London Trip

AddisonMizner
Broadway Star
London Trip
Posted: 2/22/13 at 01:32pm
I have just booked my tickets to see "Merrily We Roll Along" again upon its West End transfer to the Harold Pinter Theatre utilising the Menier's fantastic 35 offer. I just have one question regarding the seats I have booked. I am sat in Row A of the Dress Circle on the left hand side block (right hand side when looking at the seating plan). These are marked as red on the Theatre Monkey website, but I cannot see any opinions from others explaining why they are marked like this. Does anyone have any idea what these seats are like?

Also, when I go to see "Merrily" I am planning on going for a weekend and wanted to see if I could get tickets for "A Chorus Line". Does anyone know what the demand for day seats is like for this show? If I cannot get to the theatre for 10am on the day, do you reckon that I would be able to still get day seats later on, or will there be any suitable deals at the TKTS booth?

Thanks in advance. Sorry for being such a pain!
Theatre 2014: Putting It Together (St. James Theatre) ***** Candide (Menier Chocolate Factory) ***** Les Miserables ** Gounod: Faust (ROH) ***** Urinetown (St. James Theatre) ***** Ades: Powder Her Face (ENO at Ambika P3) **** Pacific Overtures (Union Theatre) ***** Marry Me A Little (St. James Studio) **** Miss Saigon ****
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
London Trip
Posted: 2/22/13 at 01:42pm
I turned up at the Palladium last Saturday at 12 noon and was able to get a 49 ticket for that evening's show for just 19.50 - but don't know if that's general the case or if I was just very lucky!
THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol**** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz CallawayI(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand**** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)**** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert**** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends*** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!**** Zanna, Don't!**** West End Fest**** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time**** Julius Caesar*** Anything Can Happen**** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Forbidden Broadway**** Is There Life After High School? (Swansea)**** Dessa Rose***** Marry Me A Little***** Dogfight***** Bare (Edinburgh)**** 6 (Edinburgh)**** The Addams Family (Edinburgh)**** The Girl Who (Edinburgh)** Unfaithful (Edinburgh)***** Alba (Edinburgh)*** Connected (Edinburgh)**** See Rock City** The Apple Tree**** Edges**** Hamlisch**** Dogfight***** The Return Of The Soldier**** The Dreaming**** Mamma Mia**** Dr Scroggy's War**** Les Miserables***** Joseph*****
mallardo
Broadway Legend
London Trip
Posted: 2/23/13 at 04:47am
The front row Circle at the Harold Pinter does, I believe, have a railing which might be considered obstructive if you're verticaly challenged. Maybe that's it.
Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!
AddisonMizner
Broadway Star
London Trip
Posted: 2/25/13 at 08:44am
Thank you both for your help.

I thought that would be it mallardo. There seems to be no other explanation. I'm tall so a rail won't really affect me. Anyway, I can't really complain as the tickets were a steal at that price!

Theatre 2014: Putting It Together (St. James Theatre) ***** Candide (Menier Chocolate Factory) ***** Les Miserables ** Gounod: Faust (ROH) ***** Urinetown (St. James Theatre) ***** Ades: Powder Her Face (ENO at Ambika P3) **** Pacific Overtures (Union Theatre) ***** Marry Me A Little (St. James Studio) **** Miss Saigon ****

Message Board

BWW BLOGS