Comscore

URINETOWN at the St James

bob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Posted: 10/11/13 at 06:42am
I just saw the casting announcement for URINETOWN at the St James theatre next year - Richard Fleeshman and Jenna Russell in the leads! Two compelling reasons for me to go and book my ticket for this asap!
THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol**** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz CallawayI(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand**** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)**** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert**** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends*** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!**** Zanna, Don't!**** West End Fest**** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time**** Julius Caesar*** Anything Can Happen**** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Forbidden Broadway**** Is There Life After High School? (Swansea)**** Dessa Rose***** Marry Me A Little***** Dogfight***** Bare (Edinburgh)**** 6 (Edinburgh)**** The Addams Family (Edinburgh)**** The Girl Who (Edinburgh)** Unfaithful (Edinburgh)***** Alba (Edinburgh)*** Connected (Edinburgh)**** See Rock City** The Apple Tree**** Edges**** Hamlisch**** Dogfight***** The Return Of The Soldier**** The Dreaming**** Mamma Mia**** Dr Scroggy's War**** Les Miserables***** Joseph***** Buddy Holly & The Cricketers***** Skyhawk (Swansea)**** The Scottsboro Boys***** Memphis***** Love Story***** Altar Boyz***** Into The Woods*****
mrkringas Profile Photo
mrkringas
Broadway Star
Posted: 10/11/13 at 08:28pm
I had hoped he would land Chris but this is a far more interesting part and looking forward to it.

Especially nice to see Jenna Russell do something a bit different. Cory English will be great in that supporting role too.
CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Posted: 10/12/13 at 01:19am
Why Richard Fleeshman? There's no nude scene. Put him in something with a nude scene!
That's right! Underscore mother-fu@#ers!
FrontRowDress Profile Photo
FrontRowDress
Featured Actor
Posted: 3/1/14 at 05:45am
Saw this last night and it is sensational. A funny, dark, knowing homage to musical theatre with unexpected turns and a fabulous cast, I've gushed extensively on the blog.

If you're booking a ticket, avoid the front two rows and the back few as the set is on two levels and you'll miss some of the action, but go see.
Urinetown
AddisonMizner
Broadway Star
Posted: 3/1/14 at 09:49am
What is the running time of this show?

Would you recommend I see this or THE BEAUTIFUL GAME at the Union?
Theatre 2014: Putting It Together (St. James Theatre) ***** Candide (Menier Chocolate Factory) ***** Les Miserables ** Gounod: Faust (ROH) ***** Urinetown (St. James Theatre) ***** Ades: Powder Her Face (ENO at Ambika P3) **** Pacific Overtures (Union Theatre) ***** Marry Me A Little (St. James Studio) **** Miss Saigon ****
FrontRowDress Profile Photo
FrontRowDress
Featured Actor
Posted: 3/1/14 at 09:56am
It finished at 9.50pm.
bob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/1/14 at 12:22pm
Just saw this (Sat matinee). One word - fanf***kingtastic!
THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol**** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz CallawayI(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand**** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)**** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert**** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends*** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!**** Zanna, Don't!**** West End Fest**** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time**** Julius Caesar*** Anything Can Happen**** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Forbidden Broadway**** Is There Life After High School? (Swansea)**** Dessa Rose***** Marry Me A Little***** Dogfight***** Bare (Edinburgh)**** 6 (Edinburgh)**** The Addams Family (Edinburgh)**** The Girl Who (Edinburgh)** Unfaithful (Edinburgh)***** Alba (Edinburgh)*** Connected (Edinburgh)**** See Rock City** The Apple Tree**** Edges**** Hamlisch**** Dogfight***** The Return Of The Soldier**** The Dreaming**** Mamma Mia**** Dr Scroggy's War**** Les Miserables***** Joseph***** Buddy Holly & The Cricketers***** Skyhawk (Swansea)**** The Scottsboro Boys***** Memphis***** Love Story***** Altar Boyz***** Into The Woods*****
Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/1/14 at 06:44pm
Look like this has got off to the perfect start, I saw Urinetown, this evening and I am not going to be one to pour cold water on this bright musical, which proves to be a whole bag of fun. I am sure the critics will give this one the nod.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** See Rock City** Guys and Dolls*** Wicked* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory*** The Apple Tree*** The Jersey Boys*** Miss Saigon***** Matilda***** A Streetcar Named Desire**** The Dreamling** The Play That Went Wrong*** The Phantom of the Opera**** Fully Committed*** Bedroom Farce**** (Salisbury Playhouse) Sweeney Todd**** King Charles III*** Here Lies Love**** The Vertical Hour**** Love Story***** Altar Boys*** Evita**** Next Fall***** Cat On A Hot Tin Roof***** (Tour: Royal Deansgate, Northampton) Memphis*** The Scottsboro Boys**** Shakespeare In Love* Neville's Island*** East Is East**** Evita**** Into The Woods*** Gypsy***** (Chichester) Billy Elliot*****
CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/4/14 at 08:36pm
Is it too much to ask for a cast recording?
That's right! Underscore mother-fu@#ers!
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/4/14 at 08:47pm
Don't think there will be a cast recording unless this transfers, which the people behind this hope for, as the staging has been designed to fit into any West End theatre.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** See Rock City** Guys and Dolls*** Wicked* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory*** The Apple Tree*** The Jersey Boys*** Miss Saigon***** Matilda***** A Streetcar Named Desire**** The Dreamling** The Play That Went Wrong*** The Phantom of the Opera**** Fully Committed*** Bedroom Farce**** (Salisbury Playhouse) Sweeney Todd**** King Charles III*** Here Lies Love**** The Vertical Hour**** Love Story***** Altar Boys*** Evita**** Next Fall***** Cat On A Hot Tin Roof***** (Tour: Royal Deansgate, Northampton) Memphis*** The Scottsboro Boys**** Shakespeare In Love* Neville's Island*** East Is East**** Evita**** Into The Woods*** Gypsy***** (Chichester) Billy Elliot*****
NeverSoShy
Understudy
Posted: 3/8/14 at 10:52am
I saw the first Saturday matinee and it was absolutely phenomenal. Definitely one of the best shows I've seen for a long time. I'd expected to love it (I was quite obsessed with the OBCR about three years ago), but I couldn't have predicted quite how much. I really hope that it transfers as I'd love to be able to see it again.

The common opinion seems to be that Jenna Russell gives the standout performance of the show, which I'd definitely have to agree with.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/12/14 at 12:49pm
Updated On: 3/13/14 at 12:49 PM
Eurotrash Profile Photo
Eurotrash
Understudy
Posted: 3/13/14 at 05:28am
Quentin Letts hated it?? Get me a ticket RIGHT NOW!
Why don't you go? Why don't you leave Manderley? He doesn't need you... he's got his memories. He doesn't love you, he wants to be alone again with her. You've nothing to stay for. You've nothing to live for really, have you?
devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/13/14 at 07:08am
Love this show.

Didn't think it was possible for The Hateful Mail to move any further right, but over the past few months its seems to pushed so much further it risks falling off the end of the world (Mail readers know the Earth is flat!)
NeverSoShy
Understudy
Posted: 3/14/14 at 08:00am
The Daily Fail review is absolutely hilarious. The paper is actually beginning to parody itself, or so it would seem.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/15/14 at 08:11pm
Why does Quentin Letts when he doesn't like something complain about the creativity? Normally , It is too loud, with Urinetown it is underlit, I certainly wasn't aware that a musical mainly set in a public lavatory and a sewer is meant to look like the local disco!
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/15/14 at 08:18pm
Its a shame that the Tralfalgar Studios is unavailable due to Another Country and the second Trafalgar Transformed as that would be perfect for Urinetown but I suppose they are aiming for a playhouse with bigger capacity.
FireFingers Profile Photo
FireFingers
Stand-by
Posted: 3/15/14 at 08:43pm
I absolutely loved this. Trying to figure out how I can make it back from Birmingham to see it again. I'm praying for a transfer too.
Blethering Scot
Understudy
Posted: 3/18/14 at 04:04pm
Heard several people suggesting its going into to the Wyndham's Theatre. Its not dark until August so doubt it, but you never know.

Updated On: 3/18/14 at 04:04 PM
AnythingGoes23
Broadway Star
Posted: 3/19/14 at 03:53am
Garrick... ?
AddisonMizner
Broadway Star
Posted: 4/9/14 at 03:36pm
Is Row D too close for this show?
Theatre 2014: Putting It Together (St. James Theatre) ***** Candide (Menier Chocolate Factory) ***** Les Miserables ** Gounod: Faust (ROH) ***** Urinetown (St. James Theatre) ***** Ades: Powder Her Face (ENO at Ambika P3) **** Pacific Overtures (Union Theatre) ***** Marry Me A Little (St. James Studio) **** Miss Saigon ****
frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/9/14 at 03:42pm
Row D would be fine I think. I saw Row A on the side, which was considered partial view and just missed a few minutes of staging on the top part of the set. Row D should be sufficiently high enough and back that that second tier of the set will be entirely visible.
AddisonMizner
Broadway Star
Posted: 4/9/14 at 04:09pm
Row D is the second row for this production. Row C is the front row. Would this still be the case? Thanks for your help.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/9/14 at 05:10pm
Yes.
AddisonMizner
Broadway Star
Posted: 4/10/14 at 08:11am
How is the view from Row L on the aisle?
mjohnson2 Profile Photo
mjohnson2
Broadway Star
Posted: 4/11/14 at 12:54am
The view from any seat in the entire house is fine because it is such a small theatre and has pseudo-stadium seating.
Anything regarding shows stated by this account is an attempt to convey opinion and not fact.

Page:

Message Board

Memphis West End 7 Posts
Hedwig 13 Posts

BWW BLOGS