Comscore

Guys And Dolls -UK Tour 2011

MamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/6/10 at 10:40am

A new touring production is to hit the stage next spring.

'Guys And Dolls'
A Salisbury Playhouse Co-production with Clwyd Theatr Cymru and new Wolsey Theatre Ipswich

Tour dates so far include Salisbury, Cardiff, Ipswich, Mold, Swansea, Bradford, Nottingham.

“When you see a guy
Reach for stars in the sky
You can bet that he’s doing it
For some doll”
The hustle and bustle of New York in the Fifties, Sky Masterson hits town and falls for a bet with small-time gambler Nathan Detroit that he can take any girl he wants to Havana. When Nathan names Sarah Brown – a beautiful leader of the Salvationists Save-a-Soul Mission – as the girl he must win, sparks begin to fly.

The stage will be lit by the bright lights of Broadway for this dazzling new production, with a compnay of 22 actor-musicians, electrifying dance routines and such memorable songs as 'Luck Be a Lady', 'Sit Down, You’re Rockin’ the Boat', 'If I Were a Bel'l and, of course, the title song 'Guys and Dolls'.

Music and Lyrics by Frank Loesser
Book by Jo Swerling & Abe Burrows

Directed by Peter Rowe
Designed by Libby Watson
Musical Direction by Greg Palmer
Choreography by Francesca Jaynes

Updated On: 12/6/10 at 10:40 AM
ClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/6/10 at 11:21am
Wow, that came out of nowhere! xD
2014 Theatre: Strangers on a Train 3.5 * From Here To Eternity 3.5* Stephen Ward ***** The Full Monty ***** Fiddler on the Roof (UK Tour) *** Stephen Ward ***** Jersey Boys ***** Blithe Spirit ***** Wicked (UK Tour) *** Arcadia ** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels *** Urinetown ***** Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 3.5* Other Desert Cities **** Birdland **** The Phantom of the Opera **** Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake ***** In The Heights ***** Miss Saigon **** Clarence Darrow ***** Great Britain **** The Crucible **** The Pajama Game **** Mamma Mia *** Anna Nicole **** Barnum (UK Tour) ***** Simon Callow: The Man Jesus *****
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/6/10 at 11:22am
Didnt it just!
Buy why!
ClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/6/10 at 11:24am
Who knows? Will be hard to top the last one in most people's minds!
2014 Theatre: Strangers on a Train 3.5 * From Here To Eternity 3.5* Stephen Ward ***** The Full Monty ***** Fiddler on the Roof (UK Tour) *** Stephen Ward ***** Jersey Boys ***** Blithe Spirit ***** Wicked (UK Tour) *** Arcadia ** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels *** Urinetown ***** Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 3.5* Other Desert Cities **** Birdland **** The Phantom of the Opera **** Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake ***** In The Heights ***** Miss Saigon **** Clarence Darrow ***** Great Britain **** The Crucible **** The Pajama Game **** Mamma Mia *** Anna Nicole **** Barnum (UK Tour) ***** Simon Callow: The Man Jesus *****
songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/6/10 at 11:26am
God i wish they would put some shows on the road that have not been seen before on tour
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/6/10 at 11:29am
EXACTLY! EXACTLY! EXACTLY!

Fcuking 'Guys And Dolls', 'South Pacific', Okla bloody homa!, 'Fidler On The Roof' etc etc etc.
Always being sent out!
Summit new PLEASE!

Updated On: 12/6/10 at 11:29 AM
bob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/6/10 at 11:30am
I agree SADM. Guys & Dolls - great show with one of the all-time great scores but why not something different?
THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol**** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz CallawayI(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand**** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)**** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert**** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends*** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!**** Zanna, Don't!**** West End Fest**** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time**** Julius Caesar*** Anything Can Happen**** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Forbidden Broadway**** Is There Life After High School? (Swansea)**** Dessa Rose***** Marry Me A Little***** Dogfight***** Bare (Edinburgh)**** 6 (Edinburgh)**** The Addams Family (Edinburgh)**** The Girl Who (Edinburgh)** Unfaithful (Edinburgh)***** Alba (Edinburgh)*** Connected (Edinburgh)**** See Rock City** The Apple Tree**** Edges**** Hamlisch**** Dogfight***** The Return Of The Soldier**** The Dreaming**** Mamma Mia**** Dr Scroggy's War**** Les Miserables***** Joseph***** Buddy Holly & The Cricketers (tour)***** Skyhawk (Swansea)**** The Scottsboro Boys***** Memphis***** Love Story***** Altar Boyz**** Into The Woods***** Buddy Holly & The Cricketers (tour)***** In Time O' Strife (NTS tour, Cardiff)****
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/6/10 at 11:34am
I wish they would do with these old creaking musicals what they did with all the Agatha Christie plays.
The Agatha Christie estate got really fed up with the endless touring of really bad productions of the great ladies plays. They took all licensing away for 10 years.
Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/6/10 at 12:06pm
"Tour dates so far include Salisbury, Cardiff, Ipswich, Mold, Swansea, Bradford, Nottingham."

F*$%@'% MOLD, where the F*$% is Mold?
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** See Rock City** Guys and Dolls*** Wicked* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory*** The Apple Tree*** The Jersey Boys*** Miss Saigon***** Matilda***** A Streetcar Named Desire**** The Dreamling** The Play That Went Wrong*** The Phantom of the Opera**** Fully Committed*** Bedroom Farce**** (Salisbury Playhouse) Sweeney Todd**** King Charles III*** Here Lies Love**** The Vertical Hour**** Love Story***** Altar Boys*** Evita**** Next Fall***** Cat On A Hot Tin Roof***** (Tour: Royal Deansgate, Northampton) Memphis*** The Scottsboro Boys**** Shakespeare In Love* Neville's Island*** East Is East**** Evita**** Into The Woods*** Gypsy***** (Chichester) Billy Elliot***** Seminar*** Damn Yankees*** Teh Internet Is Serious Business***
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/6/10 at 12:10pm
Just behind your sideboard!
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/6/10 at 12:15pm
I love Guys and Dolls but i wanna see some different stuff come out on the road. The amount of shows that have come and gone in London or not toured in many many years and we always get the some old same old. It's time for some producers to get brave and get stuff like Bad Girls, Taboo, Closer to Heaven etc out on the road. Getting Passing Strange over here and so on.
jamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/6/10 at 12:23pm
I'm intrigued. Any more info regarding cast etc and is there an offical site?
''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/6/10 at 12:29pm
Whats to be intrigued about?, it's Guys and Dolls going on tour again. It will be cheaper than the last production that went out.
bob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/6/10 at 12:29pm
POL - Mold is the county town of Clwyd in North Wales. As this is a Theatre Clwyd co-production, it's a pretty obvious venue for them - and it's actually a fantastic theatre company. I've seen many awesome Theatre Clwyd productions (including one on my last New York trip!), so this is likely to be a top-notch production of G & D. Just wish they'd chosen something else to take on the road. That said, I will still go see it when it gets to Swansea!
THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol**** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz CallawayI(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand**** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)**** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert**** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends*** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!**** Zanna, Don't!**** West End Fest**** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time**** Julius Caesar*** Anything Can Happen**** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Forbidden Broadway**** Is There Life After High School? (Swansea)**** Dessa Rose***** Marry Me A Little***** Dogfight***** Bare (Edinburgh)**** 6 (Edinburgh)**** The Addams Family (Edinburgh)**** The Girl Who (Edinburgh)** Unfaithful (Edinburgh)***** Alba (Edinburgh)*** Connected (Edinburgh)**** See Rock City** The Apple Tree**** Edges**** Hamlisch**** Dogfight***** The Return Of The Soldier**** The Dreaming**** Mamma Mia**** Dr Scroggy's War**** Les Miserables***** Joseph***** Buddy Holly & The Cricketers (tour)***** Skyhawk (Swansea)**** The Scottsboro Boys***** Memphis***** Love Story***** Altar Boyz**** Into The Woods***** Buddy Holly & The Cricketers (tour)***** In Time O' Strife (NTS tour, Cardiff)****
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/6/10 at 12:32pm
Yea Bob, they have a brilliant history and I have seen hundreds of their shows in the last 30 odd years including a tour of 'Irma La Douce' starring Ruth Madoc back in 1976.
AngusN
Broadway Star
Posted: 12/6/10 at 02:45pm
Not another actor-musician show. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I am so fed up of them. It works for very few musicals. I really will not accept the idea of the gamblers playing musical instruments.
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/6/10 at 02:59pm
...cos gamblers usually have guns or cash in their instrument cases!!
Meirion
Chorus Member
Posted: 12/6/10 at 03:28pm
Cast includes: Adam Baxter, Delroy Brown, Sophie Byrne, Georgina Field, Ben Fox, Christopher Fry, Anthony Hunt, Rosie Jenkins, Paul Kissaun, Nick Lashbrook, Claire McGarahan, Lorna-Marie Moore, Laura Pitt-Pulford, David Randall, Steve Simmonds, Michael Shaeffer, Gavin Spokes, Kraig Thornber, Susannah Van Den Berg, Johnson Willis, Charlie Tighe
Spotlight61
Leading Actor
Posted: 12/6/10 at 05:05pm
With that cast it's definitely an actor-musician show! It will be playing regional theatre's.
Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/8/10 at 10:45am
New Year resolution is to see more tours next years.

Have my eye on Chess, Avenue Q, Hairspray, Spring Awakening and this sounds good to see.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** See Rock City** Guys and Dolls*** Wicked* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory*** The Apple Tree*** The Jersey Boys*** Miss Saigon***** Matilda***** A Streetcar Named Desire**** The Dreamling** The Play That Went Wrong*** The Phantom of the Opera**** Fully Committed*** Bedroom Farce**** (Salisbury Playhouse) Sweeney Todd**** King Charles III*** Here Lies Love**** The Vertical Hour**** Love Story***** Altar Boys*** Evita**** Next Fall***** Cat On A Hot Tin Roof***** (Tour: Royal Deansgate, Northampton) Memphis*** The Scottsboro Boys**** Shakespeare In Love* Neville's Island*** East Is East**** Evita**** Into The Woods*** Gypsy***** (Chichester) Billy Elliot***** Seminar*** Damn Yankees*** Teh Internet Is Serious Business***
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/8/10 at 10:52am
I will not be watching this, the actor musician thing has just gone too far
jamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/5/11 at 07:57am
Seems the reviews it's getting are MUCH better than some people on here would have liked
''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
hotjohn Profile Photo
hotjohn
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/5/11 at 12:05pm
Phantom, your attitude and (possibly affected) ignorance does you no favours. Mold is in the county of Flintshire in north Wales. Clwyd Theatre Cymru (formerly Theatre Clwyd) has a great reputation as a producing theatre - their production of The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy (which I saw in the late 70s when I was in art college) is still one if the most imaginative, memorable theatre presentations I have ever seen.
Updated On: 3/5/11 at 12:05 PM
luke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/5/11 at 08:18pm
After this review, I'm looking forward to seeing this in Cardiff this coming week. Roll on Wednesday!
THEATRE 2014: Strangers on a Train ***1/2; From Here to Eternity **; Stephen Ward *****; The Wolves of Willoughby Chase (Progress Theatre, Reading) **; American Psycho ****; Putting it Together *****; West Side Story (UK Tour, Bristol) ***1/2; Bold Girls (Progress Theatre, Reading) ***; Blithe Spirit ****; The Magic Flute (RWCMD) ***; Stephen Ward *****; Secret Cinema: The Grand Budapest Hotel *****; Fiddler on the Roof (UK Tour Wimbledon) ****; The Lion King ****; Arcadia (Bristol Tobacco Factory) ****; The Weir *****; Good People ***; Other Desert Cities *****; Dirty Rotten Scoundrels ***; Urinetown *****; The Testament of Mary ***; Other Desert Cities *****; Miss Saigon ****; King Charles III *; Not About Heroes (Progress Theatre, Reading) **; In the Heights *****; London Road (Bristol Old Vic) ****; God of Carnage (Progress Theatre, Reading) **; The Hills of Tomorrow (Cardiff RepCo) ****; Mr. Burns ****; Love Labour's Lost...and Won (Reading Open Air Theatre) *****; Pacific Overtures (Union Theatre) ***1/2; Pippin *****; Hedwig and the Angry Inch *****; A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder ****; Cabaret *****; If/Then ***; Secret Cinema Presents: Dead Poets Society, A Tribute to Robin Williams *****; The Book of Mormon ***; The Crucible (Old Vic) ****1/2; The Pajama Game ****; Kate Bush: Before the Dawn *****; Anna Nicole ****; NT Live: A Streetcar Named Desire: ***; NT Live: Medea ****; Gypsy (Chichester) **** COMING UP: Great Britain, Speed the Plow, Assassins, Here Lies Love, Made in Dagenham, Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, City of Angels.
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/7/11 at 09:22am
Seeing this next week (comps!)

Page:

Message Board

TKTS Urinetown 10 Posts

BWW BLOGS