Kinky boots london??

geo123
Chorus Member
Kinky boots london??
Posted: 9/15/13 at 09:41am
Any news if the show will be coming to London?.
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Kinky boots london??
Posted: 9/15/13 at 02:01pm
I heard the plan was the Adelphi after Bodyguard if that lasts till next Summer/ late Spring- plans are pretty fluid though
AnythingGoes23
Broadway Star
Kinky boots london??
Posted: 9/15/13 at 05:38pm
Adelphi has another show going in next Autumn - a show not too far away from Kinky Boot...

Kinky will probably arrive Spring 2015 or late 2014 - they really want the Palace and I think if Mormons don't want to enter any kind of discount market at all, they could leave on a high and launch a sell out tour. Kinky would be a great fit for Prince of Wales...
AnythingGoes23
Broadway Star
Kinky boots london??
Posted: 9/15/13 at 05:39pm
Adelphi has another show going in next Autumn - a show not too far away from Kinky Boot...

Kinky will probably arrive Spring 2015 or late 2014 - they really want the Palace and I think if Mormons don't want to enter any kind of discount market at all, they could leave on a high and launch a sell out tour. Kinky would be a great fit for Prince of Wales...
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Kinky boots london??
Posted: 9/15/13 at 06:16pm
Would think Mormon would run at least a few years without discounting. I imagine producers are eyeing various theatres.

I'm curious where Finding Neverland goes should it arrive next year, I'm thinking either The Shaftesbury or the Victoria Palace.
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Kinky boots london??
Posted: 9/16/13 at 01:43pm
Are you sure Pippin is "booked in"?

Personally, I think the Adelphi is too big (auditorium-wise) for it.
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Kinky boots london??
Posted: 9/16/13 at 02:03pm
Pippin I think would need a smaller theatre like the Phoenix or the Gielgud. AG could be talking about Made in Dagenham which is aiming for an Autumn 2014 opening,
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Kinky boots london??
Posted: 9/16/13 at 02:40pm
Or Motown, which is actively looing for a London theatre.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy*****
Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
Kinky boots london??
Posted: 9/16/13 at 04:02pm
I assumed AG was talking about made in Dagenham which was last I heard eyeing up adelphi
mrkringas
Broadway Star
Kinky boots london??
Posted: 9/16/13 at 07:35pm
Stephen Oremus and Jerry Mitchell tweeted about seeing The Drowned Man this weekend.
i.e. both in London at the same time. Coincidence or creative team over here for meetings about London transfer?
RFlange1985
Swing
Kinky boots london??
Posted: 1/7/14 at 11:29am
Does anyone have anyone have any further information on this? All I can see on Twitter etc is people alluding to it coming at the end of the year to the Palace. I guess it makes sense with The Commitments. There's a fansite online http://www.kinkybootsmusical.co.uk/ that also alludes to it, but obviously no truth can be put into those...Would be an interesting addition to the WE.
thespian geek
Broadway Legend
Kinky boots london??
Posted: 1/7/14 at 12:02pm
I've no idea if any of these rumors are true, but I think Killian Donnelly would make an excellent Charlie. :)
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Kinky boots london??
Posted: 1/7/14 at 12:41pm
Maybe, but would he sell seats? I always thought John Barrowman would make a good Charlie.

One thing for sure is that a West End production would need Billie Porter who is a revelation in the role and such a nice person, when I spoke to him at the stage door in New York, he did drop a hint that he would like to reprise his role in the West End which makes sense with his Broadway contract up in June, put his feet up a bit to start rehearsal in October and in the West End by November,
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy*****
thespian geek
Broadway Legend
Kinky boots london??
Posted: 1/7/14 at 01:17pm
I think John's too old for the part, personally? I mean, Stark Sands is 35 but he looks 10 years younger than that.. not to mention I doubt he really sold that many seats, despite having a decent non-theatre career over here. The title and Cyndi Lauper (and now probably Billy Porter) is what sells seats, I think.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Kinky boots london??
Posted: 1/7/14 at 03:01pm
The suggestion of Kieran is certainly inspired, but the role of Charlie doesn't have to be young it can range from 30 to 55 say.
thespian geek
Broadway Legend
Kinky boots london??
Posted: 1/7/14 at 03:37pm
Killian...
hanschens
Stand-by
Kinky boots london??
Posted: 1/7/14 at 04:32pm
Personally, I'd really like to see Edd Post from Jersey Boys as Charlie. He certainly looks the part and I have no doubt that he'd be wonderful in the role.
hanschens
Stand-by
Kinky boots london??
Posted: 1/7/14 at 04:33pm
Personally, I'd really like to see Edd Post from Jersey Boys as Charlie. He certainly looks the part and I have no doubt that he'd be wonderful in the role. And a little fun fact, Edd is from Northampton, where Kinky Boots is set.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Kinky boots london??
Posted: 1/8/14 at 04:20pm
I have to say I don't know Edd Post, as he is unknown and that isn't diminishing his talent, as a lot of unknown are indeed very talented and are as good as names, but for some reason recognition has failed them, bur he maybe one who would be better as a part of the replacement cast, have Billie Porter the Tony award winning Broadway import, who is excellent in his/her role and a British 'name' for the other lead role, just to get the show on its feet.

You also need someone who can play the role of Lauren who was/is been played quite magnificently on Broadway by Annaleigh Ashford.

Casting is key here, as you need a cast who can really do the excellent Cindy Lauper score justice.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Kinky boots london??
Posted: 1/9/14 at 06:38pm
'but the role of Charlie doesn't have to be young it can range from 30 to 55 say.

WHAT?
no, no it could not be.
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Message Board

Water Babies 9 Posts
Heathers the Musical 6 Posts

BWW BLOGS