The Commitments - The Reviews

thespian geek Profile Photothespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Commitments - The Reviews#2
Posted: 10/9/13 at 12:34pm
Almost all of the reviews I've read are mixed with saying the cast is phenomenal but the story isn't what it should be. Though the DailyMail said Killian needs to work on his stage presence and I'm wondering if that person has ever seen Killian on a stage before...
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Commitments - The Reviews#3
Posted: 10/9/13 at 1:24pm
Yes, thespian geek - whenever he steps onto a stage, Killian has physical and vocal presence "in spades"! And he's just been nominated for a BWW award for this performance (after just a few previews) so his presence has obviously made an impression on some people!
THEATRE 2015: The Mikado**** Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown***** The Grand Tour**** Charlotte Bradford: The Last 7 Years (cabaret)**** Bat Boy**** City Of Angels***** Assassins***** A Little Night Music***** Jesus Christ Superstar (tour,Cardiff)**** The Goodbye Girl**** Anything Goes (tour, Wimbledon)**** She Loves Me**** Whistle Down The Wind***** Live & Acoustic**** Charles Strouse (cabaret)**** The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole (Curve, Leicester)****. Miss Saigon***** Spend,Spend, Spend**** Sweeney Todd (ENO)***** News Review**** Songs From The Playground**** Apartment 40C***** Follies***** The Verb, To Love*** Portia Coughlan**** Sweeney Todd (Pie Shop)***** Closer To Heaven*** Carrie***** Little Shop Of Horrors (Colchester)***** The Theory Of Relativity***** Warhorse***** The Clockmaker's Daughter*** Elegies For Angels, Punks & Raging Queens***** Duncton Wood**** Live & Acoustic**** Dick Barton**** The Baker's Wife**** High Society***** Bend It Like Beckham**** Gypsy*****. Face The Music**** The Play That Goes Wrong***** Les Miserables***** Dusty*** I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change***** House Of Mirrors And Hearts*** American Idiot***** Gloria Onitiri Reverie*****
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Commitments - The Reviews#4
Posted: 10/9/13 at 3:49pm
The reviews bordered very much on the lackluster side, these reviews are worse than 'Betty Blue Eyes' which didn't last very long, so expect this to discount and if it doesn't find a audience close sooner than later.
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Commitments - The Reviews#5
Posted: 10/9/13 at 7:57pm
I think it'll do a year to eighteen months maximum depending on how it fares now that prices are now standard West End, I'm sure producers of shows like Kinky Boots will want the Palace due to its prime location.
lotiloti Profile Photolotiloti Profile Photo
lotiloti
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
The Commitments - The Reviews#6
Posted: 10/10/13 at 6:53pm
I'm sorry, but I really didn't like this. All the wonderful humour of the original book, was completely missing. Also, the direction was by someone who didn't know his subject. Someone older, who remembered the period. I think would have made a better job of it.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Commitments - The Reviews#7
Posted: 10/12/13 at 7:32pm
Saw this outside the theatre:

The Times****

So 25/40
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Commitments - The Reviews#8
Posted: 10/12/13 at 7:44pm
I could see this running a 12 - 18 months, helped by very good reviews from the Telegraph and The Times, the show is backed up by a decent book, it feels a London version of 'Once' and has the same generation of music as the New York smash hit 'Motown'. I found the musical enjoyable, but has its limitations, stopping it from being a really good musical.

I still love the old bloke in the band, who plays the trumpet, who ends up shagging all three backing singers.

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Save $$$ on Tickets to: