WORDS SHARED WITH FRIENDS launch concert for the album of songs with my lyrics at the Leicester Square Theatre Lounge April 13

bob8rich
Broadway Legend
It's official! WORDS SHARED WITH FRIENDS, an album of songs with my lyrics and music by numerous composers from around the world I have been privileged to have worked with over the last 12 years, will be released on iTunes on April 14. And there will be a live album launch concert at the Leicester Square Theatre Lounge on Sunday April 13.

A number of the awesome vocalists who recorded songs on the album will be performing songs live at the concert, including:
REBECCA TREHEARN (Ghost, Love Story, We Will Rock You)
CAROLYN MAITLAND (From Here To Eternity, Kiss Me Kate, Legally Blonde - and soon to be seen as 1st Cover Ellen in Miss Saigon)
SHAUN McCOURT (Miracle on 34th Street, Joseph & the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat)
KIERAN BROWN (Pipe Dream, Phantom, Wicked, Love Never Dies)
JORDAN LEE DAVIES (The Secret Garden, BBC One's The Voice)

They will be joined by special guest performer, the incredible KEITH RAMSAY (who played the title role in Don Black & John Barry's Billy at the Union Theatre in 2013 and whose TV credits include New Tricks and the soon-to-be-seen BBC crime drama Shetland).

Further casting tba

It would be wonderful to see some Board members at the launch to share in enjoying the stunning vocals of these great actor/singers, performing new work from musical theatre as well as some stand-alone pop/rock songs.

Tickets and further details available via the link below.
WORDS SHARED WITH FRIENDS: Leicester Square Theatre
THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol**** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz Callaway I(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand**** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)**** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert**** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends*** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!**** Zanna, Don't!**** West End Fest**** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time**** Julius Caesar*** Anything Can Happen**** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Forbidden Broadway**** Is There Life After High School? (Swansea)**** Dessa Rose***** Marry Me A Little***** Dogfight***** Bare (Edinburgh)**** 6 (Edinburgh)**** The Addams Family (Edinburgh)**** The Girl Who (Edinburgh)** Unfaithful (Edinburgh)***** Alba (Edinburgh)*** Connected (Edinburgh)**** See Rock City** The Apple Tree**** Edges**** Hamlisch****
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Please check out the new website for my upcoming album WORDS SHARED WITH FRIENDS - which features 16 original songs with music by composers from the UK, USA, Sweden, the Netherlands and Israel - some "stand-alone" pop/rock songs and others from the scores of 8 new musicals. The vocals are by some of the best talent in West End and Off-West End musical theatre - and one former member of both the Broadway and Las Vegas casts of The Phantom Of The Opera.

You can listen to audio clips from some of the songs on the website and there are a couple of video "teasers".

If you like what you see and hear - then why not book a ticket and come along to the launch concert on April 13!

WORDS SHARED WITH FRIENDS
THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol**** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz Callaway I(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand**** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)**** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert**** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends*** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!**** Zanna, Don't!**** West End Fest**** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time**** Julius Caesar*** Anything Can Happen**** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Forbidden Broadway**** Is There Life After High School? (Swansea)**** Dessa Rose***** Marry Me A Little***** Dogfight***** Bare (Edinburgh)**** 6 (Edinburgh)**** The Addams Family (Edinburgh)**** The Girl Who (Edinburgh)** Unfaithful (Edinburgh)***** Alba (Edinburgh)*** Connected (Edinburgh)**** See Rock City** The Apple Tree**** Edges**** Hamlisch****
Updated On: 2/14/14 at 02:05 PM
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
One of the songs featured on my album WORDS SHARED WITH FRIENDS is a song created during the most recent rewrite of Christopher J. Orton and my musical MY LAND'S SHORE. The song, I CANNOT LOSE YOU, can be streamed on soundcloud prior to its release for download on iTunes on April 14.

Vocals are by the amazing Sarah Galbraith (BWW Award nominated star of Steel Pier and Chess at the Union Theatre and [Title Of Show] at the Landor Theatre, who has also performed in all 3 American productions of the Phantom Of The Opera - in Las Vegas, on tour and on Broadway) and Kit Orton (West End star of Spamalot and Dickens Abridged who will soon be seen on tour playing the role of pop icon Tom Jones in the new musical TOM).

Soundcloud: I CANNOT LOSE YOU Sarah Galbraith/Kit Orton
Updated On: 2/20/14 at 10:17 AM
bob8rich
Broadway Legend

Joining the previously announced Kieran Brown, Jordan Lee Davies, Carolyn Maitland, Shaun McCourt. Keith Ramsay and Rebecca Trehearn, performing live at my album launch concert will be my wonderful friend and co-writer, actor and singer/songwriter JOE STERLING.

Joe played the lead role of "Ugly" in the Stiles and Drewe musical Honk! at the Tabard Theatre in 2012/13, covered and played the role of Mowgli in the UK Number 1 Tour of Jungle Book in 2011/12 and has more recently established himself as one of the rising stars at many of London's premier singer/songwriter performance venues. His debut solo EP HALF A YEAR was released in 2013 and the album SOMEWHERE IN MY MIND - THE SONGS OF JOE STERLING (which included a number of songs from the musical "Roundabout" co-written by Joe and myself) was released by SimGRecords in 2012. The Public Reviews described Joe sterling as "the freshest and possibly hottest new talent in musical theatre".

Further really exciting casting for my album launch concert will be announced soon!
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Here's a teaser clip of one of the songs on my album WORDS SHARED WITH FRIENDS. The song - PERFECT - is from the score of the musical BASED ON A TRUE STORY by Christopher J. Orton and myself. The vocals are by the amazingness that is Rebecca Trehearn.

You can hear the full recording of the song on the album when it's released on April 14 and you can hear it performed live by Rebecca at the launch concert on April 13.

https://soundcloud.com/bobwordsmith/perfect-teaser-clip-rebecca

Updated On: 2/26/14 at 09:31 AM
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Here are another two "rough mix" teaser clips of songs from my album. Both are from "Nova", a musical "in development", with music by Tristan Bons, a young composer from the Netherlands.

IF I CLOSE MY EYES - vocals by JORDAN LEE DAVIES (Dickin in "The Secret Garden in concert", BBC One's "The Voice" in 2013 - and soon the be seen as "Kitten" in Paul Boyd's musical "Molly Wobbly" at the Phoenix Artist Club):
https://soundcloud.com/bobwordsmith/if-i-close-my-eyes-teaser-clip

FOR THE FIIRST TIME - vocals by JOS SLOVICK (Andrej in "Once", Robby in the "Soho Cinders" world premiere concert production, Georg in "Spring Awakening"):
https://soundcloud.com/bobwordsmith/for-the-first-time-jos-slovick

Updated On: 3/13/14 at 10:41 AM
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Here are links to "rough mix teaser" clips of two songs on my album with music by Filip von Uexkull, a young pop composer from Sweden:

A WHISPER IN THE DARK - with vocals by Kieran Brown (Pipe Dream, Phantom, Wicked, Love Never Dies):
http://soundcloud.com/bobwordsmith/a-whisper-in-the-dark-teaser

MORE STARS THAN IN HEAVEN - with vocals by Ceili O'Connor (currently cover EVA in the Evita UK tour & previously covered and played Dorothy in The Wizard Of Oz at the Palladium) and Shaun McCourt (who covered and played the title role in two UK tours of Joseph & The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat):
http://soundcloud.com/bobwordsmith/more-stars-than-in-heaven
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Tonight is the night when the wonderful Rebecca Trehearn will give her final performance as Molly during the last night of the Ghost tour. It reminds me that
just over a year ago - a few days before she begun rehearsals for Ghost - Rebecca and I went into Auburn Jam Music Studio to make the very first recording for my album - WHERE DID THE SUMMER GO? (with music by Dean Heller & lyric by me). So, here's a rough mix teaser clip of Rebecca's exquisitely beautiful vocals:
http://soundcloud.com/bobwordsmith/where-did-the-summer-go-teaser

You'll be able to download the full song when my album is released on April 14. And you can hear Rebecca singing the song (and others) live at the launch concert at the Leicester Square Theatre Lounge on April 13 - so, book your ticket now!
http://leicestersquaretheatre.ticketsolve.com/shows/873510072/events

Updated On: 3/8/14 at 03:47 PM
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Really delighted to announce that the brilliant Kane Oliver Parry will be a special guest performer at my album launch! Kane has just finished his run in the role of Llewelyn in The Light Princess at the National and was previously 1st cover Galileo in the We Will Rock You International Arena Tour.

Christopher Orton and I were really lucky to have Kane as part of our cast on the studio recording of our musical My Land's Shore - so it's great to have him come along to sing one of the songs featured on my album at the launch concert.

Further amazing casting still to be announced! So, book your tickets now!
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
I've put another teaser clip on soundcloud. The song is "You're Everything I Never Knew I Always Wanted" (from a musical-in-development called "Flop!"). The music and the vocals are by Kit Orton (who is currently receiving rave reviews for his performance as Tom Jones in the tour production of the new musical "Tom").

The full song will be available on my album.

http://soundcloud.com/bobwordsmith/youre-everything-i-never-knew
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Here's a new "teaser" clip of one of the songs from my WORDS SHARED WITH FRIENDS album: LAURA PITT-PULFORD and JONATHAN EIO singing "The Blanket Of My Love" (music by Jonathan Eio/lyric by me):

http://soundcloud.com/bobwordsmith/the-blanket-of-my-love-teaser

bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Delighted to announce that the lovely Lauren Ingram will be joining the cast for my album launch concert! Lauren is currently in the cast of From Here To Eternity at the Shaftesbury and was previously the Narrator in the UK tour of Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat.
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Here's the latest teaser clip from my album. The song is IF I COULD CHANGE MY LIFE (from the score of SHADOW ON THE SUN - a "sci-fi musical within a musical" which is in the process of development, co-written by myself, Jimmy Granstrom and composer Omri Lahav). Vocals are by Andrew Bateup (Joseph UK tour) and Carolyn Maitland (West End's From Here To Eternity, Kiss Me Kate & Legally Blonde).

http://soundcloud.com/bobwordsmith/if-i-could-change-my-life
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
A few years ago Ben Messenger (a young singer-songwriter from Cumbria), Allan Mooney (a young lyricist from Glasgow) and I wrote a song about the serious and heart-breaking problem of teenage suicide caused by bullying. We recorded the song last year and it will feature on my album WORDS SHARED WITH FRIENDS. The vocals are by the awesome Ben Stott (who was seen most recently in the West End in Cool Rider, was simply incredible last year as Tobias in the WYP and Royal Exchange production of Sweeney Todd, was a fantastic Jack in the Regent's Park production of Into The Woods and also played Boq in Wicked at the Apollo Victoria).

Here's a teaser of the song. If you'd like to hear more - please download the album when it's released on April 14!

http://soundcloud.com/bobwordsmith/here-it-comes-again-teaser-ben
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
In this age of growing enlightenment when the rights of gay marriage are beginning to be recognized, I felt it fitting to include a gay love song on my WORDS SHARED WITH FRIENDS album. I co-wrote the song with composer Ben Messenger and the stunning vocals are by Benjamin Vivian-Jones(Seussical, HMS Pinafore) and Shaun McCourt (Miracle on 34th Street, Joseph). Here's a teaser of this anthem to those who dare to love....

http://soundcloud.com/bobwordsmith/if-we-dare-to-love-teaser

Updated On: 3/25/14 at 07:33 AM
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Today's "teaser" from WORDS SHARED WITH FRIENDS is JADED, a rock song I wrote a few years ago with singer/songwriter Ben Messenger and co-lyricist Allan Mooney. It was recorded for my album by Will Barratt, one of the most incredible and vocally versatile actor/singers in the West End.

Will was seen most recently as Bob Crewe in Jersey Boys. His previous West End credits include Sweeney Todd, The Phantom Of The Opera (as Raoul), Carousel (covering & playing Mr Snow), Les Miserables (covering & playing Enjolras) and The Producers (covering & playing Leo Bloom). I was fortunate to work with Will when he played one of the principal roles in the workshop production of my musical MY LAND'S SHORE, when he blew everyone away with his performance of the song A Lonely Voice (which he has since recorded and which is available on iTunes).

http://soundcloud.com/bobwordsmith/jaded-teaser-will-barratt

Updated On: 3/26/14 at 09:32 AM
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Today's "teaser" from my album WORDS SHARED WITH FRIENDS is THE RAINBOW ROOM, a song from the musical ALONE (which I wrote with composer Ty Kroll from Madison, Wisconsin), a workshop production of which was presented at the University of Wisconsin back in 2003. The character in the show has invented a boyfriend in her head and speaks of him as if he's real - so in the song she's singing about a date that never happened with a boyfriend who does not exist!

It was recorded for my album by the amazing Sarah Galbraith - who performed in all 3 American productions of The Phantom Of The Opera (Broadway, US tour and Las Vegas, where she covered and played Christine) and played Susan in [Title Of Show] at the Landor, Florence in Chess at the Union and Rita in Steel Pier at the Union.

http://soundcloud.com/bobwordsmith/the-rainbow-room-teaser-sarah

Updated On: 3/27/14 at 08:13 AM
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
The final teaser from my WORDS SHARED WITH FRIENDS album is REASONS, a song I wrote with Joe Sterling, which Joe recorded for the album.

It's quite fitting to be posting this here as Joe and I actually met via the BWW Board, after I posted a message back in 2009 when I was looking for a young actor/singer for a principal role in a workshop of one of my shows. He has since performed in workshop productions of two other shows of mine and we've written a number of songs together, including the score for our musical ROUNDABOUT.

Joe played the role of "Ugly" in Stiles and Drewe's HONK! at the Tabard Theatre in 2012/13 and has become a regular performer at many of London's singer-songwriter venues. An EP of his singer-songwriter material - HALF A YEAR - was released on iTunes/Amazon in 2013 and an album of his songs performed by a stellar cast of West End performers - SOMEWHERE IN MY MIND - was released by SimG records in 2012.

http://soundcloud.com/bobwordsmith/reasons-teaser-joe-sterling

Joe will perform REASONS live at my album launch as well as one of the songs he and I wrote together that features on his SOMEWHERE IN MY MIND album.

Updated On: 3/30/14 at 06:55 AM
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Just 1 week left to book your ticket for the WORDS SHARED WITH FRIENDS launch concert!

And, in case anyone is interested, here's a "guest blog" I wrote a couple of months ago about my album for THE PUBLIC REVIEWS:

http://www.thepublicreviews.com/blog-robert-gouldwords-shared-with-friends/

Updated On: 4/6/14 at 08:51 AM
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
4.5 Star review for my album on The Public Reviews!

http://www.thepublicreviews.com/cd-review-words-shared-with-friends/

Still tickets left for the album launch on Sunday - come along and hear for yourself what reviewer Ian Foster raved about!
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Last night's album launch concert went pretty amazingly - great audience and seriously great vocal performances! (will post videos in due course)

The album was released this morning - and is already doing pretty well on the iTunes charts! A bargain at 7.99!

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/words-shared-friends-lyrics/id850313838

And it just received another great review! - 9/10 from Reviewgraveyard.com

http://www.reviewgraveyard.com/00_revs/r2014/music/14-04-14_words-friends.html

Message Board

wicked plot help 6 Posts
Menier Christmas Show? 42 Posts

BWW BLOGS