Viva needs work...

devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Viva needs work...
Posted: 1/7/13 at 11:08am
The cast will be rehearsing throughout January on a new version of the show. It is being completely re-written.
Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
Viva needs work...
Posted: 1/7/13 at 11:35am
yeah i saw west end producers tweet about that, has this ever happened before with a show and its then gone on to be a success? the only two i can think of off the top of my head is lnd and martin guerre, neither of which survived that long after to make money.

ive also heard its not selling out so im guessing they are worried a bit about advanced sales
TerryLondon2
Swing
Viva needs work...
Posted: 1/7/13 at 12:03pm
it does need work....
Only show I can think of is on broadway, That was Spiderman....
bdn223
Broadway Star
Viva needs work...
Posted: 1/7/13 at 12:03pm
Omit
Updated On: 1/7/13 at 12:03 PM
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Viva needs work...
Posted: 1/7/13 at 12:39pm
As the saying goes, you can't polish a turd!
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy*****
AnythingGoes23
Broadway Star
Viva needs work...
Posted: 1/7/13 at 03:32pm
The basis of the plot is alright, but it needs mass rewrites, I don't think it's possible to revise it whilst playing and these things never hardly work.

Sunset and Starlight revised did well... But they weren't dreadful to start with.

Viva should close. Rehashed and head out on tour,
AnythingGoes23
Broadway Star
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Viva needs work...
Posted: 1/7/13 at 08:29pm
Didn't Martin Guerre and Sunset Boulevard close for a few days to implement the changes. Viva should do the same but I guess they won't cancel performances.
RENT_is_Wicked2
Understudy
Viva needs work...
Posted: 1/7/13 at 10:24pm
I remember Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark went under a huge rewrite and got a new director. The show is doing pretty well now.
jaqs
Broadway Star
Viva needs work...
Posted: 1/8/13 at 02:18am
Love never dies reworked itself. I think if they hadn't had the spice girls booked they could have pushed back press night, but the main cast is as much a problem as the material.
Briaansmith
Chorus Member
Viva needs work...
Posted: 1/8/13 at 03:57am
needs work no needs to close
ContinentalNettle
Swing
Viva needs work...
Posted: 1/8/13 at 05:04pm
I still don't understand why the spice girls were considered good material for a musical. Sure they're fun and lively, but the songs aren't enough to carry a west end show. Unlike other jukebox musicals such as Mamma Mia! where the songs tell stories in and of themselves, the spice girls were more concerned with churning out hits.
rockyhorrorfan
Stand-by
Viva needs work...
Posted: 1/9/13 at 06:16am
Viva needs to close!

Message Board

Heathers the Musical 6 Posts
Water Babies 8 Posts

BWW BLOGS