USHERS: The Front Of House Musical

gary.steel
Swing
Posted: 3/3/14 at 05:34am
I seen Ushers back in December for the world premiere what a great piece of new musical theatre, the show is transferring to the Charing Cross Theatre this week. I highly recommend you go see it is so funny and it is very stagey!

The show is about people who work front of house in a theatre and some of them are out of work actors waiting for their big break but in the main time have to sell ice creams to get by. Songs are very catchy and fun (they have a cast recording out soon but listen to some tracks at http://www.simongreiff.com/simgproductions/Records/Ushers.html)

Cast include Dan Buckley, Ceris Hine, Carly Thoms, Liam Ross-Mills, Ralph Bogard, Ross Mcneil

I really do urge you not to miss this show it is hilarious (even if you aren't an usher)

Updated On: 3/3/14 at 05:34 AM
jaqs
Broadway Star
Posted: 3/3/14 at 05:55am
I'm going on Friday, looking forward to it.
gary.steel
Swing
Posted: 3/3/14 at 06:49am
Me too.. See you there :)
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/3/14 at 06:50am
I do my best to get along to this.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** Rock City**
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/3/14 at 07:44am
Just looked at start times and noticed this doesn't start until a god awful untimely 10:15, which is too late, if this runs like a conventional musical , I won't be out until nearly 1am.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** Rock City**
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/3/14 at 09:04am
POL - I saw Ushers when it was up in Islington at the Hope Theatre - running time was around 75 minutes. It may have been developed a bit more for the transfer but I'm pretty sure you'll be from there by 11.45. at the latest.

I loved it at the Hope - fresh, funny, clever and thoroughly enjoyable.

The cast recording is available to pre-order from SimG Records: http://www.simongreiff.com/simgproductions/Records/Ushers.html
(you can listen to some songs on the webpage)

THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol**** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz Callaway I(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand**** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)**** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert**** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends*** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!**** Zanna, Don't!**** West End Fest**** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time**** Julius Caesar*** Anything Can Happen**** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Forbidden Broadway**** Is There Life After High School? (Swansea)**** Dessa Rose***** Marry Me A Little***** Dogfight***** Bare (Edinburgh)**** 6 (Edinburgh)**** The Addams Family (Edinburgh)**** The Girl Who (Edinburgh)** Unfaithful (Edinburgh)***** Alba (Edinburgh)*** Connected (Edinburgh)**** See Rock City** The Apple Tree**** Edges**** Hamlisch****
Updated On: 3/3/14 at 09:04 AM
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/3/14 at 12:31pm
I like to see several small British musicals a year. that is where the future of british musicals is, I wouldn't hesitate to champion British theatre, if the showw is that good. Incidentally Sleeping Arrangements in one of the best things I saw last year, conversely I have just seen A-Z of Mrs P and enough has been said already.

I have no problem seeing 'Ushers', its just a weird and awkward time to see a show, obviously the Charing Cross Theatre are maximising their revenue streams and will have a show on before this, the only time I will see this, if I can see something else before hand, which needs to finish at 9:45, I need time for a coffee to clear my head and refocus, very few shows will be able to do that.
gary.steel
Swing
Posted: 3/4/14 at 06:19am
Phanton Of London - Urinetown finishes around that time! it says 90 min including interval so bob8rich would be right in saying that it should finish around 11:45, I heard they went through rewrites and developed it more which I'm so excited to see!
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/27/14 at 09:15am
"By public demand", USHERS has now added an extra matinee performance on Friday, April 11 at 3pm!

POL - hopefully you'll be able to catch this performance, depending on your shift. It would be a shame if you have to miss this show. It's too good to miss!
THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol**** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz Callaway I(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand**** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)**** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert**** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends*** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!**** Zanna, Don't!**** West End Fest**** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time**** Julius Caesar*** Anything Can Happen**** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Forbidden Broadway**** Is There Life After High School? (Swansea)**** Dessa Rose***** Marry Me A Little***** Dogfight***** Bare (Edinburgh)**** 6 (Edinburgh)**** The Addams Family (Edinburgh)**** The Girl Who (Edinburgh)** Unfaithful (Edinburgh)***** Alba (Edinburgh)*** Connected (Edinburgh)**** See Rock City** The Apple Tree**** Edges**** Hamlisch****
gary.steel
Swing
Posted: 4/27/14 at 10:57am
Just seen that it has extended for another 4 weeks at the Charing Cross Theatre.

Playing at 8pm, What a great step for this little musical playing Off-West End.. We need more like this!
RunFreedomRun
Swing
Posted: 4/27/14 at 01:12pm
So glad to see this has extended for a bit cause I never got to see it last time, but has the cast changed? I saw that the casting director was talking about open auditions recently on twitter!
2014 Shows: Cats (Tour) ***, Book of Mormon *****, Matilda (x2) *****, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (x3) ****, Stephen Ward (x2) ***, Happy Days (Tour) ***, I Can't Sing ****, Mamma Mia ***, Urinetown (x2) *****, Wicked *****
gary.steel
Swing
Posted: 4/29/14 at 07:03pm
I seen the breakdown on spotlight couple of weeks ago and it was only for one role.. so it should still be the same cast except one.
nmlhats
Swing
Posted: 5/31/14 at 12:36pm
I am FoH in Dallas...wish this show would be produced by someone here!

Message Board

Buyer and Cellar 1 Posts

BWW BLOGS