Viva Forever - will it go on?

AnythingGoes23
Broadway Star
Posted: 1/17/13 at 11:26am
Crisis talks for Viva Forever! They are not sure what to do with the 2nd booking period, the show is still only booking to end of May 2013.

Re-writes, with the cast rehearsing like dogs during the day, are happening and the initial plan was to close for a few performances or a week and re-open with a tighter show. However it is now thought the show needs a complete rewrite or even new production. A plan said to be in the works is to close the London show at the end of this booking period and for Judy Craymer to produce a brand new version show, tour it in the UK for 2014 and hope to bring it back London...

philitalia
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/17/13 at 11:59am
Am I right to suppose that ticketsales have imploded since its opening - or were the reports about its huge advance incorrect ??

Could it be salvaged after the bad press it received ?

Updated On: 1/17/13 at 11:59 AM
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/17/13 at 01:19pm
I would have thought shutting down for a week then reopening would be the best option rather than closing it and doing a new version on tour with the hope of transferring back into the West End.

Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/17/13 at 02:47pm
The show is a plane crash, close it NOW and reopen it in Timbuktu.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon*****
philitalia
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/18/13 at 02:04am
That's very cruel. What have the people of Timbuktu done to you to deserve this ?
Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/18/13 at 07:46am
The fact that this wasn't critic proof should tell them something
jaqs
Broadway Star
Posted: 1/18/13 at 10:56am
It shouldnt be that hard to fix, its not like the west end isnt full of examples of how to merge cling film like books with some songs to have the hen parties enthralled.

I wont be upset if it leaves and highly unlikely to return even if it revamps, recasts and gives away tickets.

Message Board

BWW BLOGS