The Menier Chocolate Factory Announces its Christmas Musical

Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Fabulous news its Candide.

I hope its as every bit successful as Merrily We Roll Along and The Colour Purple.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel****
Boybooshka
Leading Actor
Damn you just beat me to it! lol.

I can't say it is high on the list of things i'm desperate to see, but i probably will go. Would have preferre the long rumoured Mame.
rosscoe(au)
Broadway Legend
Yeah not high on my list either, would have loved if it was Mame, that would have been worth the trip from Australia.
Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Wow! Incredible news for me! Damian Humbley as Candide?
2014 Theatre: Strangers on a Train 3.5 * From Here To Eternity 3.5* Stephen Ward ***** The Full Monty ***** Fiddler on the Roof (UK Tour) *** Stephen Ward ***** Jersey Boys ***** Blithe Spirit ***** Wicked (UK Tour) *** Arcadia ** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels *** Urinetown ***** Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 3.5* Other Desert Cities **** Birdland **** The Phantom of the Opera **** Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake ***** In The Heights ***** Miss Saigon **** Clarence Darrow *****
thespian geek
Broadway Legend
Oooh. This is playing just in time for my trip over. Any ideas as to when a cast announcement might be made?
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
A musical I haven't sees and know nothing about, except one of the greatest composers was attached but does that really matter? This show has evolved so much so could be completely different to the National Theatre production.

have to say I had my hopes up the Menier was going to do a chamber version of The Woman In White.

It would of been great also, if the Menier did 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, now there is a musical to unlock.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel****
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Yeah 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue would be fantastic to see again - I saw it in Washington way back in 1976 with the incredible Patricia Routledge.

Really great news about Candide though and even greater when I found out who's playing the title role. Can't wait to see this and hear his awesome vocals on those songs!
THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol***** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz Callaway I(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand***** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert***** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends**** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good -When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!*****. Zanna, Don't!***** West End Fest***** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime***** Julius Caesar***
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
My memories of the NT production were obliterated by the ENO production, which was like having teeth extracted. Not sure I could sit through it again.
abitoftap
Broadway Star
Go back to the OBC recording...then you'll want to see it again (or whatever the current version is!!!)
thespian geek
Broadway Legend
Tickets go on sale next week. Do they release at a certain time usually? I've never been to the Menier and I've read their Christmas shows sell out, so I'm wanting to get my tickets for while I'm there ASAP.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Actually with the Menier you can see how well the tickets are selling, so no need for haste, but keep watching everyday as when they do go, they go fast.
theatrepaul
Broadway Legend
Ooh good news. I saw the NT production some years back & enjoyed it
criticappeal
Swing
I've heard down the grapevine that Fra Fee is playing Candide....thoughts?
thespian geek
Broadway Legend
To say that I am excited about him playing Candide is an understatement.
Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
When Bob sad he was excited about who was playing Candide my heart sank as we usually differ greatly on performers we like but Fra Fee is a very talented guy and would get me to see this
theatrepaul
Broadway Legend
A show that contains the gorgeous 'Make our Garden Grow' is one that will tempt me. Anyone know when booking opens?
thespian geek
Broadway Legend
I believe I read that tickets go on sale this Wednesday, the 11th.
thespian geek
Broadway Legend
Saw these names as casting but without a source, so I have no idea how entirely accurate it is. Take it with a grain of salt for now, I suppose. Unless anyone knows better?

"Fra Fee, Cassidy Janson, Ben Lewis, Chris Jacobsen, Scarlett Strallen and David Thaxton"
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
The Menier has confirmed the casting, fantastic casting IMO.
thespian geek
Broadway Legend
Where did you see they confirmed it?
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Its on the website.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Summer Strallen and David Thaxton are stellar cast, not sure if I know the others, especially Fra Fee.
thespian geek
Broadway Legend
Fra's most recent project was playing Robbie in A Man of No Importance at the Salisbury Playhouse to some excellent reviews. He's also a Les Miserables alum (stage and film). Chris Jacobsen just finished a run as Enjolras on the West End, too.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Cheers, but don't recall him.
thespian geek
Broadway Legend
Don't recall who in what?

Page:

Message Board

BWW BLOGS