Chichester's Turn

Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Chichester's Turn
Posted: 2/13/14 at 07:07pm
According to Baz

It's Rose’s turn! The much-discussed Gypsy, with Imelda Staunton as Rose and Jonathan Kent directing, will run at the Chichester Festival Theatre for a limited season from early October.
Kevin Whately is in final talks to play the much put upon Herbie, who gets steam-rollered by the hard-charging Rose. Lara Pulver is in talks about playing Louise Hovick, who grows into famous stripping artist Gypsy Rose Lee. (For those of you who don’t know musical theatre history, Gypsy’s really all about Rose, the mother.)
In another Chichester show, Sophie Thompson and Peter Polycarpou are in negotiations about being in Guys And Dolls.

2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy*****
Musicaldudepeter
Broadway Star
Chichester's Turn
Posted: 2/14/14 at 01:40pm
Would love to see it transfer to the West End
rockyhorrorfan
Stand-by
Chichester's Turn
Posted: 2/17/14 at 12:33pm
An actor friend told me Guys And Dolls will star Carlos Acosta and be directed by Andrew Wright.

Message Board

BWW BLOGS