The Commitments

thespian geek Profile Photothespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Commitments#1
Posted: 9/21/13 at 5:42pm
Did anyone go to first preview tonight or going to see the show soon? I'm excited to hear thoughts on it.
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Commitments#2
Posted: 9/22/13 at 6:39am
I tried to book tickets for previews when I was in London back in July but could not get a ticket! I have now booked to see it on November 20 - really looking forward to it!
THEATRE 2016: GREY GARDENS**** SHOWBOAT (Sheffield)***** PETER PAN GOES WRONG**** FEAR AND MISERY OF THE THIRD REICH**** FUNNY GIRL**** LEGALLY BLONDE**** A STEADY RAIN**** THE MEMORY SHOW***** THE KISSING DANCE**** ANDY CAPP**** MRS HENDERSON PRESENTS**** ROADSHOW**** BAR MITZVAH BOY**** FOUR PLAY**** BAD GIRLS**** WEST END SWITCHED OFF***** ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN (Cardiff)**** ONLY THE BRAVE (Cardiff)** MISS ATOMIC BOMB**** WILL BARRATT & FRIENDS (cabaret)**** THE WAR OF THE WORLDS*** PRINCESS CARABOO**** MR STRASSEN PRESENTS (concert)**** OUT OF THIS WORLD**** FOREVER PLAID**** STARTING HERE, STARTING NOW***** THE PAINKILLER**** THE COMEDY ABOUT A BANK ROBBERY**** FIDDLER ON THE ROOF (New York)**** SHUFFLE ALONG (New York)**** SHE LOVES ME (New York)***** MY PARIS (New Haven)**** THE ROBBER BRIDEGROOM (New York)** DEAR EVAN HANSEN (New York)***** BRIGHT STAR (New York)**** TUCK EVERLASTING (New York)**** STRAIGHT (New York)**** AMERICAN PSYCHO (New York)****. WAITRESS (New York)***** CAGNEY (New York)*** ADAM GWON:THE NEW AMERICAN MUSICAL (concert, St. James Studio)**** THE GREAT AMERICAN TRAILER PARK MUSICAL**** LUCKY STIFF**** THE TOXIC AVENGER***** WEST END FEST (concert)**** SKY NEWS - THE MUSICAL**** SHOWBOAT***** FEMALE TRANSPORT (Swansea)**** THE RAILWAY CHILDREN**** BERNADETTE PETERS IN CONCERT*****. TITANIC***** THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW (Dartford, tour)**** THE THREEPENY OPERA**** THE GO BETWEEN*****
nataliealana
Understudy
Understudy
The Commitments#2
Posted: 9/22/13 at 1:44pm
I'm going along on the 29th!
thespian geek Profile Photothespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Commitments#3
Posted: 9/22/13 at 9:21pm
Ah, Bob, I'll be seeing it Nov 24 myself!
AnythingGoes23
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
The Commitments#4
Posted: 9/24/13 at 5:52pm
Saw it last eve and found the show too overly produced. Too much going on. Too much dialogue and no songs fully done.

Working class audience, as they keep telling you, but will they pay 80 after previews. Probably not.

I just didn't care about the show at all watching it, no real story and unless you connect with the social side of the show you won't find anything else, I ended up hating everyone of the characters on stage!

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Advertisement