Fevered Sleep's DUSK Comes to the Young Vic, Nov 13-29
A Fevered Sleep/Young Vic production, DUSK, produced in association with Fuel and commissioned by Pontio, Bangor and supported by Stratford Circus will play The Maria at the Young Vic as part of a national tour. The show runs 13 - 29 November 2014, devised and directed by David Harradine and Samantha Butler. Press performance: Tuesday 18 November at 1.30pm.
It's dusk, the time when everything changes. Nestled together in the heart of a forest, a group of creatures with furry tails are waiting for their friend to arrive. Their friend has a long way to travel, many things to discover and challenges to face.
Fevered Sleep follows the revival of its outstanding show for young children, Brilliant, with a new show which celebrates the wide, wild world around us. Dusk is an adventure that explores the meaning of home, family, change and reunion. Combining film and live performance, it has its young audience at its heart.
Dusk continues Fevered Sleep's interest in the child's eye view of the natural world, as seen in The Forest in 2009. The audience is invited to experience a journey through forests, beaches, up mountains and into the centre of a city, seeing how the world changes as seasons pass and tides turn.
Although made for 4-7 year olds, it will be enjoyed by older children and adults. Tails for all are provided!
Fevered Sleep's Artistic Directors David Harradine and Samantha Butler have increasingly combined an eclectic range of media, using different art forms and technological methods to make thoughtful and original work. They have produced films, an app, books, installations, dance pieces and theatre for both adults and children.
Recent projects include:
• a film of Brilliant which will be screened as part of the Picturehouse's TODDLER TIME in participating London cinemas. (see overleaf for dates)
• It's the Skin You're Living In: a multi-platform film about climate and connectedness which can be seen as a split-screen film, a multi-screen installation and a hugely inventive, free to download iPhone app (see overleaf)
• Stilled: a durational dance piece and photographic exhibition.
• An Open Field - a participatory walking project and online artwork to be launched in Summer 2014
• Invisible Things: a book about devising made as part of An Infinite Line; Brighton
• Little Universe: an outdoor show for 3 - 5 year olds
• The Weather Factory: a series of installations and experiences in a house in the Welsh mountains
So put on your tail, prick up your ears, and get ready for Dusk!
Dates: 13-29 November 2014
Times: 13, 19, 26 November at 1.30pm 14, 15, 18, 20, 21, 25, 27, 28, 29 November at 10.30am & 1.30pm 22 November at 10.30am, 1.30pm & 4pm
To Book: www.youngvic.org / 020 7922 2922
For tour information, go to www.feveredsleep.co.uk.