I can't wait to find out one way or the other.
That's right! Underscore mother-fu@#ers!
ggersten
Broadway Legend
Miss Saigon Previews
Posted: 4/30/14 at 07:52pm
We're not going till May 20 - the night supposedly before Press Night.
kirsty24601
Swing
Miss Saigon Previews
Posted: 4/30/14 at 08:00pm
I am going on the 3rd May!! I am excited got a seat in a loge and I cannot wait to hear the beautiful score again!
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Miss Saigon Previews
Posted: 4/30/14 at 08:08pm
I'm going during the first week, I've never seen the original production so I'm looking forward to it,
SuperSecretBoyband
Swing
Miss Saigon Previews
Posted: 4/30/14 at 09:41pm
I'm going to the matinee on 17th May, and I have a friend going to the first preview.
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Miss Saigon Previews
Posted: 5/1/14 at 05:03am
I can absolutely assure you the helicopter is not just a projection. If that is important.
ggersten
Broadway Legend
Miss Saigon Previews
Posted: 5/1/14 at 05:26am
On the website, as I post this, there are four seats left for the first preview. The last two seats on the sides in the last row of the stalls. Price 47.25

Fair number of seats available on Monday evening. Lots of 47.25 seats in the grand circle for Tuesday and even five 22.25 seats up there along the side.

Updated On: 5/1/14 at 05:26 AM
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Miss Saigon Previews
Posted: 5/1/14 at 05:36am
SuperSecretBoyband, I will also be at the matinee on the preview of the 17th :) going with my mum :) ill look out for you :)
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Miss Saigon Previews
Posted: 5/1/14 at 05:57am
Is it looking likely that the first preview will go ahead? This is a Cameron Mackintosh show!

2014 Theatre: Strangers on a Train 3.5 * From Here To Eternity 3.5* Stephen Ward ***** The Full Monty ***** Fiddler on the Roof (UK Tour) *** Stephen Ward ***** Jersey Boys ***** Blithe Spirit ***** Wicked (UK Tour) *** Arcadia ** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels *** Urinetown ***** Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 3.5* Other Desert Cities **** Birdland **** The Phantom of the Opera **** Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake ***** In The Heights ***** Miss Saigon **** Clarence Darrow *****
Updated On: 5/1/14 at 05:57 AM
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Miss Saigon Previews
Posted: 5/1/14 at 07:30am
I see no reason, why the first won't go ahead, saying that I will have to double check my last train though.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar***
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Miss Saigon Previews
Posted: 5/1/14 at 07:33am
Just if there happens to be a problem with the set - you can never guarantee it!
2014 Theatre: Strangers on a Train 3.5 * From Here To Eternity 3.5* Stephen Ward ***** The Full Monty ***** Fiddler on the Roof (UK Tour) *** Stephen Ward ***** Jersey Boys ***** Blithe Spirit ***** Wicked (UK Tour) *** Arcadia ** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels *** Urinetown ***** Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 3.5* Other Desert Cities **** Birdland **** The Phantom of the Opera **** Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake ***** In The Heights ***** Miss Saigon **** Clarence Darrow *****
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Miss Saigon Previews
Posted: 5/1/14 at 07:52am
It's on schedule at the moment
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Miss Saigon Previews
Posted: 5/1/14 at 10:29am
The down force from the wind of the helicopter is playing havoc with the microphones apparently.

As I put cryptically in my las post I do expect there to be problems with the set and the show to be stopped.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar***
thespian geek
Broadway Legend
Miss Saigon Previews
Posted: 5/1/14 at 11:11am

Looks like they will also have day seats available!

ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Miss Saigon Previews
Posted: 5/1/14 at 11:45am
Shouldn't they be used to wind related problems by now?
busylizzie238
Chorus Member
Miss Saigon Previews
Posted: 5/1/14 at 04:52pm
If anyone does get the day seats would they be able to comment afterwards on where it is and how good the view was? When I saw Jersey Boys at the Prince Edward Theatre the view from the front row was quite restricted because the stage was so high. I imagine because on the delfont mackintosh website all the front row tickets are unavailable that its those ones that they've held back to sell on the day, but I may be wrong.
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Miss Saigon Previews
Posted: 5/1/14 at 05:28pm
It should be less extreme than Jersey Boys because this production uses an orchestra pit, but will probably still be restricted.
jaqs
Broadway Star
Miss Saigon Previews
Posted: 5/2/14 at 06:31am
I'm going on the 17th. Glad about the dayseat news, if I like it, though imagine it will be an early start.
ggersten
Broadway Legend
Miss Saigon Previews
Posted: 5/3/14 at 03:26am
At 815 I am ninth in line for dayseats for first preview
ggersten
Broadway Legend
Miss Saigon Previews
Posted: 5/3/14 at 06:45am
So, here's the day ticket information from this morning.
Cash or card ok.
Can buy one or two tickets.
There were 23 front row seats for this morning. They were still adding seats to the theatre, but didn't know how many, so wouldn't sell them. They did expect several returns from producers and creatives, but no guarantees. So people were encouraged to stay or come back. There were probably 25-30 people in line total. Given that they just announced day ticket sales, that's not too bad.
Now for the real nitty gritty. Photo ID is essential You receive a voucher for 1 or 2 tickets. The person with the photo ID must come to the show. Day tickets will be handed out 15 minutes before the show starts - ID will be checked - signatures will be checked. The gentleman said "day tickets are for the real fans. we're trying to cut down on scalpers".
Gentleman said that the stage is not high and front row will have a pretty clear view "not like Jersey Boys where you looked up their nostils"
Dress rehearsal last night, he said, went clean with no stoppages.
We have 3 tickets for tonite.
We are excited.
sparepart973
Featured Actor
Miss Saigon Previews
Posted: 5/3/14 at 07:40am
WOW the photo ID thing is interesting. I wonder if they accept international IDs as well? I'm in London all the time but am not based there. Got my driver's license but not about to walk around with my passport.
ggersten
Broadway Legend
Miss Saigon Previews
Posted: 5/3/14 at 07:46am
We used our US drivers licenses. There were some other Americans using their drivers licenses and some Italians using some photo id that was not a passport. So, you should be good.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Miss Saigon Previews
Posted: 5/3/14 at 08:04am
Where are you sitting? I pop over and say hello, if I get a chance.

Congratulations on securing your day tickets.

Scalpels are the scourge of our society and I entirely include Ticketmaster's 'Get Me In' and 'Starhub' in this. I have colleagues who go to football regularly and they say they see the scalpels there all the time and the law doesn't do a thing.
ggersten
Broadway Legend
Miss Saigon Previews
Posted: 5/3/14 at 08:23am
I will be in the Front Row - supposedly close to center, but don't have the actual ticket yet. So, that's all I know. I will be a silver haired dude.
sparepart973
Featured Actor
Miss Saigon Previews
Posted: 5/3/14 at 12:19pm
To all of our showqueen friends attending tonight, please let us know how it goes! SO excited! I'm seeing it in the first week of June... me, myself and my kleenex, that is.

Page:

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Message Board

BWW BLOGS