Comscore

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels starring Robert Lyndsey at the Savoy??

Princeton Returns Profile Photo
Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
Rumour on WOS that this is happening via ATG with a short tour before hand.

Anyone heard anything? (im looking at you Anythinggoes)
AnythingGoes23
Broadway Star
Yes it is highly expected. Lindsay is yet to officially sign on and they are casting the other roles as we speak and are hoping for a few other names to fill the other roles.

The show is expected to be announced in the coming weeks.

Set to open at The Savoy in March/April.

Let It Be is expected to transfer to Playhouse.
Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
DRS is a decent show so it should do fine in the West End, interesting that its touring first rather than opening straight away. I'm guessing Spamalot is closing if Let it Be is going to the Playhouse, its a shame the Playhouse has become the home for filler shows rather than plays.

2014 is shaping up to be a good year for theatre with Miss Saigon, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels plus new plays like Fatal Attraction and The Full Monty and rumoured shows like Finding Neverland, Made in Dagenham and Kinky Boots.
CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
It would be neat if they record a cast album since the new opening number that was written for the US tour has never been recorded.
That's right! Underscore mother-fu@#ers!
Owen22
Broadway Legend
Who is directing? It was rumored originally Jerry Mitchell was recreating his choreography and Jack O'Brian's direction.
DeNada
Broadway Star
I presume it's Jerry Mitchell again because he has that production company thing with ATG.

Robert Lindsey would be fantastic in this - but who would play Freddy? Damian Humbley springs to mind as the obvious Norbert Leo Butz looky-likey and he did an okay job of the slapstick in Lend Me A Tenor.
Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
Possibly too old now but I always thought lee evans could be agood option. Nobody springs to mind though at the moment
This is the first show for a while im excited to see and robert lyndsey is perfect choice.
rockyhorrorfan
Featured Actor
I presume this is the musical Simon Grieff has been workshopping for ATG with Robert Lindsay, Danielle Hope, Martyn Ellis, Beverley Klein and Barry James.
Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
God I hope they get someone with more personality and stage presence than Danielle Hope
devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
I saw this on Broadway and loved it. Comedy masterclass from John Lithgow!

Message Board

The Scottsboro Boys 17 Posts
TKTS Urinetown 10 Posts

BWW BLOGS