New song from Jason Robert Brown's

bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Just listened to the song "Falling Into You" (sung by Steven Pasquale & Kelli O'Hara) from the upcoming Jason Robert Brown musical The Bridges Of Madison County which Ghostlight Records have put up on soundcloud.com

Totally blown away! So haunting & beautiful. Simply cannot stop playing it! Can't wait to hear the rest of this score!
Souncloud: FALLING INTO YOU - Steven Pasquale & Kelli O'Hara
THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol**** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz Callaway I(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand**** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)**** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert**** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends*** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!**** Zanna, Don't!**** West End Fest**** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time**** Julius Caesar*** Anything Can Happen**** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Forbidden Broadway**** Is There Life After High School? (Swansea)**** Dessa Rose***** Marry Me A Little***** Dogfight***** Bare (Edinburgh)**** 6 (Edinburgh)**** The Addams Family (Edinburgh)**** The Girl Who (Edinburgh)** Unfaithful (Edinburgh)***** Alba (Edinburgh)*** Connected (Edinburgh)**** See Rock City** The Apple Tree**** Edges**** Hamlisch****
Owen22
Broadway Legend
Posted: 9/24/13 at 07:05pm
I dunno...in the book and the film...these are not verbose people...even in their discovery of each other...I didn't realize this until I heard the duet just now...it did not feel like the Francesca and Kinkaid I know...
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Posted: 9/24/13 at 07:18pm
Have never read the book or seen the movie, so cannot comment on how apposite it seems for the characters etc. All I know is it sounds so gorgeous I just want to hear it over and over!

THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol**** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz Callaway I(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand**** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)**** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert**** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends*** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!**** Zanna, Don't!**** West End Fest**** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time**** Julius Caesar*** Anything Can Happen**** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Forbidden Broadway**** Is There Life After High School? (Swansea)**** Dessa Rose***** Marry Me A Little***** Dogfight***** Bare (Edinburgh)**** 6 (Edinburgh)**** The Addams Family (Edinburgh)**** The Girl Who (Edinburgh)** Unfaithful (Edinburgh)***** Alba (Edinburgh)*** Connected (Edinburgh)**** See Rock City** The Apple Tree**** Edges**** Hamlisch****
Updated On: 9/25/13 at 07:18 PM
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Posted: 9/25/13 at 03:27am
It's an interesting song, but I struggle with the thought that JRB's scores never have their own character, they all sound the same. This could easily be a cut song from Parade of the Last Five Years.
2014 Theatre: Strangers on a Train 3.5 * From Here To Eternity 3.5* Stephen Ward ***** The Full Monty ***** Fiddler on the Roof (UK Tour) *** Stephen Ward ***** Jersey Boys ***** Blithe Spirit ***** Wicked (UK Tour) *** Arcadia ** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels *** Urinetown ***** Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 3.5* Other Desert Cities **** Birdland **** The Phantom of the Opera **** Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake ***** In The Heights ***** Miss Saigon **** Clarence Darrow ***** Great Britain **** The Crucible **** The Pajama Game ****
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Posted: 9/25/13 at 04:21am
Sorry but don't agree at all with that comment lol - I don't think the scores of TL5Y and Parade sound even remotely the same.
DeNada
Broadway Star
Posted: 9/25/13 at 08:59am
I do think that JRB's romantic scores have a tendency to sound alike (there's clearly a big crossover between PARADE's romantic plotline, L5Y and BRIDGES, although HONEYMOON IN VEGAS sounds interestingly different and 13 was appropriately childish). Whilst I love Falling Into You and have done since the sitzprobe footage from BRIDGES, the triplet rhythm in the piano is very Next Ten Minutes (the scoring for strings and guitar doesn't dispel the comparison) as is the switch to a different melody for Francesca's lines.

It's not as obvious as, say, All The Wasted Time from PARADE taking a huge chunk of music from I'd Give It All For You in SONGS FOR A NEW WORLD, but it is eerily reminiscent.

I'm really freaked out by how much like JRB Steven Pasquale sounds - I thought it WAS JRB at the start of the recording!
carlazoeknight
Swing
Posted: 9/25/13 at 06:04pm
I really like it. Stephen Pasquale has a beautiful voice. I'd love someone to sing that to me!
mrkringas
Broadway Star
Posted: 9/26/13 at 06:32am
I remain upset that Stephen Pasquale isn't on the cast album of The Light in the Piazza.

Glorious voice. Great actor too - have you seen the concert of The Secret Garden with Laura Benanti?
dgjbear
Featured Actor
Posted: 9/26/13 at 07:01am
Lovely song, though it does remind me of Parade - but that's not a bad thing! Will look forward to hearing the rest
Anthony Fremont
Stand-by
Posted: 10/9/13 at 02:43am

Kelli O'Hara or Elena Shaddow, who cares? Francesca's verse in and of itself is gorgeous.
Updated On: 10/9/13 at 02:43 AM

Message Board

Buyer and Cellar 1 Posts

BWW BLOGS