Teaser of song FOREVER from new musical SHADOW ON THE SUN on soundcloud

bob8rich
Broadway Legend
I have been writing and developing the musical SHADOW ON THE SUN for a few years with composer Omri Lahav and co-librettist/lyricist Jimmy Granstrom. A website for the show is currently under construction and we will be showcasing some songs from the show at concerts in London in a couple of months. But, here's a teaser of one of the songs, FOREVER (the complete song, fully orchestrated, will feature on my upcoming album WORDS SHARED WITH FRIENDS, to be released on iTunes on April 14).

Vocals are by the wonderful SHAUN McCOURT (those of you who may have been lucky enough to see one of his performances on tour as Joseph will know how fantastic he is) and the amazing JODIE STEELE (you may have seen her performing the title song from FAME on The One Show a week or so ago - she will be playing Carmen in the upcoming UK tour - or in 2013 as Mimi in RENT at the Tabard Theatre or Ivy in BARE at the Greenwich Theatre).

https://soundcloud.com/bobwordsmith/forever-teaser

SHADOW ON THE SUN is a "sci-fi musical within a musical". It tells the story of a junkie drop-out best selling science fiction novelist and the story of the sci-fi novel he is trying to write. The novel is set in a world with a "shadow on the sun", where people live in total darkness and suicide is commonplace in the teenage population. The song "Forever" is sung by two teenage lovers before they try to snatch the eternal out of the desperately fleeting when they make love while contemplating taking their own lives..............

THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol***** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz Callaway I(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand***** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert***** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends**** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good -When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!*****. Zanna, Don't!***** West End Fest***** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures *****
Updated On: 2/18/14 at 10:19 AM

Message Board

Miss Saigon Previews 116 Posts

BWW BLOGS