Comscore

LAST MINUTE HELP: Advice for a Visiting New Yorker

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
Broadway Legend
Almost set for my 5 days in London next week...already booked Singin', Sweeney, In Basildon, the Collaborators, and the Recruiting Officer.

...but I have one more Saturday matinee slot to fill!

Leaning toward Duchess with Eve Best at the Old Vic, but I'm "concerned" that I'll hear about something else great that I should be seeing instead. Or worse still...I'll love Sweeney so much that I'll simply want to see that again! Oh such a dilemma!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
MamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Wait!

Get to London and look around.
Go with your instinct when you find yourself in the middle of our world renowned West End theatreland!

Your spirit will take you to the seat you should be in.....
Musical-Matt Profile Photo
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
i agree with mamma there is some wonderful plays and musicals open at the moment in the west end. for me when i cant decided is i just walk around each theatre and look at there marquees what the press comments say ect. :)
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt
Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
Broadway Legend
Thank you both!

But question: what is it like getting tickets at the Old Vic? Are they likely to be available a few days before or day of the show? Is Best likely to make this a harder ticket to score?
Musical-Matt Profile Photo
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
something i cant answer as i have never seen anything at the old vic
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt
MamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
The Old Vic has many restricted view seats that are usually eft till last minute unless it's a mega production.
It doesn't operate as a normal West End house.
mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
Broadway Legend
Do yourself a favor and go see Floyd Collins at the Southwark Playhouse - near London Bridge. It's a fabulous production of a great musical in a venue so perfect it will never be duplicated.
Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!
cardamon Profile Photo
cardamon
Understudy
I'm going to be in London next week too - seeing Matilda, Sweeney, In Basildon, Floyd Collins, and The Master & Margarita.

Not to thread-jack, but has anyone ever been to a Rose Bruford College production? I was looking for a Friday matinee, and found they're going to be doing an actor-musician production of Parade at the Unicorn Theatre. Any thoughts on whether it's worth bothering with? The only other Friday mat I could find was Horrible Histories, which doesn't sound very interesting.

INTO THE WOODS

Message Board

TKTS Urinetown 12 Posts
Kerry Ellis in CATS? 1 Posts

BWW BLOGS

Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement